Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    In 3 seperate dungeon groups I was in today, there were people from connected realms.

    Hovering over them it said ["Name" - Nagrand, "Guild Name" - Nagrand (Connected)]

    So I would very much say Nagrand is one of the first connected realms.
    Those tags have existed since the patch rolled out. They've named the first two connected realms, and that is not one. Probably just some infra-structure stuff for when the mass roll-out occurs.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Those tags have existed since the patch rolled out. They've named the first two connected realms, and that is not one. Probably just some infra-structure stuff for when the mass roll-out occurs.
    Odd since every other person I was grouped with just had the Usual text, was only people from Nagrand with the Connected text.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Other than speed up LFD/LFR or PVP ques I don't really see a need for connected realms.

    I mean who would want more competition for mine/herb nodes, rares, quest kills etc...?
    When I can count the number of people in the shrine on one hand and during peak play times, the newest content (Timeless Isle) doesn't have more than 30 people on either faction, it might be time for connected realms.

    Don't get me wrong, I love my little hole-in-the-wall, backwoods realm where there is no competition for the things you mentioned. It just gets annoying when you're trying to get a raid together and just need one or two replacements, yet all you get back in /2 is silence. I can't even tell you the last time any chat channels outside of guild or /1 on the Isle have even scrolled on my screen before fading out.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They waited far too long to fix issues that were addressed months ago, and because of the time crunch, its easier for them to cull everything. It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

  4. #84
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    261
    Maybe a x-realm invite thing? I took a couple SS the day the patch was released showing the same thing you are mentioning. Some guy from another realm was running around on the Timeless Isle and I thought I had missed something about the roll-out.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I smell something fishy with that new feature.

    We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

    Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

    I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

    In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

    Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.


    Wot du you tink?
    Who said that they've been working on revamping character models since BC?

  6. #86
    Nearly 2 weeks from 5.4.

    No updates/No Schedule.

    Maybe some news at Blizzcon ?


    27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

  7. #87
    What I'm trying to understand is why push a new raid out when so many people are on freaking dead realms? You would think the priority would be to their customers paying a sub fee to get them that MMO experience. The connected realms or whatever solution (merges would have been better) should have been implemented before the new patch so all those on dead realms have something to look forward to, but now there's a new patch which they cant enjoy at all and its the last big raid one of MOP, I bet they were pretty excited about the patch and connected realms, until they found out connected realms are coming later and their dead realm will still be dead with little chance of raiding the new raid, ya they must be pretty happy about that.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    What I'm trying to understand is why push a new raid out when so many people are on freaking dead realms? You would think the priority would be to their customers paying a sub fee to get them that MMO experience. The connected realms or whatever solution (merges would have been better) should have been implemented before the new patch so all those on dead realms have something to look forward to, but now there's a new patch which they cant enjoy at all and its the last big raid one of MOP, I bet they were pretty excited about the patch and connected realms, until they found out connected realms are coming later and their dead realm will still be dead with little chance of raiding the new raid, ya they must be pretty happy about that.
    Very true my men.


    27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

  9. #89
    There was no false promise about it. It's right in the blues that it was going to roll out slowly after 5.4 launched. This thread is a fantastic example of misinformation and it's incredibly ironic.

  10. #90
    No one promised you anything with your specific realm, so I don't know why you are crying about it. If you are having problems finding people to do things on your realm, consider using an addon like oQueue to form groups for content.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    No one promised you anything with your specific realm, so I don't know why you are crying about it. If you are having problems finding people to do things on your realm, consider using an addon like oQueue to form groups for content.

    Thanks for tip.


    27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

  12. #92
    High Overlord Laz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you O.o
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    In 3 seperate dungeon groups I was in today, there were people from connected realms.

    Hovering over them it said ["Name" - Nagrand, "Guild Name" - Nagrand (Connected)]

    So I would very much say Nagrand is one of the first connected realms.
    From what Blizz said, persons from connected realms would have the following name "name#realm" not "name-realm" as seen in LFR/LFD
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidseal View Post
    We see you trollin' , we hatin' ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    Fuck off retard, stop posting your useless shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing. Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right. Just sayn'

  13. #93
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    7,932
    Uhm.. it is on 5.4.

    It's set for testing for 4 realms (2 EU, 2 US). Was a blue post about their aim for it at first.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  14. #94
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm.. it is on 5.4.

