Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
58
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    The way things are going, WoW will end up going F2P. The difference is the "suckfest" begins sooner.

    Right now atleast I can say PvP is fun and Challenge Modes. But fucked if you think I'm going to start raiding again when I can limp dick my keyboard and experience what I wanted out of raids. Love my guild but damned if I'll waste time in Normals again.
    Eh? Refuse to do NM/HM raiding because LOLFR but you do Challenge Modes? You know you can easymode those on normal/heroic right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  2. #142
    Warchief Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The only thing ruining WoW is the Playerbase in general.

    Between the elitist "E-thletes" (lol), the nostalgic old grognards, the cluleless newbs, and the whiny slapped-faced gimme-gimmes, they have ALL helped kill WoW. IF WoW does die (big if), it'll be death by a thousand cuts like these.

    The rarest spawn in the whole game is apparently a player who is enjoying themselves....
    Wow is dead?

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    The rarest spawn in the whole game is apparently a player who is enjoying themselves....
    *Raises hand*

    Are you going to camp me? :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  4. #144
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No. Nobody ruined WoW. It's a better game than ever, objectively speaking. Of course, some people don't enjoy it as much as they used to, that's down to a lot of subjective factors.
    Really? You really said objectively speaking it's better than ever? First of all I don't think you can make that statement OBJECTIVELY but even if you could wouldn't the bleed of subscribers suggest that OBJECTIVELY it's not better than ever? I mean nothing what you said is objective, it's hard to take you seriously when you don't even know the words you are using. WoW for many players is obviously not better than it was ever. You can't make the statement that it is objectively better because most of the things you think are better about the game are entirely opinions. Some are unfounded but I'm sure some are reasonable they are never the less all opinions. By what empirical reasoning or measurement can you say that wow is better than ever? That's just a load of horse shit to speak objectively about it..
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-04 at 04:37 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    vanilla? casual as hell

    bc even more fucking casual

    wrath casualpalooza

    cata? hardcore twist turn fail

    mists CASUAL MIS CASUAL GONE MO CASUAL CASUAL @_@
    The deal is that WoW became WAAAY to casual. It's like keep adding more sugar to tea... it doesnt make it taste better.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If something takes more time, it is by definition, harder.

    Also, I take it you never actually tried 4 horsemen back in Vanilla, or KT, or M'uru, etc etc.
    It took longer because of artificial gating or grinding.
    Taking longer is NOT by definition harder.
    What part of resistance gear made an encounter hard ?
    It didn't, when in fact resistance gear made an encounter easier in being a flat, passive, reduction in damage taken.
    The gathering of the gear is what took the time and effort.

    What did attunements where repeating content no longer applicable to you or those needing it actually achieve aside from waste time and effort.

    The community is more knowledgeable than ever, and has access to more information than ever.
    You cannot compare the difficulty when you as a player are way more experienced.

    The content for the "hardcore" audience is still only being cleared by a small minority of the playerbase while relevant, so the difficulty is still there.
    Nothing is being ruined, just a lot of players simply don't give a damn about it anymore, because a watered down, trivialised experience is a compromise they are willing to take over the arrogant and elitist stench that has permeated traditional raiding.

  7. #147
    Oh a super original post!
    Im so excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It's not a question of the bait you use so much as the wrist action when you flick it. You want it to just touch it's tip into the moisture, tease it a few times before letting it plunge fully into the wetness. Then use a swift jerking action to keep it bobbing up and down until the end. Then, when you pull it out you'll get the best end result.

  8. #148
    Casuals can't really be entitled. Or they can be... but everyone is.

    People just want to get as much fun as possible out of a game, and an MMO is a longtime commitment between game provider and subscribers and MMOs are usually for this reason prone to feedback.

    The things is though, that no matter how hard casuals might've complained and whined about something in the end they'd not have gotten anything unless Blizzard had been 'greedy', in the sense that they were trying to get as much customers happy as possible and thus get as much money as possible.

    The casuals hold no blame. It's all entirely on Blizzard's shoulders in what direction they decided to take the game in.


