Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I didn't realize that it cost you money to make a character on a different server. Maybe that would've been a wise decision once you realized that your server was dying and that you weren't willing to spend money on a transfer.

Heh, I guess my Asterisk joke went over your head. Hint: * = asterisk.

Anyway, here's what's making ME frustrated about this thread: You guys were told that you would get this new feature, but you were also told it wouldn't be immediately. Now you're expecting it immediately and complaining that it's taking time.

Let's put it this way: I want to watch the new season of Supernatural, but it doesn't start until next month. I have to deal with that. I want to watch new episodes of Korra, but I have to wait for them to air first. I have to deal with that. I'd love to play some of the new games coming out in the future, but they're not here yet. I have to deal with that.

You guys want connected realms? Well, they're not here yet. Deal with it. Complaining about a feature that you were TOLD would arrive LATER just makes you all look like morons. Don't use the new raid as an excuse, or dead realms as an excuse. They're giving you this brand new, awesome feature that's going to revitalize your dead realms. Awesome! And it'll probably be here pretty damned soon. But... you're all getting butthurt because it's not here RIGHT NOW! You're acting like fucking children. "Mom, I don't want to go to Disneyland later, I want to go NOW!" Well, you can't go now. So wait. Act like adults, and wait. If you can't be patient, then maybe you don't really need this feature after all, because, let's be honest, if they were to do it right now... it'd probably break or end up working poorly and then people would make actual, legitimate complaint threads instead of bullshit wah wah where's my stuff BLI$$ARD threads.
    A year and a half after Zarhym's famous "bold and spectacular plans" speech it's still the same shut up, pay up or reroll bullshit.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Yay for the community continuously living up to my standard of "Let's overreact to X Y and Z because we're impatient/read too much into what Blizzard does".
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    A year and a half after Zarhym's famous "bold and spectacular plans" speech it's still the same shut up, pay up or reroll bullshit.
    Essentially at this point that is all low pop realms have since this "connected realms" feature has amounted to nothing thus far except them telling us its planned/exists and they are still testing it. So really what we have is nothing and in the future more nothing, looking forward to nothing to be excited about, TY blizz may your lip service never waver from delivering empty features.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    When your realm gets merged you won't like your new neighbors either.

The likely explanation for your unhappiness is that WoW just doesn't make you happy.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I didn't realize that it cost you money to make a character on a different server. Maybe that would've been a wise decision once you realized that your server was dying and that you weren't willing to spend money on a transfer.
    I should have to reroll my main and six other high level characters that I've put years into or spend nearly a hundred quid to move them? I don't think so dear.

Heh, I guess my Asterisk joke went over your head. Hint: * = asterisk.
    No it didn't, it just wasn't funny.

Anyway, here's what's making ME frustrated about this thread: You guys were told that you would get this new feature, but you were also told it wouldn't be immediately. Now you're expecting it immediately and complaining that it's taking time.
    Well if you'd read it properly you wouldn't be frustrated so you've only got yourself to blame. We don't want it immediately, we want information about a likely timescale and what realms are likely to be involved. There has not been one word about it on the official EU forum, absolutely no indication of whether we'll know anything soon or not until months down the line let alone when the feature will actually be implemented. Although I did receive an email offering me seven days free gametime to try out this amazing new connected realms feature they've implemented, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Woot way to insult those on dead realms with such a condescending post.. great job
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Woot way to insult those on dead realms with such a condescending post..
    I'm on a dead realm, and his post makes sense to me. Stop being so offended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Coming Soon TM. As usual with Blizzard.

So nearly 3 weeks from 5.4.

If im not mistaken, 2 realm have been "merged" for testing purpose but we dont have much update since.

Still No schedule and woweurope forums are flamed.

Maybe they keep informations for blizzcon?

Edit :Holy shit made this thread 1 month ago :/
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-02 at 12:00 PM.

27y old. French buisness lawyer. Playing what my friends are playing. Destiny and Wod.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm on a dead realm, and his post makes sense to me. Stop being so offended.
    Same. I'm on H-Moonrunner, and the server has been dying/dead since late BC. It's not like you logged in one day and found out 65% of the population was gone.

