Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    The progression of what happened is as follows: Black people move into Detroit in search of manufacturing jobs during Detroit's golden age. White's that built the city and the infrastructure leave Detroit's inner city, dropping property values and opening the way for even more low-income groups to fill the city. Entitlement minded low income voters vote for liberal politicians that offer them free this and free that, draining the city's coffers. Crime skyrockets, driving out more affluent people from city. City keeps electing politicians that offer and give free everything to voters to keep them in office. Paying customers for goods and services leave the city in droves. Businesses can no longer keep their doors open in light of fewer people that come into their stores to buy instead of rob and steal. City coffers dry up but city leaders refuse to address the underlying issues of too much spending on the wrong things and too little spending on keeping the city self-sustaining. AKA police and cutting entitlement spending. City goes into the shitter. Entitlement mentality residents demand bailout from rest of the country. Rest of the country says 'fnck you, crash and burn, you got this coming to you." Get over it, this is the world you made, get used to living in the pile of sh1t you made for yourselves.
    Basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    So Robocop didn't fixed Detroit?
    There was a man, who tried to show us how to walk the right path. He was righteous and uncompromising in his unshakable belief in what is right. He tried to cast out the evil ones, and bring justice to the people. He was tortured and killed for his belief and convictions. He came back 3 days later.

15+ Year Old Account
    But... world policing bring uneducated redneck votes?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I went to Detroit once, abandoning it to nature is the best thing that can happen, it is like mad max world out there.
    I kind of like it in that, that desolation birthed the need to create minimal techno and so forth, funny how adversity can be the catalyst for artistic endevor.
    That aside, let us know when someone uses chemical weapons of you OP, and the world may come help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    There was a man, who tried to show us how to walk the right path. He was righteous and uncompromising in his unshakable belief in what is right. He tried to cast out the evil ones, and bring justice to the people. He was tortured and killed for his belief and convictions. He came back 3 days later.

I almost wet myself, thank you, so very much
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I live north of Detroit and I have to agree with many people here, Detroit should be left to the crows. When you elect officials that dont actually care about the cities well being and only care about their own pockets, you get what you deserve, and that is a run down city with failing public services. The only thing I see negative about Detroit failing, is all the people moving further north and ruining those neighborhoods as well.

Detroit is just the natural progression of the democratic party's agenda.

Detroit fell to shambles because democrats took power in the 1960s and for decades have been chasing people out of the city through regulations and taxes. Even the suburbs outside of Detroit are starting to feel it as people are leaving those in droves as well for places like Arizona and the northwest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Detroit is just the natural progression of the democratic party's agenda.

Detroit fell to shambles because democrats took power in the 1960s and for decades have been chasing people out of the city through regulations and taxes. Even the suburbs outside of Detroit are starting to feel it as people are leaving those in droves as well for places like Arizona and the northwest.
    Rule 1 of American politics; Don't blame it on the fact that the people who were running the city are completely corrupted assholes, blame the opposing parties agenda.

Here's the thing. The United States isn't playing world police. The United States is world police. Our military spending is 2/3rds greater than the next 10 largest militaries combined. Furthermore we have one command structure instead of 100 like the UN. There is nobody else that can do what we can do period. That is not debatable.

I don't like how we got here but its the reality we live in. Nobody is fooling the American people, we know whats what.

So this is what we are, police. So if we're going to be that then let's just accept its who we've become. There's honor and dignity in being police, nobody would tell a policeman he's not providing a needed service. I just wish the rest of the world would chip in a bit more. We need to start that United Police fund, yanno for the families, and pass the hat around to the nations of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Here's the thing. The United States isn't playing world police. The United States is world police. Our military spending is 2/3rds greater than the next 10 largest militaries combined. Furthermore we have one command structure instead of 100 like the UN. There is nobody else that can do what we can do period. That is not debatable.

I don't like how we got here but its the reality we live in. Nobody is fooling the American people, we know whats what.

So this is what we are, police. So if we're going to be that then let's just accept its who we've become. There's honor and dignity in being police, nobody would tell a policeman he's not providing a needed service. I just wish the rest of the world would chip in a bit more. We need to start that United Police fund, yanno for the families, and pass the hat around to the nations of the world.
    There's honor and dignity in following the constitution and the path set out for us by our founders. That same path that made us the prosperous nation we once were. We have no business being world police when we can't even help our own.

Quote Originally Posted by horselessheadsman View Post
    This really isn't about how screwed up Detroit is... more so how war and protecting Israel takes precedence over our own damn city. I never thought I'd say this, but the US needs to take notes from the UK and BACK OFF here.
    Why are you draging Israel into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Rule 1 of American politics; Don't blame it on the fact that the people who were running the city are completely corrupted assholes, blame the opposing parties agenda.
    Rule #1 of any politics seems to be: don't call things by what they are.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Why are you draging Israel into it?
    What other reason is there to give a damn about Syria?

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    I haven't seen anyone blame Detroit on republicans agenda....

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    It's a trendy things. Just like #yolo and #swag.
    or #parasite.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact chemical weapons were used there.

That aside, Detroit has to deal with its own issues, thanks to your wretched love of federalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The fact chemical weapons were used there.
    Who cares?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    Rule #1 of any politics seems to be: don't call things by what they are.
    Then why haven't all of the democrat states crashed and burned? Oh wait... That's because the people in charge aren't completely corrupt unlike the ones in Detroit. Political party is irrelevant when the leader is corrupt.

Israel is well capable of taking care of itself it has proven it a few times in the past month's, and Assad was to afraid to react,

The US is doing this for the US, no one is asking Obama to do this, especially not Israel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I haven't seen anyone blame Detroit on republicans agenda....
    And I have yet to see a person capable of rational thinking blame any political parties agenda instead of the fact that the leader was corrupt.

Because they are one of 7 countries with declared stores of chemical/biological agents. And whether or not they used them, they are responsible for their stores (assuming the opposition got hold of some purified Sarin from somewhere).

By your logic we should have bombed Syria a long time ago......they have been actively supporting foreign fighters attacking Israel.