    And honestly the casuals are right... the 'hardcores' are just a temporary bunch on the block that feel like superstars in WoW for averagely 2-3 years before they too get burned out from all the raiding and start playing the game more casual. There is almost no such thing as a permanently hardcore raider, they all quit after a few years. And then they turn into casuals and start realizing all the things that are lacking from the game to be able to have casual fun with it.
    ♦ Scepticist ♦ Critic ♦ INTJ

  9. #149
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    53
    at this point in the game, blizzard is milking the "casuals" for their money. that's really all there is to it. pre-LFR they had 12+ million subs... now they have a lil over what... 7 million? yeah the game is clearly better. The reason casuals ruined the game is because they whine about "I PAY $15 TOO!!!" and its like okay... but you should be able to do everything in the game. Game is a shell of its former self, I even read a casual say "wow was never a great game" LOL, its just so obvious.. So casuals can enjoy their watered down raids and whatever... Imma go play other games, like that new Final Fantasy MMO that looks great.

  10. #150
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Rotations were a lot simpler but I think healing was more difficult. Also, there were groups wiping on Sunwell trash well through Wrath release.
    Healing in BC was not that difficult. The main hassle was the potions logistic and the switch to alchemy to get the stone trinket. I would also argue that it was "difficult" because some classes lacked tools to deal with stuff like AOE damage.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If something takes more time, it is by definition, harder.

    Also, I take it you never actually tried 4 horsemen back in Vanilla, or KT, or M'uru, etc etc.
    It takes longer to walk a mile than to run a mile. Which one is harder? Hint: not the one that takes longer.

  12. #152
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    CoH and Chain Heal spam were hard, I heard.
    COH spam was early LK. But yeah they dont call SWP Shamanwell plateau for nothing ^^

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  13. #153
    Herald of the Titans Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    2,947
    It's threads like these, where I wish we wound finally put forth a proper definition of casual and just call shit players, shit players and dedicated players with time constraints just dedicated players with time constraints. Anyway, how would a playerbase, however you define them, be able to ruin a game (besides behaving badly)? There is only one instance that can ruin this game and that would be blizzard. While I'm not too keen on many aspects of the current wow considering the shit you see elswhere in game development at the moment, wow is actually still quite reasonable.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2013-09-04 at 05:16 AM.

  14. #154
    As a whole casuals did not ruin WoW. It is really Blizzard who is responsible in the end for the changes. If there is to be blame on casuals then it would be a segment of casuals and not all casuals just as being casual does not directly mean you are bad. There are bads that are casual and bads that are no-lifers. The no-lifers will usually hide as a casual and are known to spend countless hours on the forums everyday behaving as if they speak on behalf of all casuals. These players tend to be the hardcore fans or just the hardcore addicts who cant accept responsibility for their own shortcomings.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-09-04 at 05:32 AM.

  15. #155
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Downranking and the limited mana pools made healing relatively more difficult than it is today. Or do you find MoP healing more challenging? >.>
    I did kill KJ before 3.0, so I guess I can comment.
    I find early Mop healing was harder than BC. Mana was much much tighter in MOP. Not to mention there is a lot more stuff to avoid.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I laugh at the people who call casuals "entitled" because of content they want/pay to see, and yet somehow they're not blaming themselves for wanting to be "entitled" to exclusive content they pay for due to their own personal sacrifices they made IRL in favor of playing a game.
    Double standards ftl yes.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  16. #156
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Example: why would blizzard want to decasualize the game if most of its players play it casually?
    Non-casual gamers are more likely to stick with us. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  17. #157
    No, blizzard ruined it by catering to them. Casuals don't have enough knowledge of the game to understand what makes certain things good or bad generally, and therefore catering to them generally ruins the game (LFD, LFR, Normal/Heroic toggle, etc.)

  18. #158
    what the hell is a casual these days anyway. It has lost its meaning and now is just used as an insult. Yes blizzard made this game much easier and no i dont enjoy it that much either. Better than cataclysm still tho. And im still playing and enjoying

  19. #159
    Blizzard stated they changed the raiding lock because, apparently, casual felt that it was mandatory for them to do 10 and 25 men normal and hard mode and they had time restriction and all that crap


    It's now replace with Looking for retard and with the incoming flex for retard,
    So nothing has changed, it will always be mandatory to do all 3 modes ?

    You know, I never heard someone saying anything bad about 10 / 25 mode.
    Now, you have to face to new new elite of wow and with their op 10 men modes ( 6 friends leading the group and replacing 4 guys each weeks)

    Blizzard made some bad move and they are always saying ¨But it's for the casual gaming experience¨
    It's just a stupid excuse

  20. #160
    WoW is ruined?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •