Deleted

[Music] My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy a classic album of the decade?

Kanye came through with a top 10 rap album of all time. But is it a classic in the eyes of many people that hate rap?

Personally I think it's just high point to high point.
    You got that beat swap on Dark Fantasy, then the incredible 3rd verse of Gorgeous, the epic ballad that is Power followed by the incredible instrumental of All of the Lights and a who's who of famous vocalists, next you got the femcee coming through with a renegade on 3 of raps biggest names on Monster, followed by the Jay's triple entendre on So Appalled. Next you got those beautiful keys on Runaway and the crazy innovative instruments on Hell of a Night, to wrap up the album you got the top 5 of all time Blame Game and then you get to hear an awesome version of Gil Scott-Heron's most famous song.

But MMO Champ hate rap so it'll be interesting to hear what you guys think 3 years on.

Quote Originally Posted by dystin View Post
    Kanye came through with a top 10 rap album of all time. But is it a classic in the eyes of many people that hate rap?

Personally I think it's just high point to high point.
    You got that beat swap on Dark Fantasy, then the incredible 3rd verse of Gorgeous, the epic ballad that is Power followed by the incredible instrumental of All of the Lights and a who's who of famous vocalists, next you got the femcee coming through with a renegade on 3 of raps biggest names on Monster, followed by the Jay's triple entendre on So Appalled. Next you got those beautiful keys on Runaway and the crazy innovative instruments on Hell of a Night, to wrap up the album you got the top 5 of all time Blame Game and then you get to hear an awesome version of Gil Scott-Heron's most famous song.

But MMO Champ hate rap so it'll be interesting to hear what you guys think 3 years on.
    Classic?

No no, THIS is a classic:

No, but Kanye could be the biggest tool of the decade, though.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Classic?

No no, THIS is a classic:

d-d-don't push me cuz I'm close to the...edge!

I'm trying, not to looose my head. ah-ha-ha-ha-ha
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

When compared to other contemporary rap albums of the time, yes it's an incredibly brilliant album. Probably a high point for Mr. West and I'm not sure if he will ever top it. That being said I'm not sure it's ready to be considered a classic, but at some point it undeniably will in my opinion.

could you call it hip-hop

thank you

i would argue that it will be a classic in a couple of years, but i don't think it's very groundbreaking (classics seldom are)

Deleted
    It's good, by far his best.

Album of the decade though? Bitch please.

Yeah, Kanye's no classic. Not even close.
    Last edited by Stelio Kontos; 2013-09-05 at 12:43 PM.