Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I second the motion for Darius Crowley and more Worgen love.
    Signature in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    I second the motion for Darius Crowley and more Worgen love.
    I come from the Net.

The Alliance has John J Keeshan. With a quest like "AHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHHH!!!" that's all they need to tip the balance of badass in their favor. What does the Horde have? Johnny Awesome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Need Turalyon to come back and start kicking asses and taking names.

Not some "neutral hero" crap like all the other Alliance Champions end up becoming...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The Alliance has and has had plenty of them, the only problem currently is WoW itself. The game prevents good and interesting storytelling, it prevents great stories being told and written interestingly like WC3 RoC/TFT. Not enough time in patches to show a sort of 'time gap' to allow for development, and new expansions going onto new things and not carrying the same, interesting story forward...or the characters with it.

I think the main problem is the fact that Alliance characters just aren't written to be badass. There's no reason why they have to be the 'good guys' like they are. Why can't the Alliance show a bit of evil? That's why people like being the bad guys, because stories and characters written like that of the good guys are fucking boring and uninspired. There are never any surprises. If the Alliance did get a badass, he needs to be a badass, not some guy who wants to uphold the good, sort of speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    I'll tell you what the Alliance demands (another time):

<snip>
    Basically: Alliance owns all the Eastern Kingdoms and Northern Kalimdor? I could get behind that. But it's never gonna happen.

Started as Alliance on day of launch, switched to Horde right before BC.

Alliance need a good, not necessarily a righteous do-no-wrong holy book thumping, leader. Someone with a unique story and background, someone that earns respect. Anduin has that, but he lacks manliness. Varian is just godawful, almost combines the worst of both Thrall and Garrosh with a splash of different polish. Bolvar and Tirion would have been amazing.

Sadly all the other races' Leaders are lackluster. One needs to step up and have multiple patches/entire expansion worth of build up to be great, not hashed together Lore in the form of a book and expect the general playerbase to accept them. My choice would be a Worgen, all the other Alliance races are soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Whatever happened to sky admiral Rogers? Shes a brash, merciless, fist pumping alliance officer.
    Love her, there should be more of her.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Basically: Alliance owns all the Eastern Kingdoms and Northern Kalimdor? I could get behind that. But it's never gonna happen.
    And thats not blatant alliance favoritism right there either right? I love how hypocritical and oxymoron alliance players are.

"Oh wah, Horde has EVERYTHING, I think to make it equal we should get 75% of the land." Ya that makes it real equal and how many Horde players have you seen bitch about the Org raid? But the one guy who is a huge Garrosh fanboy on this site NO ONE! We are all happy to raid our OWN main city, but if it were reversed and we were raiding Stormwind, there would be a shit storm of complaints from Alliance players.

"Omg wah, Horde gets everything and then they get to raid our city, waaaaah." The outrage would be insane, they wouldnt stop bitching about horde favoritism until Blizzard gave in and change it. And in the other case where they raid our city, THEY STILL BITCH!

I think its more or less like this, Alliance characters are just mad that all their friends and all the "cool" people play Horde. So they have this mental state that makes them think they are an underdog or something. Even though lore clearly states they are much larger and more organized then the Horde is. Alliance just want it all, Ive been playing for 6 years now nearly and there hasnt been one patch the Alliance didnt bitch about.

Hell, in one of the greatest scenes ever, one of our Warlords promising sons gets killed by The Lich King and the Alliance counterpart, Bolvar, gets imbued with Dragon flight and Lich King powers. An alliance character(Tirion) kills Arthas and then another alliance character saves the day and all of humanity from oblivion(Bolvar) AND THEY STILL BITCHED!

I think thats something Alliance will just always continue to do better then the Horde, bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Blizzard already confirmed they are coming back next expansion. (Alleria and Turalyon)
    Is that confirmed? I mean, Blizzard said that they will return, but did they say it would be in the expansion after MoP or maybe in a upcoming expansion in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    I hope they are Neutral, just to see Northem's butt get supremely shattered at the Idea that the Alliance doesn't get all it's old heroes back while the Horde is shat on.
    Thanks I love you too

But seriously, what would say the fans of the Horde if Rexxar becomes a neutral hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Not some "neutral hero" crap like all the other Alliance Champions end up becoming...
    That's the idea, Turalyon rules!

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    You know ... when negotiating we must start with a high price and then haggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BukkaKid View Post
    Started as Alliance on day of launch, switched to Horde right before BC.

Alliance need a good, not necessarily a righteous do-no-wrong holy book thumping, leader. Someone with a unique story and background, someone that earns respect. Anduin has that, but he lacks manliness. Varian is just godawful, almost combines the worst of both Thrall and Garrosh with a splash of different polish. Bolvar and Tirion would have been amazing.

Sadly all the other races' Leaders are lackluster. One needs to step up and have multiple patches/entire expansion worth of build up to be great, not hashed together Lore in the form of a book and expect the general playerbase to accept them. My choice would be a Worgen, all the other Alliance races are soft.
    There's plenty of lore behind Turalyon...

Just imagine, when he comes back to Azeroth, he finds his kingdom, Lordaeron, not only occupied by a bunch of zombies that have sought to drive the remaining residents of Lordaeron into extinction, but who have ALSO allied themselves with the Orcs.

Plenty of founding for some awesome conflict off of that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colossus127 View Post
    And thats not blatant alliance favoritism right there either right? I love how hypocritical and oxymoron alliance players are.

