Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Or perhaps they should not have highlighted it as a "low population saving" feature of the upcoming patch.

    At the end of the day they managed to get some people who would not have resubscribed any more to hang on to promises which were ultimately never delivered. Such is business.

    This.

    Im really affraid the whole thing is just a brilliant communication to get players back (or stoping the unsubing hemorage).

    Lots of players are waiting this feature for YEARS and maybe already resubed for it.

    I think Blizzard cant tell much about a schedule because some realm ll def be connected in months and they are affraid to lose those new resubed players for ever.

    Yeah you right mate actually it's just business.


    Retired from PC gaming. All mmo account sold. Playing Destiny on X1. We(5) are looking for more french members for our Clan !!!!!

  2. #162
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    This, stated it many times before. OP and many others whining here clearly don't understand the feature or Blizzard's messages. And oQueue is excellent for anyone having those issues on their realms in the meantime.
    They really should start handing out infractions for using the word whining, it's nothing short of just flaming people who don't share your opinion.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  3. #163
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    959
    CRZ bugs are still happening in game ...lets wait and make sure they got it right....I am tried of half attempts of doing something new like CRZ only to have it still buggy years later.

  4. #164
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    They really should start handing out infractions for using the word whining, it's nothing short of just flaming people who don't share your opinion.
    Why? It is whining, nothing else? The information is clearly there and has been there for everyone to read openly. Yet some people in this thread refuse to acknowledge it and instead want to complain about Blizzard being "greedy" and throwing tinfoil hat theories into the thread. How is this anything but whining?

    Furthermore, accusing someone of a certain behaviour does not automatically insult their person, depending on the behaviour. In this case i certainly don't consider it an insult, merely an observation in light of simple facts.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    server transfers bring them literaly ton of $$$ so why hurry with merges ?
    Ew.

    Good point.

    @MouseD : This is right. And this why i find very weird that blizz didnt even say 1 thing about the first connection between the 2 US realms that happened 2 weeks ago. A little something like " Everything is fine or OMG this a a fucking disaster we broke the shit ". This is weird and a really bad sign.
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-08 at 12:34 PM.


    Retired from PC gaming. All mmo account sold. Playing Destiny on X1. We(5) are looking for more french members for our Clan !!!!!

  6. #166
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    server transfers bring them literaly ton of $$$ so why hurry with merges ?
    Yes, the minority of hardcore players that choose to spend money to transfer their characters are clearly a much bigger source of income than having healthy, populated realms that attract a ridiculously larger number of new players...

    Such a hard facepalm...

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You are not bringing forth any arguments to prove your case, you are merely basing your opinion on tinfoil hat assumptions. The fact of the matter is there is a pricetag on all these changes.

    I am merely reading the language used, and linked and especially "BEHAVE AS" does not imply an actual physical merge unto one server. It is a clear linguistic distinction. It would also explain the delay and the testing. If it were a simple matter of slapping realms together, they would have done it long ago, as they have admitted themselves (look it up yourself, too lazy to dig up more bluequotes).

    Realm mergers do not have a negative connotation at all for those players stuck on dead and low pop realms. In fact they've been clamoring for it. The reason they are using this language is because they are not in fact, classically merging realms. This is not "marketing lingo", there is no need to sell this. Whether it's a classical merge or their new concept of a connected realm, low pop realms being solved brings players back/attracts new players.
    It has nothing to do with tinfoil hat conspiracies it is purely a business decision there is no point trying to reinvent the wheel you do not spend time and money developing a new system when there is an existing system that not only achieves the same results and cut costs but is simpler and is known to work.

    Ever heard the saying "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"

  8. #168
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It has nothing to do with tinfoil hat conspiracies it is purely a business decision there is no point trying to reinvent the wheel you do not spend time and money developing a new system when there is an existing system that not only achieves the same results and cut costs but is simpler and is known to work.

    Ever heard the saying "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck"
    You've missed the point tho, it is in fact a reinventing of the wheel, in many aspects. The fact that some like you are enraging because you think it's Blizzard just "delaying" ordinary realm merges is the misunderstanding here.

  9. #169
    Do you really think than minority of hardcore players used race/transfer change?

    number of eu players it the same for laste few years but still more and more serwers going low why?

  10. #170
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by majkosz View Post
    Do you really think than minority of hardcore players used race/transfer change?

    number of eu players it the same for laste few years but still more and more serwers going low why?
    That's actually not true, the sub numbers have been going down consistently, regardless of Asia etc. And many many people don't actually transfer, but reroll instead or quit the game. If you talk to actual people playing the game, transferring and paying money for that only really becomes a viable option for the dedicated players, the ones that play consistently over loong stretches of time and plan to stick to it. This is the tiny minority of players, always has been. The overwhelming majority of WoW players are truly casual or just passing by.

