Prot pally weapon enchant?

Hey guys I'm new to pally tank. I was wondering which weapon enchant do we normally use? I read several guides and they said differently. For River's Song, dodge proc doesn't really look attractive; and Colossus' absorption doesn't seems to do much either. Guide on this forum says Windsong which is what I'm currently using, secondary stats haste/mastery seems pretty attractive. But some other guide chooses Dancing Steel over Windsong, which I don't quite understand. It's not like for monk that double dancing steel will give you considerably high amount of crits as well as dodge ofc. For plates tank it gives parry (which kinda like River's Song, doesn't look that attractive to me) as well as AP (ignorable compare to vengeance). So idk about this. How do you guys think?

Thank you!

Colossos is definitely out for anything that hits harder than a wet noodle and River's song will only be good for warriors in 5.4.
    The problem with Windsong is that it's fairly inconsistant in what and how often it procs.
    While strength may not be the best tank stat Dancing Steel can still keep up with the randomness that is Windsong but idk if the difference is really worth that many Sha Crystals

Dancing Steel is what I use. My Pala is an enchanter so whatever random loot I get is disenchanted and I get a Sha Crystal so price for me is not an issue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...hp?f=6&t=33427

Both windsong and Dancing Steel have their perks.. I prefer Windsong since I scumbag vengeance in my 10MH group..

Set it and forget it.. Dancing Steel
    Play around/rng - Windsong

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...l/Deviltheory/
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
    http://www.twitch.tv/seanmphoward / http://www.youtube.com/user/ASoulByondRepair/videos

10+ Year Old Account
    What has been said above.

I prefer dancing steel because it's constant ans doesnt affect your rotation. Windsong can mess you up if haste proccs and you are sitting at a weird haste point. I dont like anything that has the potential to shift my rotation. The procced mastery is useless for dps and mostly not needed for survival either.
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

10+ Year Old Account
    for DPS Dancing steel is better until ~150k-170k Vengeance.

after that Windsong takes the lead in DPS.

with the new EF build Windsong will become stronger for our defense which will make me switch, at least for progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroom View Post
    for DPS Dancing steel is better until ~150k-170k Vengeance.

after that Windsong takes the lead in DPS.

with the new EF build Windsong will become stronger for our defense which will make me switch, at least for progression.
    I don't think that statement is true once you can reach the gcd haste cap? Should at the very least push the vengeance value further up the ladder. (dps statement)
    Last edited by Riemu2k3; 2013-09-03 at 12:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you still benefit from Haste, even beyond the 50% cap. jsut not as mcuh as before, which makes other stats become mor favorable for smoothing incoming damage.

as for the DPS / enchant:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...ea41b5#p762985

note. it is not the "haste procc" that gives the big DPS push here. It is crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Windsong if you're cheap or not got a great weapon. Dancing Steel once you have a weapon you'll keep for a while or don't mind splashing some cash on.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    you still benefit from Haste, even beyond the 50% cap. jsut not as mcuh as before, which makes other stats become mor favorable for smoothing incoming damage.

But over 50% it will have ~0 effect on DPS. It will give you only a few extra auto-attacks.
    Unless you get enough haste to lower the CD of your abilities by 1 extra GCD. But that isn't plausible at all.

Because of this you would need ~420k Veng to beat DS. (Not counting the extra DPS from + auto-attacks.)
    (895/320)*150k = 419.53

PS: Except the above value is off, but you get the basic idea. I dunno how much base AP the model Theck used had, such it is off.

10+ Year Old Account

No, the big DPS push comes from Haste. Based on this topic - Haste = 2.517 and Crit =1.645. That Haste value declines after you reach 50%. Yes, you still benefit from it, but I do believe the biggest part of those 2.517 is the GCD cap. Not sure what value haste has after the GCD cap. But it will be less. So:

So Dancing Steel grants about 895 DPS, while Windsong grants around 811 DPS. That's at 150k Vengeance (491 DPS of that is Haste).

So, Vengeance levels should rise (or theck has that already included in his calculation but I didn't see it)

EDIT:

What Wanko said :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    But over 50% it will have ~0 effect on DPS. It will give you only a few extra auto-attacks.
    Wat?
    /10char

Dancing Steel if you can afford it (or craft it yourself), for us poor schlubs Windsong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the money? DS
    On a budget? Windsong

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Wat?
    /10char
    50% haste -> 1s GCD reached.
    Getting more haste won't change your rotation. Unless you manage to get some of your abilities CD at least 1 extra GCD shorter. (And even then, it depends on the ability, getting 1s shorter on AS won't help you much, and even that needs 66.7% haste.)
    So you get... more auto-attacks! Yay!
    Problem?

This is obviously for DPS, SS/EF/SoI still scales with it further for more HPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    50% haste -> 1s GCD reached.
    Getting more haste won't change your rotation. Unless you manage to get some of your abilities CD at least 1 extra GCD shorter. (And even then, it depends on the ability, getting 1s shorter on AS won't help you much, and even that needs 66.7% haste.)
    So you get... more auto-attacks! Yay!
    Problem?

This is obviously for DPS, SS/EF/SoI still scales with it further for more HPS.
    More haste still changes the rotation - what are you even talking about?

Deleted
    How would it? Demonstrate please.

he/she is referring to the haste cap where haste no longer reduces the gcd with sanctity of battle, which apparently he/she has reached.