Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?
    Who said that they've been working on revamping character models since BC?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearly 2 weeks from 5.4.

No updates/No Schedule.

Maybe some news at Blizzcon ?

What I'm trying to understand is why push a new raid out when so many people are on freaking dead realms? You would think the priority would be to their customers paying a sub fee to get them that MMO experience. The connected realms or whatever solution (merges would have been better) should have been implemented before the new patch so all those on dead realms have something to look forward to, but now there's a new patch which they cant enjoy at all and its the last big raid one of MOP, I bet they were pretty excited about the patch and connected realms, until they found out connected realms are coming later and their dead realm will still be dead with little chance of raiding the new raid, ya they must be pretty happy about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    What I'm trying to understand is why push a new raid out when so many people are on freaking dead realms? You would think the priority would be to their customers paying a sub fee to get them that MMO experience. The connected realms or whatever solution (merges would have been better) should have been implemented before the new patch so all those on dead realms have something to look forward to, but now there's a new patch which they cant enjoy at all and its the last big raid one of MOP, I bet they were pretty excited about the patch and connected realms, until they found out connected realms are coming later and their dead realm will still be dead with little chance of raiding the new raid, ya they must be pretty happy about that.
    Very true my men.

There was no false promise about it. It's right in the blues that it was going to roll out slowly after 5.4 launched. This thread is a fantastic example of misinformation and it's incredibly ironic.

No one promised you anything with your specific realm, so I don't know why you are crying about it. If you are having problems finding people to do things on your realm, consider using an addon like oQueue to form groups for content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    No one promised you anything with your specific realm, so I don't know why you are crying about it. If you are having problems finding people to do things on your realm, consider using an addon like oQueue to form groups for content.

Thanks for tip.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    In 3 seperate dungeon groups I was in today, there were people from connected realms.

Hovering over them it said ["Name" - Nagrand, "Guild Name" - Nagrand (Connected)]

So I would very much say Nagrand is one of the first connected realms.
    From what Blizz said, persons from connected realms would have the following name "name#realm" not "name-realm" as seen in LFR/LFD
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm.. it is on 5.4.

It's set for testing for 4 realms (2 EU, 2 US). Was a blue post about their aim for it at first.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm.. it is on 5.4.

It's set for testing for 4 realms (2 EU, 2 US). Was a blue post about their aim for it at first.
    Saw the US post. Never saw a EU one.

Yeah, I mean, it's not like you can Flex raid it cross-realm or anything.

Oh wait...

But, seriously, would you guys prefer that they just start up every connected-realm and possibly break everything? No? Then let them test it and stop bitching about something that they already acknowledged in blue posts during the 5.4 PTR.

And, no, merges would NOT have been better, unless you really like the fact that thousands of players/guilds would be forced to change their names.

For those of you that obviously weren't paying attention during the 5.4 PTR cycle:
    Q. When will Connected Realms be available?

A. We haven’t yet determined when we’ll be creating the first Connected Realms, but we expect it will be some time after the launch of Patch 5.4.
    "Some time after the launch of Patch 5.4." If any of you read that and thought, "okay, 1-2 weeks," then you're... well, just imagine an insulting sentence that could get me infracted.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-23 at 04:42 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they wanted guilds to have hassle free time on isle and raid first few weeks in case this merger causes technical problems

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, I mean, it's not like you can Flex raid it cross-realm or anything.

Oh wait....
    Or I could do that on my realm raiding normal mode w/o flex cross-realm, if ya know, there was a population, but since there isn't a band aid fix for things is the way to go and damn be to anyone who doesnt use flex raid or have a crap ton of cross realm buddies.

But, seriously, would you guys prefer that they just start up every connected-realm and possibly break everything? No? Then let them test it and stop bitching about something that they already acknowledged in blue posts during the 5.4 PTR.

And, no, merges would NOT have been better, unless you really like the fact that thousands of players/guilds would be forced to change their names.
    Apparently your not the brightest and missed my point, which is that the solution for low pop realms should have already been done before the patch not bait the playerbase and then not deliver till x amount of time when this awesome raid is going on. Yes mergers would have been just fine since as mentioned many times before there is no real difference between connected realms and mergers and as stated many times before they could just adapt the same naming system for mergers as they are for the connected realms or bg's. So how is it people are okay with the idea of connected realms and not mergers if they are essentially the same thing?

"Some time after the launch of Patch 5.4." If any of you read that and thought, "okay, 1-2 weeks," then you're... well, just imagine an insulting sentence that could get me infracted.
    Hey genius most of us know that and again my point was then why say it exists unless to simply bait your playerbase along for a long ride. Honestly I'm sure many people thought that soon after 5.4 launches meant a few weeks, but they use the ambiguous "some time", Im sure people were stoked about finally I'll be able to raid normal mode with other people, freaking sweet,.. then they find out it wont be immediately.. Oh christ wtf!!!! I still have to sit on this dead realm and play my solo game which is to join LFR, yippee!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    There was no false promise about it. It's right in the blues that it was going to roll out slowly after 5.4 launched. This thread is a fantastic example of misinformation and it's incredibly ironic.
    Your reading comprehension skills are phenomenal, never said anything about false promises only that it should have been done and finished as priority number one before the release of a big,awesome raid.

