Thread: Other hobbies?

Other hobbies?

Besides WoW...it kinda bore me out since I played it for so long...I still get on for 1-2 hours a day although sometimes I don't.Xbox bore me out around 5 years ago so yea....I still have 15k Gamerscore I think...so much money pumped, imagine 15k achives in 2007, it was only out for 2 years

Im into firearms right now(which is kinda expensive, the ammo is...I did manage to snag a few decent priced shooters at a local faire a month ago ), I go to gym from time to time, although sometimes I feel sore.
    College is kind of easy because I wasn't a dumbass like everyone and took courses on-line(with momma and brother helping me, we actually took near identical coursework)...even with 5 courses, I still finish them in a snap...so I find myself in lots and lots of free time. Any suggestions? Keep in mind this is Kentucky, right near the Equator, so it gets awfully hot....around 35-040C aka it can get 115 degrees..so outside activities are somewhat limited unless in the shade

10+ Year Old Account
    Learn a language, learn a skill.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not take up some musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    aka it can get 115 degrees..
    115 degrees in Kentucky?? I'm calling that bluff...

Kentucky, right near the Equator
    Lol not really...
    Last edited by TZucchini; 2013-09-03 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    115 degrees in Kentucky?? I'm calling that bluff...
    It can hit over 100*F in Minnesota, so I'd believe that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It can hit over 100*F in Minnesota, so I'd believe that.
    Highest recorded temperature in Kentucky was 114.

http://www.kyclimate.org/factsheets/...ightempky.html

But this seems to be a bit of a side track from the original subject...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    Keep in mind this is Kentucky, right near the Equator, so it gets awfully hot....around 35-040C aka it can get 115 degrees..so outside activities are somewhat limited unless in the shade
    You do realize the equator is actually crosses through Brazil, a few thousand miles south of Kentucky?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Support the Arsenal. You'll have to watch them on TV/online, so no need to go out.

And we've just bought Mesut Özil...Mesut Fucking Özil! I even learnt the Alt code for the umlaut thing...that's how good he is.

Alternatively get a girlfriend/boyfriend and shag a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Highest recorded temperature in Kentucky was 114.

http://www.kyclimate.org/factsheets/...ightempky.html

But this seems to be a bit of a side track from the original subject...
    True, I better get back on topic.

http://www.trailsrus.com/biking/

I'm not predictable in the least.

Still quite close in my opinion...idk it reached 110-115 im pretty sure. Mustve been what my thermometer got hot due to the metal parts maybe? Dunno. but it gets awfully hot here

I live just north of you, and it hasn't gotten that hot since last year. Only around 95 this year so far. It may feel like 100+ due to heat index (it does get pretty stuffy in this area).

As for hobby suggestions? Work out, go hiking, watch movies/tv, draw, read, write... My hobbies are rather limited. I have quit MMORPGs until either ESO or EQN come out. I play GTA4 on my computer (helicopter controls are pissing me off); I play Magic the Gathering, and play some D&D over roll20.net, and creating my own world for it as well.

Anything else, I have no idea what you could do, as I can't read your mind and know what really interests you. I could only list what I do, which isn't much.

This was painful to read. I can't even bring myself to share my hobbies with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    You do realize the equator is actually crosses through Brazil, a few thousand miles south of Kentucky?
    I think taking up geography would be a wise hobby for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Kentucky is closer to the arctic circle than the to the equator...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    I think taking up geography would be a wise hobby for him.
    Well played, sir. Well played.

Kentucky has some state wide cycling trails that would be worth checking out (perhaps better when the weather cools a bit tho)...also, fishing. Pretty inexpensive hobby to get into compared to most and depending on the type you do there can be a lot more to it than soaking bait and waiting for a bite.

You are in Kentucky. Just do all the red neck outdoors stuff. 4 wheeling through the hollars, horseback riding, travel to Tennessee to Norris Lake and do all the stuff that a gaint lake brings. I've been to some amazing golf courses down there, you could pick up that. Kentucky is full of wild life, pick up hunting (do it with a bow for more fun - also venison jerky is amazing). There are dozens, if not hundreds of things you can do to pass the time.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.