Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Connected Realm not on 5.4 but when ? False Promise?

I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub.

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?

EDIT = 3 January 2014 , Yes it was false promise.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2014-01-03 at 12:11 PM.

Deleted
    I think it's gonna roll out as quickly as CRZ did and that you should maybe calm down a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    I think it's gonna roll out as quickly as CRZ did and that you should maybe calm down a little.
    I wish.

But i've lost faith.

It smells fishy. 1 week from 5.4 and we still know nothing.

Like Jon Snow

What don't we know? Aside from which realms are being linked together, we pretty much know how it's going to work, and they can probably decide which realms are going to be together in a day if they just have like five people sit down and look at the numbers.

I really don't know what you're worried about, don't see it being a problem.

and so what? just relax. if your dead realm really bother you THat much. then there where plenty of ways to play on a other reealm.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've already explained what will happen, so we actually do know most of it, Only thing we don't know yet is the realms that are connected, No big deal.

You can only wait, its all up to Blizzard's hand when and how they will fix dead realms, if anything at all

funny thing is that the 5.4 PTR patch notes contain "New Feature: Connected Realms", which is kinda misleading....

Deleted
    If was charging the stupid sums blizzard does for a server transfer i'd also say it was coming at some far off date. I bet it'll be pretty quick after 5.4 though!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does contain connected realms. The tech is being implemented, they are just rolling it out slowly as they see fit.

They likely won't throw all possible realms into the mix instantaneously because they don't want to risk server problems at a time when server instability is typically at it's highest, you know, a patch release.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Wot du you tink?
    its already on the ptr.... its been on there for a long time
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Wot du you tink?
    I think the guy that types with his feet doesn't have a goddamn clue about what he's talking about.

There are connected realms on the PTR, Broxigar and some other one got connected recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread should just be closed, or have it's stupid, Highly misleading title changed, Connected realms are coming in 5.4, End of.

I wish.

But i've lost faith.

It smells fishy. 1 week from 5.4 and we still know nothing.

Like Jon Snow
    1 week from 5.4 and we literally know everything except which realms are connected. maybe keep up with the news
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Well there hasn't been a massively explainatory post about wtf they actually are. I base this on reading about for one, as well as not a single person I ask being able to give me an answer as to what they are and how they will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Well there hasn't been a massively explainatory post about wtf they actually are. I base this on reading about for one, as well as not a single person I ask being able to give me an answer as to what they are and how they will work.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10551009

Never change internet.

They are basically merging servers in all but name. They are worried about such a large player-base of vets, they don't want people to have to name change or log on to a different server, otherwise they are essentially merged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    They HAVE told us, They have told us it will appear like cross realm, everyone's realms will stay the same, But instead of seperate AH/Guilds etc you will share one, for example 3low pop realms will have their AH's merged, to give them better economys, and you will be able to join the guilds that your server is connected with too.

If you tried realding any information on this, you would know this, The only thing we don't know 100% is what realms will be connected

Not only that, if you actually wanted to know, you could've just downloaded and played the PTR yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this funny. Like the others said, what do you want to know, or see? Screenshots? I dont get it...like how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected Realms is already on the PTR.
    There have been serveral threads made by blizzard about it.

They have said it WON'T launch immediatly by the launch of 5.4, i assume to see which servers are going to be busy when the patch launches and which won't.
    It will launch after 5.4 release, so a week or 2.

Don't make threads you don't know nothing about OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

This is a touchy topic for people on dead realms or dead factions, some servers are so imbalanced Horde to Ally, this would be a welcomed change.