Darkshire portal?

Wanted to do some world pvp and noticed that there is a portal in the middle of darkshire where a world boss used to be.

I try and enter it but nothing happens? Is this something we'll see in a future expansion where they open this portal or is it just unfinished?

Deleted
    Its Left over from the World bosses As these were the locations they guarded that entered the Emeraled Dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been there since vanilla. Its meant to be a portal that leads to the emerald dream, but was never used.

Blizzard left them there, because.. who knows? Its been debated if there ever visit the emerald dream idea, but odds are they probably won't.

Just consider it something they did as a percussion but never got around to using, much like the disused emerald dream datafiles landscape hidden in the game.

tbh I think they never did, because the idea of wandering around landscape like this for several years would feel like an ongoing drug trip.
    #boycottchina

If you enter the portal it updates your character model

10+ Year Old Account
    what I never understood about the emerald portals were.. how did they make sense? The emerald dream was meant to be an immaterial world existing in the dreaming plane, where ysera ruled over. Only druids like malfurion were able to enter the dream and be conscious of themselves in it, but they, like everyone else, did so though mental and astral means of leaving there physical body.. in other words, dreaming. And like them, everyone else exists in the dream when they sleep...

So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heenk View Post
    If you enter the portal it updates your character model
    Hurrrrrrrrr!
    #boycottchina

There are a few of them, actually. I forgot which zones, but there are more.

They're just there for good looks I suppose. I remember being a noob and going near one back in vanilla..

God..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    There are a few of them, actually. I forgot which zones, but there are more.

They're just there for good looks I suppose. I remember being a noob and going near one back in vanilla..

God..
    Hinterlands, Ashenvale and Feralas iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    It's not fully explained, but probably has to do with those massive trees they are all tied into.
    If Blizzard ever puts a zone within the Emerald Dream they'll likely just tack on an explanation like that.

"Quick heroes! I've attuned you to the portal with the power of the Green Dragonflight! Enter the portal and save Ysera from N'Zoth's rapacious desires!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    If Blizzard ever puts a zone within the Emerald Dream they'll likely just tack on an explanation like that.

"Quick heroes! I've attuned you to the portal with the power of the Green Dragonflight! Enter the portal and save Ysera from N'Zoth's rapacious desires!"
    Wait a second...this sounds dangerously close to a fan fic I read once.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you mean Duskwood, instead of darkshire

And i hope they are going to use the portals, they are pretty awesome =3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Wait a second...this sounds dangerously close to a fan fic I read once.
    Lol. I now where that one want.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    what I never understood about the emerald portals were.. how did they make sense? The emerald dream was meant to be an immaterial world existing in the dreaming plane, where ysera ruled over. Only druids like malfurion were able to enter the dream and be conscious of themselves in it, but they, like everyone else, did so though mental and astral means of leaving there physical body.. in other words, dreaming. And like them, everyone else exists in the dream when they sleep...

So how can portals work, you can't physically enter the dream, its meant to be your dreaming mind that does.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrrrrrrrr!
    Same thing baffled me. I can only assume it'd be another case of gameplay trumping lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

When you go through it, magic happens, and then you are in the Dream as if it were a tangible world. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Bladez View Post
    Wanted to do some world pvp and noticed that there is a portal in the middle of darkshire where a world boss used to be.

I try and enter it but nothing happens? Is this something we'll see in a future expansion where they open this portal or is it just unfinished?

The Green dragon boss never was near Darkshire portal. This one is special.
    Twilight corruptor demon from Anh'Qiraj scepter questline was there though.