Either re-roll and spend a month raising your 6 toons back to their max status (which is pretty easy, given all the XP nerfs and profession buffs), or wait for the coalesce.

People demanding that Bliz implement VR across the game NOW are the same ones who will race here to bitch as soon as something goes wrong. Just like CRZ.

Edit:
    If im not mistaken, 2 realm have been "merged" for testing purpose but we dont have much update since.
    It's been 7 days since they were merged. Maybe, I dunno, it's possible that Bliz needs more than a week's data to form opinions?

It's only been a week since those two realms were merged. I'm guessing we'll hear more next week or the week after that.
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Same. I'm on H-Moonrunner, and the server has been dying/dead since late BC. It's not like you logged in one day and found out 65% of the population was gone.

Either re-roll and spend a month raising your 6 toons back to their max status (which is pretty easy, given all the XP nerfs and profession buffs), or wait for the coalesce.
    Or option 3, unsubscribe.

People demanding that Bliz implement VR across the game NOW are the same ones who will race here to bitch as soon as something goes wrong. Just like CRZ.
    Once again: people aren't demanding full roll out now, they're asking for information.

Edit:

It's been 7 days since they were merged. Maybe, I dunno, it's possible that Bliz needs more than a week's data to form opinions?
    I'm really surprised how many people have such a low opinion of Blizzard's competence and professionalism, to think that they'd announce this major feature without knowing in the most minute detail exactly how they're going to proceed with it.

Keep in mind that if Blizzard is thinking large-scale, CR will involve different combinations of about 200 realms for the United States alone. Faction balance, progression races and community will be abruptly changed, with few options for adjustments -- so Blizzard has to get these dozens upon dozens of matches right the first time.

That's a lot of research, thinking, planning and approval unrelated to the technical complexities of actually connecting realms -- and, given Blizzard's priority to release content, probably hadn't been done until now.

It's just the typical damned it they do, damned if they don't, forums gibbering..

Don't get me wrong, it's taken too long to get to this point, but we're there now, the tech was added with 5.4, the only thing that's left to work out at this point is which servers and going to be joined to which.

Anyone who's trying to claim we were promised it before now simply has trouble reading and understanding the words in the order in which they appear, which considering this is the internet is nothing new.
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

They sure are taking their sweet time. Boulderfist and Bloodscalp have been connected for 2 weeks now, you would think Blizzard would start connecting more realms by now. I guess they are content losing more subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    They sure are taking their sweet time. Boulderfist and Bloodscalp have been connected for 2 weeks now, you would think Blizzard would start connecting more realms by now. I guess they are content losing more subs.
    I love that you clearly have so much more information than the company that actually run the game and gather statistics on everything.

Perhaps there are still outstanding issues that need to be resolved? I seem to remember something about people losing access to their characters on the Armory, and also something about macros going missing. I know who'd be first in line to complain if they just rolled it out with those issues unresolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Perhaps there are still outstanding issues that need to be resolved? I seem to remember something about people losing access to their characters on the Armory, and also something about macros going missing. I know who'd be first in line to complain if they just rolled it out with those issues unresolved.
    This mostly. It's been a while since I've posted in this thread but it's well to keep in mind that what's going on with connected realms is equivalent to doing a beta of new technology on live. I'd rather they be patient and get it right than to go through all of the bugs and other BS that launched with CRZ. How people don't realize this is beyond comprehension.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

The latest notes imply most people will not experience connected realms, unless they re-roll on a low pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    As of this weekend, the PTR was still up, which means they are still tweaking stuff. If Blizzard rolled this out to all realms and it was horrible, wouldn't they lose subs then as well?

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    Or option 3, unsubscribe.

Once again: people aren't demanding full roll out now, they're asking for information.
    People in this very thread are asking why it has not been implemented already on their dead realms. You can twist that as not asking for a "full roll out" if it benefits you, I guess.

I'm really surprised how many people have such a low opinion of Blizzard's competence and professionalism, to think that they'd announce this major feature without knowing in the most minute detail exactly how they're going to proceed with it.
    How did you get this out of me saying that they might need more than a week's worth of data?