    The fact of the matter is that low pop realms are quite a considerable factor for Blizzard losing profit (not that they're doing poorly, it could just be better), and realm transfer fees in no way make up for that, not by a long shot, it'S like a drop in the bucket.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    You've missed the point tho, it is in fact a reinventing of the wheel, in many aspects. The fact that some like you are enraging because you think it's Blizzard just "delaying" ordinary realm merges is the misunderstanding here.
    Let me get this straight, according to you, Blizzard are spending time and money developing a new system that is more complex and untested that does exactly the same as another system they know to work and that allows them to cut server costs. Does this not strike you as a massive waste of time and money?

    I am not raging nor have I said that Blizzard are delaying realm merges it appears that reading what people write is another area your understanding is lacking.

  12. #172
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Let me get this straight, according to you, Blizzard are spending time and money developing a new system that is more complex and untested that does exactly the same as another system they know to work and that allows them to cut server costs. Does this not strike you as a massive waste of time and money?

    I am not raging nor have I said that Blizzard are delaying realm merges it appears that reading what people write is another area your understanding is lacking.
    In fact that is exactly what Blizzard themselves have been explaining, that they have developed this new system to "link" realms, and that the realm technology has been updated over that past 2 expansions in part with this change in mind. Read up.

    The fact that you choose not to believe this does not make it a lie. Which is why i call it a tinfoil hat theory ^^

    It is in fact untested, which is why it is being rolled out slowly, as I said in many posts before. They've stated this themselves, again if you choose not to believe it that is your business *shrug*

    Your argument does not make any sense from a business perspective, although you are trying to argue from a fiscal point of view. Keeping the realm infrastructure as it stands largely intact and adding new technology to "link" as they stated would probably not be more expensive than changing the infrastructure via physical merges. Again, any change here has a pricetag, in this case the philosophy is clearly recognizable - it is not in Blizzard's interest to merge realms and have people get confused by having their realm suddenly gone, maybe ahving to change their name, etc etc. In fact they pretty much implied that they are INVESTING into the realm system to keep this integrity of separate realms intact while tackling the low pop issue with these Connected Realms.

    For the third time, the fact that you choose not to believe what Blizzard states and make up your own interpretation does not make their statement false, neither does it prove my "lack of understanding".

  13. #173
    Aside from the idiots who think that blizzard is delaying implementation of this for every low pop realm on purpose for some absurd reason, has anybody actually played on the two connected realms?

    I was thinking of making a new toon on one of them to check it out.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    In fact that is exactly what Blizzard themselves have been explaining, that they have developed this new system to "link" realms, and that the realm technology has been updated over that past 2 expansions in part with this change in mind. Read up.

    The fact that you choose not to believe this does not make it a lie. Which is why i call it a tinfoil hat theory ^^

    It is in fact untested, which is why it is being rolled out slowly, as I said in many posts before. They've stated this themselves, again if you choose not to believe it that is your business *shrug*

    Your argument does not make any sense from a business perspective, although you are trying to argue from a fiscal point of view. Keeping the realm infrastructure as it stands largely intact and adding new technology to "link" as they stated would probably not be more expensive than changing the infrastructure via physical merges. Again, any change here has a pricetag, in this case the philosophy is clearly recognizable - it is not in Blizzard's interest to merge realms and have people get confused by having their realm suddenly gone, maybe ahving to change their name, etc etc. In fact they pretty much implied that they are INVESTING into the realm system to keep this integrity of separate realms intact while tackling the low pop issue with these Connected Realms.

    For the third time, the fact that you choose not to believe what Blizzard states and make up your own interpretation does not make their statement false, neither does it prove my "lack of understanding".
    Whenever a business, any business, undertakes a new project or implements a new system they need to make sure that the benefits outweigh the costs. The system you believe Blizzard are implementing has massive costs over the existing one in terms of it needs to be invented. Not only that it brings no benefits, as it achieves the same results, over the existing system and as it is untested may actually be detrimental to the business if it does not work as intended. Assuming that the new system worked without issue it still requires the same amount of hardware to use whereas mergers would allow the amount of hardware to be scaled back, even if the business is unable to recoup some of the costs of the hardware through selling it they no longer have to pay the associated costs with running and maintaining it.

    When you take into account that the business is losing customers and is therefore becoming less profitable it makes even less sense to spend time and money developing a new system that will not save costs in day to day running and could potentially cost lost business as it is unproven when there is an existing system that is known to work that can potentially save money.