    It's set for testing for 4 realms (2 EU, 2 US). Was a blue post about their aim for it at first.
    Saw the US post. Never saw a EU one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    What I'm trying to understand is why push a new raid out when so many people are on freaking dead realms? You would think the priority would be to their customers paying a sub fee to get them that MMO experience. The connected realms or whatever solution (merges would have been better) should have been implemented before the new patch so all those on dead realms have something to look forward to, but now there's a new patch which they cant enjoy at all and its the last big raid one of MOP, I bet they were pretty excited about the patch and connected realms, until they found out connected realms are coming later and their dead realm will still be dead with little chance of raiding the new raid, ya they must be pretty happy about that.
    Yeah, I mean, it's not like you can Flex raid it cross-realm or anything.

    Oh wait...

    But, seriously, would you guys prefer that they just start up every connected-realm and possibly break everything? No? Then let them test it and stop bitching about something that they already acknowledged in blue posts during the 5.4 PTR.

    And, no, merges would NOT have been better, unless you really like the fact that thousands of players/guilds would be forced to change their names.


    For those of you that obviously weren't paying attention during the 5.4 PTR cycle:
    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?

    A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.
    "Some time after the launch of Patch 5.4." If any of you read that and thought, "okay, 1-2 weeks," then you're... well, just imagine an insulting sentence that could get me infracted.

  16. #96
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,565
    I think they wanted guilds to have hassle free time on isle and raid first few weeks in case this merger causes technical problems
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, I mean, it's not like you can Flex raid it cross-realm or anything.

    Oh wait....
    Or I could do that on my realm raiding normal mode w/o flex cross-realm, if ya know, there was a population, but since there isn't a band aid fix for things is the way to go and damn be to anyone who doesnt use flex raid or have a crap ton of cross realm buddies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    But, seriously, would you guys prefer that they just start up every connected-realm and possibly break everything? No? Then let them test it and stop bitching about something that they already acknowledged in blue posts during the 5.4 PTR.

    And, no, merges would NOT have been better, unless you really like the fact that thousands of players/guilds would be forced to change their names.
    Apparently your not the brightest and missed my point, which is that the solution for low pop realms should have already been done before the patch not bait the playerbase and then not deliver till x amount of time when this awesome raid is going on. Yes mergers would have been just fine since as mentioned many times before there is no real difference between connected realms and mergers and as stated many times before they could just adapt the same naming system for mergers as they are for the connected realms or bg's. So how is it people are okay with the idea of connected realms and not mergers if they are essentially the same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    "Some time after the launch of Patch 5.4." If any of you read that and thought, "okay, 1-2 weeks," then you're... well, just imagine an insulting sentence that could get me infracted.
    Hey genius most of us know that and again my point was then why say it exists unless to simply bait your playerbase along for a long ride. Honestly I'm sure many people thought that soon after 5.4 launches meant a few weeks, but they use the ambiguous "some time", Im sure people were stoked about finally I'll be able to raid normal mode with other people, freaking sweet,.. then they find out it wont be immediately.. Oh christ wtf!!!! I still have to sit on this dead realm and play my solo game which is to join LFR, yippee!!!!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There was no false promise about it. It's right in the blues that it was going to roll out slowly after 5.4 launched. This thread is a fantastic example of misinformation and it's incredibly ironic.
    Your reading comprehension skills are phenomenal, never said anything about false promises only that it should have been done and finished as priority number one before the release of a big,awesome raid.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Hey genius most of us know that and again my point was then why say it exists unless to simply bait your playerbase along for a long ride. Honestly I'm sure many people thought that soon after 5.4 launches meant a few weeks, but they use the ambiguous "some time", Im sure people were stoked about finally I'll be able to raid normal mode with other people, freaking sweet,.. then they find out it wont be immediately.. Oh christ wtf!!!! I still have to sit on this dead realm and play my solo game which is to join LFR, yippee!!!!!.
    You're using terms like "bait your playerbase" This seems to imply you believe Connected Realms is just a big lie. It seems your expectations is that it would be out sooner, despite Blizzard never giving a hard date for release. This is a classic example of the playerbase running wild with speculation and then disappointed and accusing Blizzard of "broken promises!" when it doesn't happen on their time table. Just like people were "expecting" new player models with the release of the new expansion and then disappointed that it wasn't going to happen that way.

    After their last post, I don't expect they will roll out connected realms until after a reasonable chunk of realm firsts are achieved. Sure they could link them sooner for the dead servers, but I personally believe they are letting the hardcore guilds get their titles and prestige in, before mudding the waters with Connected Realms. Prep for Blizzcon could even slow this down more. Just like CRZ, I think connected realms are more focused going into the next Expansion and less about getting realms up to population this raid tier.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-09-23 at 06:04 PM.

  19. #99
    how the hell do threads like these get to 5 pages. jesus

  20. #100
    Can you /who people with CRZ an see if the realm was merged? I don't see anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarishflar
    we encountered a few issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarishflar
    we ran into a few other issues

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •