Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Glyph of the Weaponmaster question

Glyph of the Weaponmaster: Shout abilities cause the appearance of the Warrior's weapon to change to that of a random weapon from their primary bag for a short time
    Just was looking on the changes for warriors on 5.4 and was wondering if this would work with legendary weapons?
    Says nothing much about what it will work with. Just curious because this seems awesome if it would work with legendary weapons. Anyone know if you can?

Deleted
    It did work, but they disabled it for obvious reasons (ENVY!).

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It did work, but they disabled it for obvious reasons (ENVY!).
    Well damn, was hoping it would go live. It would be awesome to have thunder-fury show.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering the same, so I went on the PTR to find out.
    What I found out is that it didn't work for any legendary I have, not even Shadow's Edge. It also totally removed the reforge you got on your weapon, and it didn't come back unless I relogged. Reload UI didn't do anything.
    Keep in mind it's a while since I tested this. Things could've changed.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by Fog View Post
    I was wondering the same, so I went on the PTR to find out.
    What I found out is that it didn't work for any legendary I have, not even Shadow's Edge. It also totally removed the reforge you got on your weapon, and it didn't come back unless I relogged. Reload UI didn't do anything.
    Keep in mind it's a while since I tested this. Things could've changed.
    You can just re-equip your weapons and it'll restore it.

If i'm not mistaken, the only reason you would use this glyph is if you want to look like you are fighting with fistweapons.

(or in some cases if the game only gives you good 1h and you want to look like you use 2h now that i think of it)
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    You can just re-equip your weapons and it'll restore it.
    Then that must've changed since I tried, because that was the first thing I did, after removing the 10 minute buff. :P
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Deleted
    The fact it doesnt work on legendary's makes it completely pointless.

If I wanted it to transmog into a normal weapon I can transmog I would already have done it.

It just makes 0 sense.

It currently does still work with Shadow's Edge, but unfortunately does not work with legendaries any longer. This was the only reason I was going to use it. I have Thunderfury and a Warglaive that want to come out and play. Why do they always take away the good things for warriors? /sigh

The day they remove option to transmog Thunderfury (etc legendary weapon) I removed that glyph. Like people above said it's pointless and it gave *great* joy by being able to see that old weapon in my hands again (like Paladins can have Ashbringer) even if we would get like 45sec visual buff. Otherwise Blizzard please remove this glyph.

No fun allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can still use it to show polearm i guess since that one cant be mogged to axes/swords/maces , might be wrong tho

I haven't tried it on the PTR, but they were supposed to allow us to transmog polearms into other 2 handed weapons and 2 handed weapons into polearms. Guess I could go check that out.

EDIT - Just checked on the PTR, and when I went to transmog my polearm there wasn't any option in the drop down for any of the other 2 handed weapons in my bags or bank. So I guess it could still be used for this purpose anyway.
    Last edited by Twistedklown; 2013-09-04 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    you can still use it to show polearm i guess since that one cant be mogged to axes/swords/maces , might be wrong tho
    Indeed this seems to be the only use.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed this seems to be the only use.
    You can also use it to "mog" 1hrs into daggers or fist weapons. Still extremely niche though. I guess the intent is that we would enjoy putting 30 weapons in our main bag and seeing a new one pop up every time we shouted? Not very weapon master-y in my opinion and you won't ever notice unless your standing in Shrine shouting every minute for shits n giggles.

The glyph is dumb, I hope no one uses it and whatever designer disallowed legendaries will notice and pull his head out of his ass.

Maybe you're TG but like fist/axes or vice-versa? You can't mog 2h > 1h right?

Or maybe you can use the fish or other random objects that can't be mogged into?

I'd also rather have it work with legendaries even if you couldn't keep a 100% uptime on it.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Maybe you're TG but like fist/axes or vice-versa? You can't mog 2h > 1h right?

Or maybe you can use the fish or other random objects that can't be mogged into?

I'd also rather have it work with legendaries even if you couldn't keep a 100% uptime on it.
    Can't go 1h -> 2h anymore with Glyph. Not sure about Fish and other "non transmoggable items" but I kinda doubt it. Either way thats really niche too because there aren't very many.