    It is not a case of not believing what Blizzard have said, I 100% believe what they have said as they have not said that they are not merging realms.

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is not a case of not believing what Blizzard have said, I 100% believe what they have said as they have not said that they are not merging realms.
    Whey whould they say they are not merging realms when they've said they are merging realms

  16. #176
    Warchief miffy23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    2,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Whenever a business, any business, undertakes a new project or implements a new system they need to make sure that the benefits outweigh the costs. The system you believe Blizzard are implementing has massive costs over the existing one in terms of it needs to be invented. Not only that it brings no benefits, as it achieves the same results, over the existing system and as it is untested may actually be detrimental to the business if it does not work as intended. Assuming that the new system worked without issue it still requires the same amount of hardware to use whereas mergers would allow the amount of hardware to be scaled back, even if the business is unable to recoup some of the costs of the hardware through selling it they no longer have to pay the associated costs with running and maintaining it.

    When you take into account that the business is losing customers and is therefore becoming less profitable it makes even less sense to spend time and money developing a new system that will not save costs in day to day running and could potentially cost lost business as it is unproven when there is an existing system that is known to work that can potentially save money.

    It is not a case of not believing what Blizzard have said, I 100% believe what they have said as they have not said that they are not merging realms.
    Neither you nor I have actual numbers for the cost/profit margins. And the fact still remains that you choose to add your own interpretation to Blizzard's statements.
    I did take declining business into account, which is the very reason why your assumption makes no sense.

    If it were a simple matter of merging realms to lose hardware costs and solve the lowpop issue, they would have done it ages ago, they did not need the technology for it. And if you seriously believe that the basic hardware maintenance costs for the realms are a major deciding factor you'Re a bit misinformed. Personnel/training/software "maintenance" costs FAR outweigh these. To say nothing of the fact that Blizzard has the luxury, due to excessively profitable ventures, to allow for an unecessary expenditure in return for making this gentler, better solution feasible.

    You are arguing from the PoV that Blizzard is a sinking ship and WoW is failing due to losing subs. This is not the case. The rest of what you say is semantics, of course they are merging realms, but it is not the type of merge you talk about, as they have themselves repeatedly stated and I repeatedly explained.

    Anyway, tired of this debate since it is leading nowhere. We will see when all the realms are in place.
    Good day!

  17. #177
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Laveen, Arizona
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    They really should start handing out infractions for using the word whining, it's nothing short of just flaming people who don't share your opinion.
    This, a million, billion times this. Words alone can't describe how awesome this sentence is.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

  18. #178
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Connected realms are mergers in all but name and this is already been done at least three times on a larger scale in Korea, Taiwan and China prior to the two US realms being connected.
    You are usually more careful with your facts than this.

    Realm merges where people are moved off of one realm and onto another are one thing. No mail system changes, no auction house changes, etc. People get moved, the old realm closes, and the new realm performs exactly as before since there's no need to link anything.

    Connected realms where the mail system has to work seamlessly across two separate systems as one and a merged auction house that is servicing what is still two realms are different things. Never mind the changes they've had to make to accommodate players with the same name on the connected realms and any number of other things I can think of.

    Connected realms haven't happened in any of those places you mentioned. It's surprising that you would bundle them all up together and say it's already been done.

    It hasn't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-08 at 03:57 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  19. #179
    Ok we got a blue post

    Black Dragonflight and Skullcrusher are next connected realm.

    Looks like they need another connection to test things. Looks like the first connection was not enough and the second one ll bring more shananingans to the whole things.

    I know a lot of you are looking forward to having your realm connected (or even just knowing when and who you'll be connected to), but keep in mind that these initial connections are to test the various steps and results of what is a very involved and complicated process. We need to make these initial connections, nail down the processes, find and resolve any issues we run into, etc. before finalizing next steps as the results of the tests will have a direct impact on how and when we make all future connections. The realms connected thus far were chosen specifically to help identify potential issues, and not necessarily because they would benefit the most from a connection.


    Why the fuck do they need to connect 2 other realms to test things while they dont even give us feedback on the first connection?


    Total bs.

    And some of you were right. This wont be fully implemented before 2014.

    Allright i give up I think im gonna let this thread die.

    Nvm
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-09 at 12:57 PM.


    Retired from PC gaming. All mmo account sold. Playing Destiny on X1. We(5) are looking for more french members for our Clan !!!!!

  20. #180
    Blademaster Feuerbart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    43
    Why exactly do you think Blizzard owes you any feedback on the first connection?

    Since there is no big outcry on the forums from guys from these servers i would think it was more or less successful.
    All the internal matters with this are none of your business anyway.

    You come across as someone who needs a reality check as to his own importance on this globe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •