Thread: How likely...

How likely...

Is it that a PvE-er playing a DK will be able to earn 2000 rating and get 27k Conquest points to get the new cosmetic PVP gear?

I've never done arena or rated BGs before, but is 2000 rating that difficult to get? What is the conquest intake from those? How many points per Arena match or per Rated BG do you get?

Deleted
    400 points/BG
    180 points/arena
    2000 is pretty doable if you understand your class and got basic knowledge of what the other classes can do

Would it be bad form to PvP as blood?

Also, is there a tool like LFD/LFR to queue for Arena or do I actually have to make a team?

I thought it was 2.2k for colored gear. Must have changed in MoP.

2k is do-able. If I had to rank difficulty: 3s > 5s > RBGs in terms of harder to easier to get to 2k.

For RBGs you really just need to play a Flavor of the Month composition, and have a good team/good strategy, as well as what Dorlok says about knowing how to play your class in the environment and knowing some skills of other classes (at the least, how they react to DKs). Bonus points if you have Heroic PVE gear. (I think, I don't know how PVP Power or whatever works.)

Used to be that RBGers liked to have DK target callers so I hope you have a good microphone and are vocal.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Used to be that RBGers liked to have DK target callers so I hope you have a good microphone and are vocal.
    DK Target Calling 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Is it that a PvE-er playing a DK will be able to earn 2000 rating and get 27k Conquest points to get the new cosmetic PVP gear?

I've never done arena or rated BGs before, but is 2000 rating that difficult to get? What is the conquest intake from those? How many points per Arena match or per Rated BG do you get?
    You dont need any rating to get elite gear.Only 25k conguest points. Your weekly cap is about 25k if you havent done arena this season. Best way to get that gear is make 2v2 whit good dps and start losing.Join your team to arena and when that "join arena" window pop dont join just chancel.Do it about 20 times so your mmr pop under 1000. Then start win games.If games feels too hard just lose more. You need only 138 wins to get that gear

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

Depends totally on your mates. You need a good healer who knows how his positioning in arenas and still provide you with dispels or freedom if its a hpala. And you need a hunter.

You should not waste your time in 2s if you look for a rating. Its hard to find players with higher ratings cause the cap is so low and its not fun to play at all if you want a high rating as a dk, cause you have to take a healer in any case and do all the damage and most of the cc.

Stuff like this is not difficult at all if you got people for it. Motivating raiders to do arenas is quite hard though. They usually only want to take the point cap and aren't consistent enough to practice for a serious rating, cause they think pvp is a mini game like pet battles and have no interest to invest time there.

And, the pvp players do not want unexpierenced pve noobs in their game so this might be tough for you. The 27k conquest points is the easy part and only needs some dedication, like never missing a week to cap for it.

- - - Updated - - -

btw to find the right teammates, use the duels in front of og/sw to see their expierence, do not waste time with trade and guild chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by t3180 View Post
    You dont need any rating to get elite gear.Only 25k conguest points. Your weekly cap is about 25k if you havent done arena this season. Best way to get that gear is make 2v2 whit good dps and start losing.Join your team to arena and when that "join arena" window pop dont join just chancel.Do it about 20 times so your mmr pop under 1000. Then start win games.If games feels too hard just lose more. You need only 138 wins to get that gear
    i bet he was talking about NEXT season.