"Oh wah, Horde has EVERYTHING, I think to make it equal we should get 75% of the land." Ya that makes it real equal and how many Horde players have you seen bitch about the Org raid? But the one guy who is a huge Garrosh fanboy on this site NO ONE! We are all happy to raid our OWN main city, but if it were reversed and we were raiding Stormwind, there would be a shit storm of complaints from Alliance players.

"Omg wah, Horde gets everything and then they get to raid our city, waaaaah." The outrage would be insane, they wouldnt stop bitching about horde favoritism until Blizzard gave in and change it. And in the other case where they raid our city, THEY STILL BITCH!

I think its more or less like this, Alliance characters are just mad that all their friends and all the "cool" people play Horde. So they have this mental state that makes them think they are an underdog or something. Even though lore clearly states they are much larger and more organized then the Horde is. Alliance just want it all, Ive been playing for 6 years now nearly and there hasnt been one patch the Alliance didnt bitch about.

Hell, in one of the greatest scenes ever, one of our Warlords promising sons gets killed by The Lich King and the Alliance counterpart, Bolvar, gets imbued with Dragon flight and Lich King powers. An alliance character(Tirion) kills Arthas and then another alliance character saves the day and all of humanity from oblivion(Bolvar) AND THEY STILL BITCHED!

I think thats something Alliance will just always continue to do better then the Horde, bitch.
    Nice strawman.

I think Brann Bronzebeard is pretty bad ass. He only shows up when there are god scale problems. Everything else is beneath him. The fact that he spends mists hanging out in a museum is pretty telling though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Tyrande will have her day.
    I don't remember who said, probably Kosak or Metzen, that she'll have her time to shine in the future, although not saying precisely when, but let's be optimistic and say it'll be next expansion. So, along with Alleria and Turalyon, that makes it three alliance badasses coming back

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of Tyrande:

I know a lot of people are arguing that she came off as "stupid" in the "kings trial" scenario... and I'd agree.

All Blizzard would have needed to do was say that the Horde forces were holding a band of Darnassus sentinels captive. The sentinels were the Alliance's main force in inland Krasarang, after all. BOOM, suddenly Tyrande becomes justified in her outrage.

It would have been so easy...
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

He's too awesome to not be neutral. If he went home those zombies would throw him a parade and welcome him back. Aside from that, both his people and Alleria's are all horde now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's because Japan and Germany surrendered unconditionally.

As for 5.4, the Rebellion isn't surrendering to the Alliance, they are partners. If the Alliance didn't negotiate terms for the partnership beforehand, they have no right to hold them hostage and demand things after the fact.
    They do, this right is called Strenght in Numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    He's too awesome to not be neutral. If he went home those zombies would throw him a parade and welcome him back. Aside from that, both his people and Alleria's are all horde now.
    He fought for the preservation of Southshore and Hillsbrad. Almost all of the people that lived there have now been killed by the Forsaken. He fought off the Orcs in Lordaeron city, and now finds that said zombies that have since murdered his countrymen in Southshore and Hillsbrad not only CONTROL the city, but also ALLOW the orcs to come and go through a destroyed Lordaeron as they please.

And this is a guy who HATES orcs. A guy who basically ascended into god-mode level paladin BECAUSE he hated orcs so much.

He wouldn't be all "smiles and sunshine" with the horde.

And as for Alleria... she and Turalyon have likely been fighting Demons in the twisting nether for the past decade or so. Not only would she still 1) hate the Orcs with a passion but 2) Probably not be wild with throwing her lot in with the glowing green-eyed formerly demonic-magic-aligned Blood elves, ESPECIALLY when the High Elves (including her sister) are still kicking around... and further considering that said blood elves have again helped the Orcs commit terrible acts of warfare, one of which directly lead to the death of her sister's husband.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-09-02 at 08:07 PM.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Your ignorance is leaking out your fingers, might want to have that checked (and consult a dictionary while you're out).

Probably because most Horde players hate Garrosh and what he's doing to the horde and are glad to have him out of power? If Alliance set up camp and occupied Orgrimmar like they should (like I'm damned sure Horde would do if Varian was the one going Coo-coo for Cocoa puffs), I'm sure every single horde player on this board would be bitching and moaning until Blizzard changed it to the current laughably unrealistic implementation of just abandoning the ground we've fought, bled, and died to conquer. Make no mistake: the Alliance is in the position of power at the end of the day, not Vol'Jin's handful of savages.

Exactly. The Alliance is much larger and more organized. How the FUCK does the Horde contend with that? Basically in-game, we've got the likes of Korea (successfully) holding off China. That's fucking retarded.

EDIT: Not just successfully holding off, but taking land from. Ridiculous.

Uh, no. In "one of the greatest cutscenes ever," one of your Warlords promising sons gets killed by The Lich King and the Alliance counterpart, Bolvar, dis-a-fucking-pears. We don't know WTF happened to him. Was he incinerated by the Red Dragon Flame? Did the LK actually abscond with his body, too? We don't know! Not at that point anyway. Not to mention the betrayal of Putress and the knowing that Saurfang the Lesser died are much stronger emotional content for Horde.

Tirion is not an Alliance character. He's a neutral character. Just like all his Argent Dawn/Crusade. If he was an Alliance character, he wouldn't have hosted a tournament inviting the Horde to participate. Bolvar... Isn't human anymore. I really don't think we've seen the last of him. Though I expect ICC 2.0 to be handled in books rather than in-game. Then again, "setbacks" and recycled content aren't exactly strangers to Blizzard.

I dunno, if so, you're running a damned close second.
    Last edited by PetersenIII; 2013-09-02 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    They do, this right is called Strenght in Numbers.
    Who says hey have superior numbers at the siege?