Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i went for alchemy/enchanting and found myself swimming in gold when i was selling the disenchanted stuff

Button bloat for engineering? Nonsense!

Time for Drknife's Macro Theater!

#showtooltip tigerseye brew
    /cast tigerseye brew
    /use 10
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /use Virmen's Bite

use 10 is gloves for synapse springs
    use 13/14 are trinkets (if we ever get an on use for pve, NWO RPPM!)

Engineering/jewelcrafting is super good (I'm mining/engineering because fuck you that's why)

For brewmaster I macro springs into elusive brew cause you use that alot.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

I use Alch/engineering and love it. on a panda and using my food it rocks.

Mistweaver Monks BiS professions are
    Engineering - for Synapse springs which greatly increases your throughput During TFT windows and very rarely if saving the raid is the concern it can be popped with Revival.
    and BS- Because of it's flexibility and with Crit becoming so valuable in this upcoming patch a MW can throw Crit gems in those extra gem slots when desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    For brewmaster I macro springs into elusive brew cause you use that alot.
    Bind it to Keg Smash, it will be up at the pull and always on CD, uptime of about 17% on all fights without even thinking about it. But the guy is right, too many buttons should not be the argument against Engineering.

Im Engi/BS and I would maybe only trade Engi for Alche, nothing else. You should definately go BS, the rest is up to you. I prefer life-savers and helper gadgets and a not so bad DPS boost, AH in pandaland,..... over some stats.

Cheers
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

10+ Year Old Account
    It was so much easier for me to kite bats on heroic tortos being able to use goblin glider and/or speedboots when things got sticky. Engineering all the way for me.

For tanking BS and Alch are the best professions. 2 extra sockets for those crit gems, and the extra stats coming from an Armor elixir and Crit elixir.

Your farm works great to keep your alchemy pumping out those elixirs, especially if you go Elixir Master.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    For tanking BS and Alch are the best professions. 2 extra sockets for those crit gems, and the extra stats coming from an Armor elixir and Crit elixir.

Your farm works great to keep your alchemy pumping out those elixirs, especially if you go Elixir Master.
    Agree, BS and Alch are so customizable also. You can have extra crit gems or a crit elixer for farm and DPS. Or have mastery/mastery gems ect... Can do more than just agi procs and you can swap easily in raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription is good. Get access to staves for all specs, OH for heals and cards for a trinket.

Lw saves money on those awful patch for the leg slot. Macros for the springs was never an issues its more the rest like bombs glider rocket boosts etc. Alchemy is tempting but i dont have a raiding guild anymore and hardly ever uses potions or flasks. Im not that hardcore. I pvp alot but i believe alot of the engi stuff doesnt work in rated stuff

Bs is a given since my other bs is my dk which i hardly play anymore, and gems are flexible, downside is extra gem costs

First of all, button bloat from extra options that aren't available for the other professions shouldn't really be an issue. There isn't exactly a bomb worth using even in dungeons this far into the expansion. The glider and boots are a lifesaver in certain situations, as well. Still, preferences are personal and no point in doing one you don't want.

Also, I wouldn't abandon Alchemy just because you don't raid. You can get the materials from your farm and the new tools and 2x2 seed planting items make it even quicker to visit and fly off again. Point is, you can easily supply yourself with the mats to make a stack of flasks and only use them when you feel like pulling bigger numbers in LFR or potions if you want to time a burst in Arenas.

If you just want simple passives, then yeah: blacksmithing and leatherworking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    First of all, button bloat from extra options that aren't available for the other professions shouldn't really be an issue. There isn't exactly a bomb worth using even in dungeons this far into the expansion. The glider and boots are a lifesaver in certain situations, as well. Still, preferences are personal and no point in doing one you don't want.

Also, I wouldn't abandon Alchemy just because you don't raid. You can get the materials from your farm and the new tools and 2x2 seed planting items make it even quicker to visit and fly off again. Point is, you can easily supply yourself with the mats to make a stack of flasks and only use them when you feel like pulling bigger numbers in LFR or potions if you want to time a burst in Arenas.

If you just want simple passives, then yeah: blacksmithing and leatherworking.
    potions don't work in arenas. im still thinking about all this, but I got at least one covered which is better than when I first started this thread haha alchemy, engi or lw for the last one. gonna finish bs and take time to think about it

Deleted
    I've been considering dropping JC from my Monk and go for Engineering also, as I miss my glider and Nitroboots back from my warrior times, and I really do not want to drop LW because it is so handy when swapping between WW and BrM.

Jewelcrafting, Alchemy, Inscription, Mining, Herbalism, Skinning... these are all perfect professions for alts (imo).

My Monk runs with Leatherworking and Engineering.

My Monk uses Alch/BS. I make a nice profit with Living Steel/LS Belt Buckles, and the extra sockets with the Alch flask are nice.

Deleted
    Dropped JC today and went for Engineering. No regrets <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Skinning isn't bad as a secondary gathering profession. You get 480 crit as opposed to 620 crit from BS (so only a 25% loss). Only other drawback is not being able to pick up mastery or haste instead. So for BrM it's probably the "best" gathering profession (I don't like Lifeblood from Herbalism).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.