Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Wot du you tink?
    I think you simply can't be bothered to look up information that's easily available and have created a thread which if anything highlights your own ignorance and your willingness to try and start a conversation about a subject you know nothing about.

If you can't be bothered to look up information on what you're talking about, what makes you think "what you think" has any weight at all?

It won't be much after 5.4 in my opinion. A week maybe two until the first batch rolls out. After that they roll out much quicker after they figure out the technical parts of doing it on live realms. It just makes sense to roll the patch out first.

Troubleshoot and bug fix what is necessary with the patch first and get everything running stable. Lately that has only taken a few days to a week. In the past it sometimes took a couple weeks. So that is a pretty big floating point on when that happens but I gamble on the sooner these days. So you just gotta wait and see on this one a bit.

After that you can start connecting realms. Likely start with the smallest of the smalls and determine and fix bugs and stability issues that are inevitable with such a massive technical undertaking. This won't take as long as one would think as long as they have been honest in their testing but a few unknowns are bound to pop up when you go to a much larger scale as live realms compared to PTR ones.

I would say the process will be a 100% complete by October. What I mean by that is patch will be debugged and stable, realms that they want to connect will be connected, and those realms that are connected will be for the most part stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    If I had to guess, it will be rolled out to SOME REALMS (part of the same datacentre/hub/battlegroup) within the first hotfix.

- Blizzard likes to ghost hotfix stuff, making it server side, so you don't have to update the client side
    - I almost guarantee they do it by battlegroup
    - It won't be out the second 5.4 drops because it takes a risk of breaking something else on patch day

The entire thing should be rolled out within the first month of 5.4

I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?
    Lol. Your post is just funny altogether.

1) We don't know how it works? Sure we do. It's basically a permanent CRZ with the ability for cross guild joining, AH, Arena's, etc. Not sure how that's hard to understand.

2) Where do you get it will come out by next year? They want it to roll out quickly, but have to base the merging on several factors and easier to wait a week or two into the patch and go from there. Plus they are doing it in small batches instead of all at once in case something goes wrong.

3) 25% character remodel since TBC? Again where did you get your information. They started around Cataclysm and only got 25% of some amount done. We don't know if that's original race skins or original race skins + possible sub skins, etc.

4) Virtual Realm is BS? How do you figure? It's not suppose to be something that keeps you subbed and not sure where you got that. It's suppose to help fix realm populations so they aren't that low and people can do stuff without transferring. Not sure how any of that is a negative. Unless you absolutely love the loner environment in which case maybe a MMO is not suited to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's such a simple concept I don't know why people are still asking.

It's exactly the same as a realm merge except you won't get a forced name change, just a * next to your name.

What more information do you need? That 1 sentence sums it up perfectly and encompasses all the features.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    They've stated numerous times that they will start rolling them out slowly right after 5.4 release, think October-ish. They will start carefully and test the waters, there are many issues that can only be tested on live servers.

Nowhere have they ever promised this feature with 5.4, learn to read properly.

The op is right, if your on a dead realm there's a real lack of information. What realms are you going to be connected with? No answer so far. How long do you have to wait for this feature to being going live and effect your realm? No answer so far.

These may seem like not important questions to some but if your on a dead realm and hope to raid or running a guild on one of these servers, these are huge questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    If I had to guess, it will be rolled out to SOME REALMS (part of the same datacentre/hub/battlegroup) within the first hotfix.

- Blizzard likes to ghost hotfix stuff, making it server side, so you don't have to update the client side
    - I almost guarantee they do it by battlegroup
    - It won't be out the second 5.4 drops because it takes a risk of breaking something else on patch day

The entire thing should be rolled out within the first month of 5.4
    Hmmm by battlegroup is not a bad idea, but do you mean every realm from the same battlegroup are going to be merged or just some of them ? and how?.

I've read that THEY ll try to fix faction balance with this awesome feature wich means h and ally ll get roughtly 50/50. Is this true? No more ally ganking?

I've also read somewhere that they wont merge PVP and PVE realm together, cant find the sauce tho. What about .Roleplay Realm And Normal one?

You guys have faith thinking it ll come before october.

Maybe they ll test it in Octover with 5-6 realm then extend it by the end of the year.....at the best.

I still believe we wont see a crossed AH before 2014 on every group.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-09-03 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And they will be answered as soon as they've figured it out, don't you think they'd broadcast that with trumpets and fanfares immediately? It's a very touchy technology to implement, you can't really test everything for it on PTRs, so the first few realms will be the guinea pigs.

They never "promised" anything and they certainly aren't neglecting the dead realms and low pop servers, it's a big issue to them.

Wot du you tink?
    I dare say this guy is trolling, but yeah Connected Realms is already on the PTR so..

Blizzard is probably waiting for 5.4 to hit and gauge how many people will be resubbing to see how realms will balance out before they make decisions on which ones to connect. The realm pops will likely look different in a couple of weeks with people coming back to the game who haven't played in months. Patience.

Deleted
    Blizzard stated specifically a lot of times that virtual realms will NOT come out when 5.4 releases... I am so fed up with people who complain that blizzard lies about so many things when they only have said ''maybe''.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    This is a touchy topic for people on dead realms or dead factions, some servers are so imbalanced Horde to Ally, this would be a welcomed change.
    Think blizzard have said that adressing faction imbalance between horde and alliance is quite low priority when it comes to connecting realms....The main purpose is to give players enough people to do stuff with on their own faction and addfressing faction imbalance will come 2nd to that.

They also can't really solve that problem on already high pop realms without adding huge ques. Think about a heavy alliance populated realm like Silvermoon and imagine the login que times if they added a the required number of horde to give it a balanced alliance horde population.

Deleted
    I've read that THEY ll try to fix faction balance with this awesome feature wich means h and ally ll get roughtly 50/50. Is this true? No more ally ganking?
    I'm starting to think that unless someone can explain things to you with puppets and bright colours then you'll never get it....

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...irtual-realms/

Connected Realms
    Connected Realms will be used to help out lower population realms, not balance the factions on very high population realms. However, in the process of grouping low population realms, faction balance will be taken into account as much as possible.
    In the same thread:
    While faction balance is one of the factors that will be taken into account when deciding on which realms we will connect, we will most likely not see a perfect faction balance on the connected realms in the end. The reason for this is that the Alliance is generally the most popular faction on PvE realms, while it is the Horde that is the most popular on PvP realms... and we cannot connect PvE with PvP realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    * is for CRZ
    # will be for connected realms, look it up. And Dalaran is a crossrealm zone.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it'll be ready for Tuesday, plain and simple. It'll be activated later, I'm guessing about 2-3 weeks later.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I don't think it'll be ready for Tuesday, plain and simple. It'll be activated later, I'm guessing about 2-3 weeks later.
    They've stated it won't be live patch day, but it be rolling out following the patch.
    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?
    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomgan View Post
    Already live on Doomhammer EU. Doomhammer has a very low population and yesterday i noticed a lot of people in Dalaran. All of them with * beside their names. So it looks like it's already being rolled out on live servers.
    That's just CRZ, unless you saw them in a non-CRZ place like Pandaria, Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...
    Huh? They only started working on revamped character models in Cataclysm not TBC... your way off... like 3 years off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth_c View Post
    funny thing is that the 5.4 PTR patch notes contain "New Feature: Connected Realms", which is kinda misleading....
    why would that be misleading?
    People really have to learn that PTR does not equal live realm.. Public TEST Realm means nothing more than what's tested. But times and again people falling for that and assume that everything that's in PTR stages means automatically that it's how it will be on Live realms, which is and never was the case. Especially not with patches that aren't labeled "Release candidate".
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."