Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I didn't realize that it cost you money to make a character on a different server. Maybe that would've been a wise decision once you realized that your server was dying and that you weren't willing to spend money on a transfer.
    I should have to reroll my main and six other high level characters that I've put years into or spend nearly a hundred quid to move them? I don't think so dear.

Heh, I guess my Asterisk joke went over your head. Hint: * = asterisk.
    No it didn't, it just wasn't funny.

Anyway, here's what's making ME frustrated about this thread: You guys were told that you would get this new feature, but you were also told it wouldn't be immediately. Now you're expecting it immediately and complaining that it's taking time.
    Well if you'd read it properly you wouldn't be frustrated so you've only got yourself to blame. We don't want it immediately, we want information about a likely timescale and what realms are likely to be involved. There has not been one word about it on the official EU forum, absolutely no indication of whether we'll know anything soon or not until months down the line let alone when the feature will actually be implemented. Although I did receive an email offering me seven days free gametime to try out this amazing new connected realms feature they've implemented, which was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Woot way to insult those on dead realms with such a condescending post.. great job
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Woot way to insult those on dead realms with such a condescending post..
    I'm on a dead realm, and his post makes sense to me. Stop being so offended.

Coming Soon TM. As usual with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    So nearly 3 weeks from 5.4.

If im not mistaken, 2 realm have been "merged" for testing purpose but we dont have much update since.

Still No schedule and woweurope forums are flamed.

Maybe they keep informations for blizzcon?

Edit :Holy shit made this thread 1 month ago :/
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-02 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'm on a dead realm, and his post makes sense to me. Stop being so offended.
    Same. I'm on H-Moonrunner, and the server has been dying/dead since late BC. It's not like you logged in one day and found out 65% of the population was gone.

Either re-roll and spend a month raising your 6 toons back to their max status (which is pretty easy, given all the XP nerfs and profession buffs), or wait for the coalesce.

People demanding that Bliz implement VR across the game NOW are the same ones who will race here to bitch as soon as something goes wrong. Just like CRZ.

Edit:
    If im not mistaken, 2 realm have been "merged" for testing purpose but we dont have much update since.
    It's been 7 days since they were merged. Maybe, I dunno, it's possible that Bliz needs more than a week's data to form opinions?

It's only been a week since those two realms were merged. I'm guessing we'll hear more next week or the week after that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Same. I'm on H-Moonrunner, and the server has been dying/dead since late BC. It's not like you logged in one day and found out 65% of the population was gone.

Either re-roll and spend a month raising your 6 toons back to their max status (which is pretty easy, given all the XP nerfs and profession buffs), or wait for the coalesce.
    Or option 3, unsubscribe.

People demanding that Bliz implement VR across the game NOW are the same ones who will race here to bitch as soon as something goes wrong. Just like CRZ.
    Once again: people aren't demanding full roll out now, they're asking for information.

Edit:

It's been 7 days since they were merged. Maybe, I dunno, it's possible that Bliz needs more than a week's data to form opinions?
    I'm really surprised how many people have such a low opinion of Blizzard's competence and professionalism, to think that they'd announce this major feature without knowing in the most minute detail exactly how they're going to proceed with it.

Keep in mind that if Blizzard is thinking large-scale, CR will involve different combinations of about 200 realms for the United States alone. Faction balance, progression races and community will be abruptly changed, with few options for adjustments -- so Blizzard has to get these dozens upon dozens of matches right the first time.

That's a lot of research, thinking, planning and approval unrelated to the technical complexities of actually connecting realms -- and, given Blizzard's priority to release content, probably hadn't been done until now.

Deleted
    It's just the typical damned it they do, damned if they don't, forums gibbering..

Don't get me wrong, it's taken too long to get to this point, but we're there now, the tech was added with 5.4, the only thing that's left to work out at this point is which servers and going to be joined to which.

Anyone who's trying to claim we were promised it before now simply has trouble reading and understanding the words in the order in which they appear, which considering this is the internet is nothing new.

They sure are taking their sweet time. Boulderfist and Bloodscalp have been connected for 2 weeks now, you would think Blizzard would start connecting more realms by now. I guess they are content losing more subs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    They sure are taking their sweet time. Boulderfist and Bloodscalp have been connected for 2 weeks now, you would think Blizzard would start connecting more realms by now. I guess they are content losing more subs.
    I love that you clearly have so much more information than the company that actually run the game and gather statistics on everything.

Perhaps there are still outstanding issues that need to be resolved? I seem to remember something about people losing access to their characters on the Armory, and also something about macros going missing. I know who'd be first in line to complain if they just rolled it out with those issues unresolved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Perhaps there are still outstanding issues that need to be resolved? I seem to remember something about people losing access to their characters on the Armory, and also something about macros going missing. I know who'd be first in line to complain if they just rolled it out with those issues unresolved.
    This mostly. It's been a while since I've posted in this thread but it's well to keep in mind that what's going on with connected realms is equivalent to doing a beta of new technology on live. I'd rather they be patient and get it right than to go through all of the bugs and other BS that launched with CRZ. How people don't realize this is beyond comprehension.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The latest notes imply most people will not experience connected realms, unless they re-roll on a low pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    As of this weekend, the PTR was still up, which means they are still tweaking stuff. If Blizzard rolled this out to all realms and it was horrible, wouldn't they lose subs then as well?

Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    Or option 3, unsubscribe.

Once again: people aren't demanding full roll out now, they're asking for information.
    People in this very thread are asking why it has not been implemented already on their dead realms. You can twist that as not asking for a "full roll out" if it benefits you, I guess.

I'm really surprised how many people have such a low opinion of Blizzard's competence and professionalism, to think that they'd announce this major feature without knowing in the most minute detail exactly how they're going to proceed with it.
    How did you get this out of me saying that they might need more than a week's worth of data?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for that tldw but no words about connected realm in the developer round table 5.4?
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-08 at 10:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so hard to understand? It's been stated multiple times how connected realms are being dealt with. Two US realms will be the first to test it (Bouldersomething and Bladebla), if it works out fine and issues are ironed out, other realm connections will be announced and rolled out bit by bit. This will happen gradually as they ramp up to the next expansion release.

It was NEVER stated that connected realms would be implemented with 5.4 release, and they've been very informative on the status and what is happening when. Just read up. This isn't a feature u can just throw on live realms overnight, it has many many implicated problems that need to be dealt with on live and cannot really be tested in a PTR environment. This is why it will be slow-going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Why is it so hard to understand? It's been stated multiple times how connected realms are being dealt with. Two US realms will be the first to test it (Bouldersomething and Bladebla), if it works out fine and issues are ironed out, other realm connections will be announced and rolled out bit by bit. This will happen gradually as they ramp up to the next expansion release.

It was NEVER stated that connected realms would be implemented with 5.4 release, and they've been very informative on the status and what is happening when. Just read up. This isn't a feature u can just throw on live realms overnight, it has many many implicated problems that need to be dealt with on live and cannot really be tested in a PTR environment. This is why it will be slow-going.
    Plz read the thread's name : "connected realm not on 5.4"

It means i know it would not be implemented at 5.4. Do you get it ? Why do you keep saying i was thinking it ll come with 5.4? Learn to read issue here.

Now read the following : " but when"? Wich mean im asking a question on the schedule. We know nothing except it ll come " some time after 5.4". And we know how blizzard deals with its "soon" and "some time"

Im just asking for communication because we have no words on it. We basically had some communication on how it works the last month but nothing about a schedule. The two first realm have been connected 2 weeks ago and nothing since. This is really weird.

You say it ll slowly be implemanted until next expansion!? Do you have any blue words that say it could take 6 month or so?

So i can spread the information that it ll take more time than we though and maybe look at how things are going in 2-3 month?

Thanks
    Last edited by Iseeyou; 2013-10-08 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post

I am sorry but no, Blizzard has had plenty of time to resolve this issue and has failed to do so. People on dead/dying servers have been dealing with a poor playing experience for a very long time. World of Warcraft sucks as a single player game and that's what many have been left with. People need to just unsub until Blizzard takes care of this, otherwise you can expect them to get slow walking this.