Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Fuck Gary. I'll never forget that copy of Twisted Metal you never returned.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

The name offends me very, very badly. You sick scum.

Seriously though, pfft...what's wrong with Gary?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Probably someone wanting their alts name restored after they found out that another person claimed it.
    Too bad the GM's can't do that. If you deleted an alt named Gary and now want it but someone else has Gary, suck it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    Too bad the GM's can't do that. If you deleted an alt named Gary and now want it but someone else has Gary, suck it up.
    No one said that. I'd suggest rereading the comment you quoted.

Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Probably someone wanting their alts name restored after they found out that another person claimed it.
    This or he wanted the name for a character he made and reported it to get it.

Talk to Blizzard about it and write a ticket. There have been a number of blue posts in the last month or two where people have been flagged for a rename due to a bug.

Why post about it here before taking it up with Blizzard? We can't do anything about it.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

I once found a hunter's pet named after my real life name. I was playing with my sister and we were on Skype, so you can imagine

It's not offensive OP, could it be a mistake?

Probably a bug. Seen Blues post about this exact issue with legit RP names and otherwise.

I wish this would happen to me.
    I was just going to mess around with a hunter and just hit the random name generator and hit next.

Started to enjoy the hunter since the last time I played one was back in WoTLK.
    Now I'm stuck with a name that people keep asking me if I'm Chinese.
    Seems it's a very common name in China.

-.-;
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB 2133 MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SLI CASE: NZXT SWITCH 810
    PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 COOLING: Water Cooling
    Firearms: Glock 19 Generation 4

The Patient
    I couldn't name my battle pet Georgie SMASH because of inappropriate reasons(it's now George...). Maybe it was flagged by someone who isn't a fan of Gary Lineker? In all seriousness though, this hopefully is a bug.

It's a bug, happens all the time when you rename your character through purchasing character transfer, faction change or character rename.
    Ticket a GM and he'll sort it out for you.

Haven't you seen the mess Gary has done to the horde? So much that we're raiding Gary next patch, even the hordies. You might as well have called yourself hitler or voldemort.

The Lightbringer Shadow the Edgehog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Talk to Blizzard about it and write a ticket. There have been a number of blue posts in the last month or two where people have been flagged for a rename due to a bug.

Why post about it here before taking it up with Blizzard? We can't do anything about it.
    This.

Both my Warrior and Shaman were flagged for name changes the day after I brought them over to my current server (both were server/faction changes).

I waited to play my warrior until they took the name off. I changed my shaman's name, and after I logged out and back in, they had reset her name to the original.

It's just a bug, put in a ticket and wait for a GM to get back to you.
    This is WHO I AM.
    My Anime List -- Fate/Creed (Updated 3/31)
    Follow me on Twitter @ShaofPride!

"But the real thing about Draenor is that it's a very kind of savage place, it's kind of like Australia where 11/10 things will kill you, giants and poisonous plants and everything. I think it's going to be really cool." Ray Cobo
    WoW: Prot/Fury Warrior
    Diablo 3: Crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No one said that. I'd suggest rereading the comment you quoted.
    It was implied. I'd suggest re-re-reading the comments I quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW is like a bad fanfic that takes years to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozzna View Post
    Next expansion Thrall makes a baby with Nozdormu which can travel back in time and is a Mage/Shaman/Priest hybrid and gets kidnapped by Kael'thas who got ressurected by a horse using Nefarian's lightning machine.

we called garalon 'gary' during progression cuz he was such an asshole. "Awww, fuckin gary got us again" was said a lot

Gary from Spongebob is a snail and everyone hates gastropods therefore Gary is very offensive!
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 4MB RAM | 400MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 14" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

Why would it be offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I have a Uncle named Gary. LOL...
    Well, depending on your upbringing and rapport with your uncle... Gary could be the most offensive WoW name ever.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    It was implied. I'd suggest re-re-reading the comments I quoted.
    Here let me explain it to you.

Someone can't think of a creative name so they try one already taken by someone. They then petition a GM to have the name freed. The GM changes the name on the supposedly inactive player, player only has to be gone for 6 months plus before a name can be freed. Original player sees his characters name has been changed then petitions a GM to change the name back. Second GM reviews change log and grants the original player his name back. At no point does a character have to be deleted to have a name freed.

From now on instead of trying to create drama think for just one moment before posting.