Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Question for those that have 'Insane'

    I've started a new character with the hope to get this title out the way the most efficient way possible, could you please confirm that I have it correct.

    Level character to 50/55 without touching a goblin quest, arrive at the pirate cove in Arathi Highland and slaughter Shake's O'Brian and his friends around the campfire until 'Friendly/Honored' with Bloodsail.

    Pop down to Bootybay and get a guild member to kill the 2 NPC's for the Avast ye Admiral quest.

    Then I will turn in 100's of stacks of cloth with each Goblin NPC's until Neutral with Goblin's.
    Then I'm back to where I was only this time free to quest out Vanilla to get revered with the Goblin's then finish grinding them in Tanaris and Ratchet.

    Sounds about right logically, this way I'm not 'wasting' time as I'd want to keep the goblin's to exalted while working on 'the beloved'.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator Kerdoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,868
    Sounds about right, what I am wondering though is do you really get all the way to reverd by doing all the quests at goblin areas? ;o

  3. #3
    Yeah you do, well I got revered from doing all the quests on Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms on an alt

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,885
    This is the way i did it. Note that it took me about two years to get honored Bloodsail, and then farm my way back to Steamwheedle exalted. Something might've changed in the way.

    -Farmed Booty Bay guards. I've heard they got a huge boost, so Arathi might be the best choice.
    -To farm from neutral to exalted, i kept killing the pirates just south of Gurubashi Arena. They respawn faster than you can kill them, often respawning in the exact same place where you killed them a second before.

  5. #5
    It took me about 7 days to get me the achive. First i got a group and we went to booty bay and we farmed the guards there for about 3-4 hours and everyone got honored. Then i found a group to kill mobs in tanaris got to exalted with steamwheedle and it took about 7 or 8 hours and i bought heavy junkboxes from a guy, took him a couple of days to farm them for me.

  6. #6
    Honest the best way to do this now that the Booty Bay npc's have had a massive buff (takes around 5 people to kill the same amount as you used to do solo) your best bet is to start the booty bay questline until pirates attack Booty Bay. This then phases the whole area so the guards are now only lvl 35 ish. Although you wont be able to kill any npc apart from the guards it will be a Lot easier to solo.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    I've started a new character with the hope to get this title out the way the most efficient way possible, could you please confirm that I have it correct.

    Level character to 50/55 without touching a goblin quest, arrive at the pirate cove in Arathi Highland and slaughter Shake's O'Brian and his friends around the campfire until 'Friendly/Honored' with Bloodsail.

    Pop down to Bootybay and get a guild member to kill the 2 NPC's for the Avast ye Admiral quest.

    Then I will turn in 100's of stacks of cloth with each Goblin NPC's until Neutral with Goblin's.
    Then I'm back to where I was only this time free to quest out Vanilla to get revered with the Goblin's then finish grinding them in Tanaris and Ratchet.

    Sounds about right logically, this way I'm not 'wasting' time as I'd want to keep the goblin's to exalted while working on 'the beloved'.

    Thanks
    BB and BSP never did take that long to begin with.
    If you have a rogue that is max level or that has legendary daggers.
    That could save you a lot of "Time"
    Just having a Rogue for Insane will reduce your time because of the rep perk with Ravenholdt.

    Not sure if you know but you MUST have all the required reps on 1 Character.
    It is not a account-wide achievement

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    296
    It is a feat of strength and it is account wide. I farmed mine the hard way before it was nerfed . You can use the title on any toon. I wish they would of added in something other than a a feat for exalting the shen'dralar. That was a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Sanguinezor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Grim Batol
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    It is a feat of strength and it is account wide. I farmed mine the hard way before it was nerfed . You can use the title on any toon. I wish they would of added in something other than a a feat for exalting the shen'dralar. That was a pain in the ass.
    That is not what i meant by account-wide

    There is no account-wide progress.

  10. #10
    how hard is BSB to get if a character is roughly lvl 60? is there any trick or do i need to get boosted from friends on 90 guards?

  11. #11
    Field Marshal Luminalol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    56
    So you guys mean that i cannot get the achievement if im Exalted with everything on my main except of Bloodsail.
    If i ding Honored with Bloodsail on my alt, i wont get "credit" or msg a GM that i've recived honored with Bloodsail on my alt, and exalted on my main?

  12. #12
    Blademaster teh_chin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    So you guys mean that i cannot get the achievement if im Exalted with everything on my main except of Bloodsail.
    If i ding Honored with Bloodsail on my alt, i wont get "credit" or msg a GM that i've recived honored with Bloodsail on my alt, and exalted on my main?
    The reputations are not account-wide, hence why it must be done all on one character.

