Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    if this ever happened the alliance would campaign as much as they could to elect an alliance char as war-chief just to say fuck you to the horde

10+ Year Old Account
    no, no one would be happy and dumb options.

see above comment
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-09-02 at 07:21 PM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    if this ever happened the alliance would campaign as much as they could to elect an alliance char as war-chief just to say fuck you to the horde
    An alliance char would not be an option, further on the choice to pick a Warchief belongs to the horde and it alone, and specificly people who have finished Siege of Orgimmar Normal (means they are somewhat dedicated to the horde).

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd get an absurd, unneeded, unqualified fan service character as Warchief, like Lor'themar.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    That's not necessarily true either. Sylvanas is one of the best developed characters in the entire WoW universe which makes her a serious choice. She has viability but she also has a big rack and likes to show it off. Leaving her off the ballot would cause just as much issue as putting her on it. Which is why the system shouldn't work. I just don't see a vote of the players ever resolving anything in this game.
    She would be totally wasted as Warchief, and is the Horde leader most loyal and tied to her own ends and her own sub-faction. Baine, Vol'Jin, Thrall, and even Lor'themar have all be significantly more involved in either or all of the Horde's creation, Garrosh's rise to power and eventual overthrow, and the redistribution of Horde power than Sylvanas. She simply doesn't make sense as an option, outside of "she's popular because she has a big rack so obviously they'd include her," as if Blizzard doesn't care about the story at all. Blizzard clearly has a direction, and Sylvanas is clearly not part of the "new Warchief" story.

Democracy: great for politics, bad for writing.

I think the idea of an election is possible, but it's probably best to experiment with a less important position first and it's much to late to implement it for Horde Warchief (since that's due to be revealed next week). Maybe they could have the Gnomes and Goblins elect new leaders.

I definitely agree with Daetur that Blizzard would have to limit it to 2-3 reasonable choices. Otherwise it would just be chaos.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    That's not necessarily true either. Sylvanas is one of the best developed characters in the entire WoW universe which makes her a serious choice. She has viability but she also has a big rack and likes to show it off. Leaving her off the ballot would cause just as much issue as putting her on it. Which is why the system shouldn't work. I just don't see a vote of the players ever resolving anything in this game.
    She definitely would not be a choice. Forsaken are too much of a splinter group/wildcard to have the reins of the Horde handed to them. On top of their shifty behaviors Sylvannas would use the Horde machine to further the end of the Forsaken with little regard to the others of the Horde; and seeing as that just happened with Garrosh, I doubt the other Horde leaders (aka Blizz's writing) would let that happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Hey! Just compare where the Horde would be right now if we Basic Campfire supporters had won out over the Garrosh lickspittles!

Deleted
    i would vote for hogger

I vote for Woodcutting...
    Either that or Gamon.

But seriously though, it wouldn't work too well, lack of choices will cause people to scream and yell for more, too many choices will cause people to question how Blizzard will choose if there's not enough of a majority.
    And the story would have to be changed because of the choices just to accommodate something like Alexstrazsa for Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    It could be part of the achievement for finishing the Siege of Orgrimmar, a 1 time chance to vote for the Warchief, and right befor patch 5.5 Blizz will collect the poll result's and the character that actualy got most of the votes from the horde becomes the new Warchief.
    How's the progress on the american death star?

Democracy doesn't work because of idiocity and is easily abused by some guy campaigning for something ridiculous (see death star). Besides there isn't a single country today that actually has a proper democracy , most democratic nations only have the choice between party A and B, maybe C (voting C usually means your vote is wasted anyway, because they won't be able to do jack shit) and in the end you are stuck with a 51 to 49 majority that can do what they want, because any promose made during the election is forgotten after the winners party where they drink their brains out. Couple of years later rince and repeat. Actual democracy only works in very smal communities, like back in ancient grece when every adult male was able to raise his hand to vote for something, with out depending on some intermediate party that may or may not do what you want.

Edit: Hmm sorry, went off the road somehwere with my rant ..
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-09-02 at 08:43 PM.

So... Basic Campfire for Warchief all over again?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is blizzard, no player choice allowed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Guild Wars 2 did it.

Blizzard just needs to have a few legitimate, serious options (only 2-3), and develop the story for each of them in the event they get selected. However, that's a lot of development time for 2 things that will never be used and that only one faction gets to participate in.
    These, for example:

Give us 3 options:

Thrall

Vol'jin

and

Lorthemar Theron

10+ Year Old Account
    GAMON-2013 "I've been eating a lot of porridge so don’t get me mad!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    No. This player base would go immediately for the most absurd choice just for the "lulz."
    This.

Its a retarded idea to allow the playerbase, the people who meme basic campfire and do /2 Anal [insert achievement here] spam on the daily basis to have any control of the games lore.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This.

Its a retarded idea to allow the playerbase, the people who meme basic campfire and do /2 Anal [insert achievement here] spam on the daily basis to have any control of the games lore.
    Why don't just give us the most reasonable options?

Personally think they have already chosen the new Warchief a while ago, we just have to wait and see.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.