Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    I have played horde since beginning and mostly consider alliance a boring goody two-shoes faction but even i am pissed of the portrayal of Night elfs.

When i first encountered nelfs back in wc3 i was amazed. Blizz had really set a new base for how elves can be described. Elves have usually been depicted as pale skinned and lean bodied and shorter than humans. But night elves on the other hand, muscular, taller than humans, somewhat barbaric.

These guys should be the badasses of alliance. Thousands of years old warrior race. Instead they ended up being humans bitches.
    Despite five attempts, I have NEVER managed to level a N-elf character past level 10 and only two attempts ended up at that tenth level- -a testimony to how much of a mind-numbingly BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING of a playable race N-elves were/are, with questing equally as boring.

When I finally learned that they once were depicted as a race of vitriolic, xenophobic beings of utmost ferocity and disdain for Azeroth's younger races, I was disappointed that ALL of this was scrapped in favour of having generic tree-dwelling faes with bows and staves. Blizzard has managed to create their own unique version of an elf without the burden of all the common denominations of this fantasy race. And then they destroyed their own concept to replace it with one that is so boring that it drives their own writers away from it.

I was excited to see Jaina be the alliance 'Badass character" once they announced theramore was going to get blown up, but then she went IMMEDIATELY back to her idealistic, neutral ways. I honestly don't know what to expect fomr her character at this point, and i don't mean that in a good way. she has 180'd three times since MoP, and as easily as she calmed down after watching Theramore being erased from all existence, she could easily do it again after SoO. If they try to make her into a badass now, i don't think it'd stick simply because we can't trust her character development.

People I'd love to see as an alliance badass, however:
    -Darius Crowley
    -Shandris Feathermoon
    -Bolvar Motherfuckin' Fordragon (why did they have to waste such a cool character? WHY!?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyathon View Post
    I have played horde since beginning and mostly consider alliance a boring goody two-shoes faction but even i am pissed of the portrayal of Night elfs.

When i first encountered nelfs back in wc3 i was amazed. Blizz had really set a new base for how elves can be described. Elves have usually been depicted as pale skinned and lean bodied and shorter than humans. But night elves on the other hand, muscular, taller than humans, somewhat barbaric.

These guys should be the badasses of alliance. Thousands of years old warrior race. Instead they ended up being humans bitches.
    This is the thing though, in the books, NElves are still badasses. They just fail absolutely horribly at bringing that into the game, they just can't seem to get past the whole daisy eating-tree hugging stereotype. I don't even know how it's possible the create that disconnect, but somehow they manage it. I can only imagine they write the books for the fans but keep in game to the normal stereotype so as not to confuse people or something.

As for Alliance badasses, Varian's chin will eclipse everyone else too much to allow them to show how badass they are, but yeah Sky Admiral Rodgers is cool. Jaina could have been, but they seem to have become scared to change her too much and tempered her uh, temper somewhat.

What the Alliance really need is a notable Warlock. Again, we read about them in the books, but they're the one class that's conspicuously absent from Alliance frontlines.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-09-03 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    Despite five attempts, I have NEVER managed to level a N-elf character past level 10 and only two attempts ended up at that tenth level- -a testimony to how much of a mind-numbingly BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING of a playable race N-elves were/are, with questing equally as boring.

When I finally learned that they once were depicted as a race of vitriolic, xenophobic beings of utmost ferocity and disdain for Azeroth's younger races, I was disappointed that ALL of this was scrapped in favour of having generic tree-dwelling faes with bows and staves. Blizzard has managed to create their own unique version of an elf without the burden of all the common denominations of this fantasy race. And then they destroyed their own concept to replace it with one that is so boring that it drives their own writers away from it.
    While most of my high level characters are night elves, I do agree. This is why I loved the new Darkshore, getting to kill every troll reminded me of those old night elves, the Warcraft 3 night elves. And then in Feralas gathering all the former allies and fighting Cho'gall again reminded me of that. This is why, from the new Cataclysm leveling zones, I loved those the most.

But most of those old night elves are gone. We sometimes see a spark appear, like these 2 zones and Thisalee Crow (which, funny enough, is neutral) and now Tyrande in SoO by the looks of it, but these are rare and more often we see night elves being portrayed more like wood elves with arcane magic too these days, which is kind of lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    If Alleria returns she'll be the biggest badass the Alliance ever had. She was an extremist anti-Horde, and when she returns to find her sister (Sylvanas) part of the Horde and her entire people (High Elves of Quel'Thalas) turned Horde, she'll turn batshit crazy and annihilate them all. She hasn't seen her homeland since Warcraft 2, imagine returning to find the shit that she's going to find.

At least that's what would happen if Metzen hadn't become the total pussy he is today.
    It seems that there are still people with sanity around here ...

However I bet $ 1,000 to that Turalyon will be a neutral hero as Tirion and Alleria will be a heroine of the Horde as her sister Sylvanas (or at least a neutral heroine) ...

Metzen should have some trauma with respect to the Alliance ...