Hey genius most of us know that and again my point was then why say it exists unless to simply bait your playerbase along for a long ride. Honestly I'm sure many people thought that soon after 5.4 launches meant a few weeks, but they use the ambiguous "some time", Im sure people were stoked about finally I'll be able to raid normal mode with other people, freaking sweet,.. then they find out it wont be immediately.. Oh christ wtf!!!! I still have to sit on this dead realm and play my solo game which is to join LFR, yippee!!!!!.
    You're using terms like "bait your playerbase" This seems to imply you believe Connected Realms is just a big lie. It seems your expectations is that it would be out sooner, despite Blizzard never giving a hard date for release. This is a classic example of the playerbase running wild with speculation and then disappointed and accusing Blizzard of "broken promises!" when it doesn't happen on their time table. Just like people were "expecting" new player models with the release of the new expansion and then disappointed that it wasn't going to happen that way.

After their last post, I don't expect they will roll out connected realms until after a reasonable chunk of realm firsts are achieved. Sure they could link them sooner for the dead servers, but I personally believe they are letting the hardcore guilds get their titles and prestige in, before mudding the waters with Connected Realms. Prep for Blizzcon could even slow this down more. Just like CRZ, I think connected realms are more focused going into the next Expansion and less about getting realms up to population this raid tier.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-09-23 at 06:04 PM.

how the hell do threads like these get to 5 pages. jesus

Deleted
    Can you /who people with CRZ an see if the realm was merged? I don't see anything.

"Some time after the launch of Patch 5.4." If any of you read that and thought, "okay, 1-2 weeks,"
    I didn't think 1-2 weeks to get it all going but I did expect them to do something in that time frame. Even the 2 severs they named to be first haven't been connected. Taking your time is fine but nothing for 2 weeks? They claimed it should be going at about the speed they did crz but we had that day one...

They only had a few realms on each crz at first and in about a month's time had many. That was the kind of time table they gave thats why people are annoyed. As the rate its going now it could be 6 months from now.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/08/16/pa...h-tom-chilton/

Connected Realms - we won't see them introduced with 5.4. Why the delay?

Well, they essentially are -- I mean all of the technology is in patch 5.4 and once 5.4 is released and everything is presumably stable, we're going to start activating the Connected Realms. I think the only distinction there is the moment 5.4 goes live, we are not also going to have a whole bunch of realms suddenly connected together. It's just going to be a staged roll out, so that we can make sure that we -- we did the exact same thing with Cross-Realm Zones. When we introduced those, we did it over about the course of a month or so.
    Servers have been stable for weeks now and they've done nothing going slow is fine doing nothing is not. Doing something over the course of a month or 2 months is fine but that means you have to be doing things all that time....

Whether it turns out to be slower than CRZ or not... its DEFINITELY not going to take until 2014... Or even until Blizzcon. The connections to be in full swing by atleast Halloween.

And just because they aren't doing anything you can SEE.... doesn't mean they are doing NOTHING. This is a huge step, once you connect servers there is no going back, you can't un-connect them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    And just because they aren't doing anything you can SEE.... doesn't mean they are doing NOTHING. This is a huge step, once you connect servers there is no going back, you can't un-connect them.
    The problem is connected realms worked fine on the ptr 5.4 added that to live if they are running into big issues with something they should tell us about it. And they knew they were doing this for 5.4 meaning they should have had a list of what they were going to connect long before it ever went live. If they didn't then they are pretty terrible they had months to figure out what to connect before it ever went live.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-09-23 at 06:32 PM.

Or I could do that on my realm raiding normal mode w/o flex cross-realm, if ya know, there was a population, but since there isn't a band aid fix for things is the way to go and damn be to anyone who doesnt use flex raid or have a crap ton of cross realm buddies.

Apparently your not the brightest and missed my point, which is that the solution for low pop realms should have already been done before the patch not bait the playerbase and then not deliver till x amount of time when this awesome raid is going on. Yes mergers would have been just fine since as mentioned many times before there is no real difference between connected realms and mergers and as stated many times before they could just adapt the same naming system for mergers as they are for the connected realms or bg's. So how is it people are okay with the idea of connected realms and not mergers if they are essentially the same thing?

Hey genius most of us know that and again my point was then why say it exists unless to simply bait your playerbase along for a long ride. Honestly I'm sure many people thought that soon after 5.4 launches meant a few weeks, but they use the ambiguous "some time", Im sure people were stoked about finally I'll be able to raid normal mode with other people, freaking sweet,.. then they find out it wont be immediately.. Oh christ wtf!!!! I still have to sit on this dead realm and play my solo game which is to join LFR, yippee!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Your reading comprehension skills are phenomenal, never said anything about false promises only that it should have been done and finished as priority number one before the release of a big,awesome raid.
    All I'm seeing here is impatience. You can't raid SoO because you're on a dead realm? Boo hoo. It's not Blizzard's fault that your realm died and you chose to remain. But they're still working on a fix. That's awfully generous, if you ask me.

So, how about you act like an adult and wait for connected realms? They're coming and it shouldn't be much longer.

And don't even fucking start with this "bait" bullshit. They specifically said it would be "some time" after 5.4 launch. Maybe some people are silly enough to think that means 1-2 weeks, but the rest of us are smart enough to realize that connecting entire realms might be something they want to slowly implement so that they can get it right.

Also, how do you expect them to adapt the naming system for mergers? "Hey, I'm Asterix, and this guy is Asterix(*)." Get a clue.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu