Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Op is girlfriend. Sorry for confusion.

And, in regards to Vizzle's questions, he says he "does his best," but due to self-confidence issues, he struggles in the aspect of getting a job and attending school regularly even though he claims to be in pursuit of an Associate's degree.

--- also, when I say he browses the site on his phone, that's when he's not at home (using the 'good internet') ---

Which, seems like a contradiction to my original statement, and maybe it is. I'm probably just whining and over-reacting and being immature as previously stated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yocuri View Post
    Op is girlfriend. Sorry for confusion.

And, in regards to Vizzle's questions, he says he "does his best," but due to self-confidence issues, he struggles in the aspect of getting a job and attending school regularly even though he claims to be in pursuit of an Associate's degree.

--- also, when I say he browses the site on his phone, that's when he's not at home (using the 'good internet') ---

Which, seems like a contradiction to my original statement, and maybe it is. I'm probably just whining and over-reacting and being immature as previously stated.
    Yeah. So just leave him. He's obviously a lazy shit who can't be bothered to help himself and is content on living at the expense of others. Sounds like a keeper

Thank you MrKnubbles and Tojara for your insight. I do appreciate it.

To put a little more light on the subject of the relationship itself, it is now a three and a half year relationship that's had much time invested into it.

Thank you MrKnubbles and Tojara for your insight. I do appreciate it.

To put a little more light on the subject of the relationship itself, it is now a three and a half year relationship that's had much time invested into it.
    Tip: I stopped talking to a girl last month because I was tired of being with someone who slept until 10:30am (bedtime of like midnight) everyday and spent her whole day (while she wasn't at work) playing cellphone games and being unable to talk about anything other than sex.

It's not mean to break up with someone who doesn't have ambition.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Yeah, I can understand that.

I guess I saw the potential all these years and didn't realize he lacked the ambition to pull himself through said potential.

Besides just games, my boyfriend is constantly glued to this site (after years of over-extending his cell phone data limits and making his parents pay a fee, his mother if finally getting him the 3 Gigabyte data plan -- just to strain how much he is on this site and others);
    3GB data limits should be a crime!

Good lord, get a landline DSL connection or whatever your local equivalent is.

patch-updates I understand because he's been playing the game for years and wants to keep up with the latest upbringings of the game, but when he's spending his time browsing through the Off-Topic stuff, that bothers me. (Is what you guys talk about really that important?)
    Haha! Burn!

My question is - For a young adult who needs to press forward with life, how much time is too much to spend doing society's idea of "nothing"?
    Well you're his GF, I'd say "too much" is the point where you get fed up and find a better guy.

P.S. I really hope you're not actually MY girlfriend... if so forget what I just said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

---Breaking Bad Spoiler--- I feel like you guys are all Saul and I'm Mr. White and my boyfriend is Jessie and you just want me to send him to Belize and break up with him, but I'm stubborn because of the attachment that has developed over all this time and don't want to even if it seems like an obvious, easiest solution.

---Breaking Bad Spoiler--- I feel like you guys are all Saul and I'm Mr. White and my boyfriend is Jessie and you just want me to send him to Belize and break up with him, but I'm stubborn because of the attachment that has developed over all this time and don't want to even if it seems like an obvious, easiest solution.
    Go post a picture in the picture thread and you'll have two dozen replacements PMing you within an hour...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take his phone... No that won't do ummmm... Ah got it! Tell him to go to school or you're done! Ask for proof that he's actually attempting to do something with his life.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Go post a picture in the picture thread and you'll have two dozen replacements PMing you within an hour...
    Suddenly I'm on a free e-Harmony

10+ Year Old Account
    Vizzle knows how it drizzles.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I never uderstand why people say that reading forums or playing games is wasting time. If a person is enjoying it, let him do it.

My ex was like this girl's bf. Not a care in the world. It does get irritating.*Shrug*
    I wish I didn't have a care in the world. Then I'd finally start actually doing something for once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to him through this site he might take more notice of you then.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

No Job? Probably time to think about moving on, if your unhappy now attempting to change him will almost certainly be unsuccessful. And if you do try to force him to change he will likely end up resenting you.

Dump his ass and move on. You sound like you deserve better. It could be worth sticking around and helping to drag him out of the cozy abyss he's ensconced himself in, especially if you feel you've already invested so much time into this, but he sounds like he's going to need a lot more than a pick-me-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are they mutually exclusive? You need to be more progressive than this
    You owe me a fucking coffee.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-09-03 at 06:42 AM.

spent her whole day (while she wasn't at work) playing cellphone games and being unable to talk about anything other than sex.
    I have a hard time to see whats wrong with that. Srsly would rather (at my age, 29) date a girl like you described, then one that wants to talk about our future, kids, family, emotion and smilar useless bs that i dont think i should worry about atm.

To the poster, if you dont like what you are getting from you bf, just leave him, wasting your time on something you dont like and might not like in future is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give him a blow job once a week that should teach him to behave.

Regarding "Is what you guys talk about really that important?" Yes, it is fucking important we discuss and decide the future of our planet in a civilized and mature environment in this very site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

Some people are meant to be alone. Leave him, you can't tell people to do what they don't want to do. If he wants to spend all day on his PC then let him be. He will learn that he needs a job to survive.

Talk with him, not us.

I cannot fully relate with someone like that, but from my own pov the only reason i spend any time here or in online sites is when im either really bored or going through a mild depression and have nothing to do/engage me outside of it, its a time spender/wasted not really something i would choose over a good movie, a roadtrip, a nights out exploring or generally having fun outside (doesnt have to include booze, sad i have to clarify that but nowadays "night out" generally means bars)

Maybe his problem isnt that he is addicted to sites, but that is RL just kinda sucks/is boring or he is going through something emotionally and is shut in about it, if you want to improve that talk with him, engage him outside of sites, get his friends to be friends and get him out of the house :P

About people talking about you breaking up, it means that if this problem doesnt go away, which will be hard if that is his personality, you wont be happy yourself, and the way i see it when a relationship is causing you more grief than joy and requires you to sacrifice your own dreams, its time to gtfo.
    "fighting" for people generally doesnt work outside of movies, people are as they are and if you dont like it, you are the one that moves.