Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Not if you were using traditional artillery, but something about the arcane makes me think it would not matter. Unless of course you think magic follows the laws of physics to a fault.
    I dont consider laws of physics to be a factor.

Capability of your average mage however...

Seriously, you would have bigger effect throwing overcharged mages to their death.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-09-02 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    OT but, it would be cool if Dalaran was constantly moving, across all zones. You log out in Dalaran above Zangarmarsch and come back in Dalaran above the Hinterlands etc.

that honestly would be pretty cool-- you could admire it from the ground as a lowby, it would be kind of a treat to run across it randomly in the course if daily life, and you could also chill in the city and watch the countryside roll by
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    OT but, it would be cool if Dalaran was constantly moving, across all zones. You log out in Dalaran above Zangarmarsch and come back in Dalaran above the Hinterlands etc.
    How do you want it to move through Dark Portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont consider laws of physics to be a factor.

Capability of your average mage however...

Seriously, you would have bigger effect throwing overcharged mages to their death.
    It's a fair assumption they'd have magical foci around, what with them being mentioned in the Beyond the Dark Portal novel among other sources. And let's not forget the Focusing Iris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You people are the reason I hate forums. You bitch and moan about everything. Grow up. It's a game.

If they HAD put Dalaran over Org, you people would have been first in line to complain that it didn't live up to expectations, or it needed to be about 20% cooler. Or that, god forbid, it take any retaliatory damage you howl about the slap in the face of the Alliance.

Hey, we get to run through Org. I don't care how you dress it up, that's pretty much the most anti-Horde moment possible. So what if it's not really a "Horde" city at the moment. I can still imagine myself running in and take a dump in the center of the main square if I want to.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard has a favorite class is a moron. Anyone who thinks they have a favorite faction is an idiot. They make games. And nobody will ever be 100% happy because everyone thinks they are just some kind of brilliant designer or planner or writer and they alone know the best thing to do that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will love and cherish.

Get over yourself. If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.

PREACH. *hands raised* logic is too strong. how does anyone not get the gist in this post?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

From what I heard the great flying spaghetti monster cancelled the plans to move Dalaran. Jaina was devastated, but who can disobey the ruling handed down by the great flying spaghetti monster. He is not one to be trifled with.

Seriously....why is this post even here?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkstarG View Post
    From what I heard the great flying spaghetti monster cancelled the plans to move Dalaran. Jaina was devastated, but who can disobey the ruling handed down by the great flying spaghetti monster. He is not one to be trifled with.
    5/5 stars
    Although how just having an immobile greatly scaled down Dalaran so we can assume that the city is just really far up in the sky, with the only things coming out of it are frost/fire/arcane bolts come out and striking Ogrimmar buildings shouldn't be that bad...again nothing targetable at location in there, just random bolts fired from it. Would also help to say when players get there that the Dalaran and the Kirin Tor forces are occupied in preventing Garrosh from using/seizing the over-sized cannon in Blidgewater Harbor. THAT way we know that Dalaran was on its way but had to ensure Garrosh didn't pull a fast one on the rest of the world while we are trying to slice his head off.
    As for victories and items of that matter... WAY TOO much of Alliance important victories/battles are in books rather than in game...and we see how ignorant people are at reading since spell check is not bothered with or any other large manner of things. Essentially The Shattering and Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde are the two books that hare heavy with current Horde lore, but of course who cares since the end result is out in game before the book is even released!
    Meanwhile the Alliance end results are not soon so quickly with the exception of Jania's hair color.
    Honestly I think the Horde favoritism view was viewed from 2 things: that one Blizzcon videos that had the call out for the Horde, which received are HUGE roar of "FOR THE HORDE!" and the Alliance was a weak and scattered, "For the Alliance, I guess." followed by a few snickers. The other reason would be Tauren Chieftain Elite Lvl 10 (since that's what they were prior to WoW release, during the Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne, and the song, "Power of the Horde" (its catchy as hell).

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Here's a thought... it might be silly to teleport an entire city above that area, since there's so many non-combatants on it who could be hurt, but what about the surrounding mini-islands? Load them up with War-mages and port them in, so they can shoot massive pyroblasts, fire off crazy arcane barrages, or shoot giant spears of ice at enemy fliers to help keep the heat off the 'real heroes' down below battling Garrosh's forces.

Besides, once we go underground, anything in the sky becomes an afterthought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Cheap excuses!

The real reason why we will not see (I fear that never) the Alliance-exclusive Dalaran is simply because of the Blizzard's favoritism towards the Horde. Blizzard never will give the Alliance anything positive...
    You... you just won the war and invaded Orgrimmar? There will be a victory parade in Stormwind, that I guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    You people are the reason I hate forums. You bitch and moan about everything. Grow up. It's a game.

If they HAD put Dalaran over Org, you people would have been first in line to complain that it didn't live up to expectations, or it needed to be about 20% cooler. Or that, god forbid, it take any retaliatory damage you howl about the slap in the face of the Alliance.

Hey, we get to run through Org. I don't care how you dress it up, that's pretty much the most anti-Horde moment possible. So what if it's not really a "Horde" city at the moment. I can still imagine myself running in and take a dump in the center of the main square if I want to.

Anyone who thinks that Blizzard has a favorite class is a moron. Anyone who thinks they have a favorite faction is an idiot. They make games. And nobody will ever be 100% happy because everyone thinks they are just some kind of brilliant designer or planner or writer and they alone know the best thing to do that EVERY SINGLE PLAYER will love and cherish.

Get over yourself. If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.
    Oh god that MLP:FIM quote

As for Dalaran... it would have been cool... the entire raid feels a bit... underwhelming? I dunno, i expected something properly badass i suppose, but i'll deal with what i get!

Quote Originally Posted by The method View Post
    As for Dalaran... it would have been cool... the entire raid feels a bit... underwhelming? I dunno, i expected something properly badass i suppose, but i'll deal with what i get!
    Most people haven't done it on the PTR and are armchair-speculating the raid. Telling people on how to feel about a raid based on that is silly.

I think it could have been interesting to have it there, either blasting or shielding against air attacks while the airships also keep each other busy. Then again they could have stepped up and have the Exodar do the same, since that also flies again and is closer by. Then again the Exodar could also go to pandaria and assist with cleansing the vale.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well we bitched endlessly about playing second-fiddle to Thrall and Fordring in Cata and Wrath, is it really so surprising that they think we'd complain if Dalaran was firing shots during the battle?
    Bingo. Remember how every complained that THRALL defeated Deathwing, and that we didn't? This is the first time Blizzard decided they wanted to make us defeat the final boss without some outside entity doing the job for us. This is why they made up some silly excuse why Thrall can't use his powers down in the Ragefire Stronghold.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    WoW-equivalent of a bunker buster /shrug

- - - Updated - - -

A parade in Orgrimmar, where we trample orc skulls and use the bones of slain Kor'kron to pave the road of victory from Ashenvale to Durotar would be more fun.
    A bunker buster while we're raiding inside would threaten the stability of the whole structure and potentially kill us all. Not a viable option. Also, I could totally see the Night Elves taking the bones of the Kor'kron and constructing some sort of monument or something out of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Dalaran is essentially an Alliance zone and pretty much a no-go area for the Horde, they can't really have it do anything or a while. We wouldn't want them to screw up and give the blue team some face time.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Cheap excuses!

The real reason why we will not see (I fear that never) the Alliance-exclusive Dalaran is simply because of the Blizzard's favoritism towards the Horde. Blizzard never will give the Alliance anything positive...

Oh my god I hate how alliance players act so childish its retarded. I want this! I want this! Majority of players play horde. So why should blizzard cater to a smaller player base.

Also you could just call destroying Orgimmar a win? Maybe that is why blizzard doesn't like alliance players because they whine like children. No horde threads were started when Icecrown was released even though it was a major alliance story line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    Oh my god I hate how alliance players act so childish its retarded. I want this! I want this! Majority of players play horde. So why should blizzard cater to a smaller player base.

Also you could just call destroying Orgimmar a win? Maybe that is why blizzard doesn't like alliance players because they whine like children. No horde threads were started when Icecrown was released even though it was a major alliance story line.
    And this is why I despise Alliance players like them.

We aren't all bad. THe vocal ones give the rest of us a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    And this is why I despise Alliance players like them.

We aren't all bad. THe vocal ones give the rest of us a bad name.
    Thank you, I played alliance back in vanilla and burning crusade and I never remember this many players whining. The dev interview with one of them pretty much says 'WHAT ELSE DO ALLIANCE PLAYERS WANT, THEY GET TO RAID ORGIMMAR."

its strictly performance. 95% of players could care less about this horde/alliance favoritism by blizzard lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Bit off-topic, but it bothers me that they'd consider using Dalaran as some kind of flying death ship. It's supposed to be a place of magical learning, and has a large civilian population and a lot of completely immartial businesses. >.<
    Yep. It was never used like this before, even against the Lich King or Deathwing - two much larger and more deadly threats (at least before Garrosh messes with Old God energies).

Dalaran is, at its best use, a support tool. Its a place for troops to martial, where Mages can focus portals and teleport troops into hotzones. Its something to counterspell any magical defenses Ogrimmar undoubtably has.

They could have just explained that it doesn't need to be 'flying overhead' to be supporting the offensive, and that such a thing would actually put it in danger of being destroyed.

However if there isn't at least one Alliance Gunship viable bombarding the city, I'm going to be a bit miffed.