Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Alliance badass needed

It's fucking urgent. I enjoy the story and progression in lore in the game maybe more than anything. And as a 5 year long devoted Alliance player, I gotta say that it's time we got a TRUE badass Alliance character.

When Cata started, I had this delusion that Darius Crowley (remember him?) was going to be this long awaited kick ass mofo. First of all he was a worgen with an eye patch, which automatically opens a door for him, and second of all, the NAME. I just think it's such a badass name.

But seriously, with all the Horde favoritism going on right now, and let's not kid ourselves, Blizz PREFER Horde, the Alliance need now more than ever a character to be proud of and get behind. I think our best bet right now is that Varian is going to turn around and become a FUCKING SLAYER, but since Wrath I have been waiting for the moment that put him on top of the food chain. It never came.

SO PLEASE BLIZZARD, in 5.4, in 5.5, in the next expansion, ANY TIME SOON, just for once look at the Alliance as equal to Horde from an Alliance player's point of view. Add a badass Alliance character and show us that you care about us too.

theres no horde favortism. and the alliance has plenty of badarse characters.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yeah, Darius did put his tail between his cheeks and fun off like the little dog that he is. I thought he was going to develop into something, but just hasn't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happened to sky admiral Rogers? Shes a brash, merciless, fist pumping alliance officer.

Horde favoritism because they get shattered and alliance get to become stronger. Obvious bias because the alliance doesn't kill every single horde and erase all their 90s forcing them to be alliance.

(if it was SoSW) Horde favoritism because horde get to come in alliance land and kill the king.

Horde badasses
    Thrall - neutral
    Saurfang - crying
    Baine - unknown (as in nobody knows about him because hes done nothing but wish he was his father)
    Lorthemar - Counts (1)
    Sylvannis - no current objective and is going crazy
    Garrosh - evil, going to die
    Galywix (lol) - MIA
    nazgrim - dying
    cairne - Dead by garrosh/grimtotems poison
    vol'jin - Counts (2)

We have.. Jaina..

Maybe.. (fuckin indecisive girl)

Deleted
    I want it to be Draenei. Some "not-so-holy" paladin in example.

Or gnome, just for haters.

It really says something about the quality of content that Alliance players are still feeling ignored because of disaster that was Cataclysm. MoP is definitely Horde-centric, but not nearly as much as Cata was.

IMO,

Patch 5.0: Good leveling content for both sides
    Patch 5.1: It was mostly focused on Garrosh, but it was in such a way that the Alliance still felt they mattered. Good for both sides.
    Patch 5.2: I don't know about the Blood Elf story here, but I'm glad to see two underappreciated factions appearing. Good for both sides.
    Patch 5.3: Obviously Horde focused in every way possible other than a single scenario
    Patch 5.4: Horde focused with an incredibly unrealistic decision by the Alliance. "But you siege an enemy capital! How much more fist pumping do you want?" to actually conquer it. If you take the capital of an enemy faction, why would you give it back? The Darkspear Rebellion is still Horde, and they are in no position to make any demands. But nope, Varian is just like "we took out Garrosh for you, cya".

Something along the lines of withdrawing from pre-Cata Alliance territories (and giving up some of their present territories), demilitarizing, paying for Alliance war damage, putting in a puppet Warchief, something to that effect would have been much more realistic in an actual real world situation.

I wish Anduin played a bigger role in MoP, or at least will play a bigger role next xpac. They've been building him up for a while now, and he's actually a pretty good character. I suppose his age at the moment is the biggest issue, he's probably only like 16 so it would seem strange for someone that inexperienced to become the next Thrall or Tirion.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-09-02 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    This game needs a female badass leader somewhere, boths sides.
    Jaina is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Yeah, Darius did put his tail between his cheeks and fun off like the little dog that he is. I thought he was going to develop into something, but just hasn't yet.
    I remember when Cata was in beta, and video of the worgen starting zone was shown, people were saying Crowley was a badass because he could cleave with his fists. And then what happens to him? He gets a rather horrible whispery voice, and runs away when the forsaken capture his daughter and threaten to kill her if his forces don't exit Silverpine. Not sure why Lorna was never turned into a worgen. They just ruined what could have been a good character.

It's not favoritism in terms of number of cool characters, it's favoritism in term of how the story is told : through the eyes of the Horde.

In Cataclysm, Thrall (the very face of the Horde) was the main character with his disappearance, his rescue quest and his actions in Dragon Soul.
    In MoP, Garrosh unleashed hell on the Alliance and Pandaren. Every action taken by the Alliance is a reaction to what Garrosh did, they only move forward in 5.3 and 5.4. I really liked the lore from both sides and I believe it was more balanced than it used to be, I'm waiting for 5.4 and possibly 5.5 before drawing any definite conclusion. I just hope Blizz doesn't pussy out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    He gets a rather horrible whispery voice, and runs away when the forsaken capture his daughter and threaten to kill her if his forces don't exit Silverpine. Not sure why Lorna was never turned into a worgen. They just ruined what could have been a good character.
    He should have said something like "Well, we must all make sacrifices" and then charged and cleaved Godfrey and Warden in half before being airlifted out my some Val'Kyrs.

Deleted
    We already have a few, they're just not featured enough.

Shandris Feathermoon, her last feat was shunning Cho'gall from Dire Maul with only a few archers and the player character. As a contrast, it takes at least 10 players to kill Cho'gall yet he ran away from Shandris.

Darius Crowley, he beat the forsaken and the savage worgen with his fists... unfortunately he kept his word and after he took his daughter he never returned.

Sky Admiral Rogers, she was a psycho and a good tactician and would leave none survive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garithos for president!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Garithos for president!
    The fact that he's dead kind of gets in the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm right here, ye nancy.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They have anduin, the most "badass" character alliance would ever need.

I don't understand why there are so many QQ threads about "Horde favoritism". At this point it just seems like a bunch of blind fanboys are following along with what they read on the subject and decide to break off with their own cry-cry posts. Get the hell over it. I've seen enough of this..

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    The fact that he's dead kind of gets in the way.
    Raised by Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    They have anduin, the most "badass" character alliance would ever need.
    Well not really badass, but I honestly like the guy. You know, that rebel teen who doesn't really want to be a prince, and YOLOes into dangerous things without thinking.