    "You're either pro or a noob, that's life" - Merciless Gladiator Athene

  13. #13
    Always wondered,

    My mouse has a setting for buttons so it will recur any key press I make every X seconds, kind of like a toggle. I use it for Burst of Speed so i dont have to bother checking when I'm almost out of energy.

    ...in Theory I could just set it to my FOK instead though and go AFK in the instanced BootyBay, and then I'd rack up rep without doing anything.
    I don't know how much Blizzard would or wouldn't frown on this though, as all high end mice have similar "toggle" settings for keys that people use.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-09-09 at 05:34 PM.

  14. #14
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    If there is anything I can say, doing this at max level is still leagues and bounds faster, thanks to flying and all and being able to kill/farm stuff much faster.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  15. #15
    I'd just get a 90 and kill Booty Bay guards for Bloodsail rep, and once you get as much as you want (Insane only requires Honored but you can go as far as Exalted now if you want to) swap to killing South Seas pirates in Tanaris until all your goblin rep is repaired (be prepared to spend weeks on it... I recommend breaking it up, doing it while in queues etc rather than grinding your face off hour after hour). That's how you get both Bloodsail and goblin rep simultaneously. But I hear you can get the achievement non-simultaneously, which is quicker but you lose all that Bloodsail rep. Your call on that. I personally wanted all my rep bars at Exalted.

    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    It is a feat of strength and it is account wide. I farmed mine the hard way before it was nerfed . You can use the title on any toon. I wish they would of added in something other than a a feat for exalting the shen'dralar. That was a pain in the ass.
    Shen'dralar was expensive, not hard (same goes for the old DMF rep grind, although in that case I actually offset most of the cost by turning in current expansion decks and re-selling the cards - even made money some months). The librams weren't even the most expensive thing... fucking pristine diamonds...

    IMO the goblin/bloodsail part was always the hardest part. In fact it got a shitload harder in Cata when they buffed the guards! I had to do it twice because I wanted Exalted with the bloodsail which wasn't possible the first time I did it (pre-Cata).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by teh_chin View Post
    The reputations are not account-wide, hence why it must be done all on one character.
    But achievement progress is account wide. I think.


    However, I've wondered how this works now that achievements are account wide. I'm already exalted with everything and already have the Insane, so I can't try this, but is there someone who can try something to test a theory?

    /script SendChatMessage(GetAchievementLink(2336),"SAY")

    Post that in your chat and it will produce a link in your chat window that you can click on to see The Insane achievement progress. What I'm curious is, let's say you're exalted on one toon with a faction. If you post this link on that toon, it should show that you have already met that requirement for the achievement.

    Now go on an alt that you are not exalted with the said previous faction. Post the script in the chat box. Does it still say you've met the rep requirement, for that achievement on the alt?
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-09-10 at 05:34 AM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Always wondered,

    My mouse has a setting for buttons so it will recur any key press I make every X seconds, kind of like a toggle. I use it for Burst of Speed so i dont have to bother checking when I'm almost out of energy.

    ...in Theory I could just set it to my FOK instead though and go AFK in the instanced BootyBay, and then I'd rack up rep without doing anything.
    I don't know how much Blizzard would or wouldn't frown on this though, as all high end mice have similar "toggle" settings for keys that people use.
    IDK if they've buffed the guards again since Cata, if not they're all level 85 and hard-hitting for their level. Doubt FoK would work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    But achievement progress is account wide. I think.
    Easy way to find out - if your main has exalted with Goblins etc already then get an alt to Honored (won't take long). If the achi doesn't pop then no, you need them on one character.

    I suspect that you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

    Easy way to find out - if your main has exalted with Goblins etc already then get an alt to Honored (won't take long). If the achi doesn't pop then no, you need them on one character.

    I suspect that you do.

    I think my way was an easier way to find out.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    ...in Theory I could just set it to my FOK instead though and go AFK in the instanced BootyBay, and then I'd rack up rep without doing anything.
    I don't know how much Blizzard would or wouldn't frown on this though, as all high end mice have similar "toggle" settings for keys that people use.
    Doesn't matter if all high end mice have this as an option, they'd consider that botting. Any method of controlling an in-game character by an automated means that does not require direct interaction from a player is a no-no. Whether or not they'd catch you doing it is another thing.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I think my way was an easier way to find out.
    I don't think it proves it though. The code that awards the achievement and the achievement progress tracker code may be different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •