... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    vanilla? casual as hell

bc even more fucking casual

wrath casualpalooza

cata? hardcore twist turn fail

mists CASUAL MIS CASUAL GONE MO CASUAL CASUAL @_@
    The deal is that WoW became WAAAY to casual. It's like keep adding more sugar to tea... it doesnt make it taste better.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If something takes more time, it is by definition, harder.

Also, I take it you never actually tried 4 horsemen back in Vanilla, or KT, or M'uru, etc etc.
    It took longer because of artificial gating or grinding.
    Taking longer is NOT by definition harder.
    What part of resistance gear made an encounter hard ?
    It didn't, when in fact resistance gear made an encounter easier in being a flat, passive, reduction in damage taken.
    The gathering of the gear is what took the time and effort.

What did attunements where repeating content no longer applicable to you or those needing it actually achieve aside from waste time and effort.

The community is more knowledgeable than ever, and has access to more information than ever.
    You cannot compare the difficulty when you as a player are way more experienced.

The content for the "hardcore" audience is still only being cleared by a small minority of the playerbase while relevant, so the difficulty is still there.
    Nothing is being ruined, just a lot of players simply don't give a damn about it anymore, because a watered down, trivialised experience is a compromise they are willing to take over the arrogant and elitist stench that has permeated traditional raiding.

Oh a super original post!
    Im so excited!

at this point in the game, blizzard is milking the "casuals" for their money. that's really all there is to it. pre-LFR they had 12+ million subs... now they have a lil over what... 7 million? yeah the game is clearly better. The reason casuals ruined the game is because they whine about "I PAY $15 TOO!!!" and its like okay... but you should be able to do everything in the game. Game is a shell of its former self, I even read a casual say "wow was never a great game" LOL, its just so obvious.. So casuals can enjoy their watered down raids and whatever... Imma go play other games, like that new Final Fantasy MMO that looks great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Rotations were a lot simpler but I think healing was more difficult. Also, there were groups wiping on Sunwell trash well through Wrath release.
    Healing in BC was not that difficult. The main hassle was the potions logistic and the switch to alchemy to get the stone trinket. I would also argue that it was "difficult" because some classes lacked tools to deal with stuff like AOE damage.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    If something takes more time, it is by definition, harder.

Also, I take it you never actually tried 4 horsemen back in Vanilla, or KT, or M'uru, etc etc.
    It takes longer to walk a mile than to run a mile. Which one is harder? Hint: not the one that takes longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    CoH and Chain Heal spam were hard, I heard.
    COH spam was early LK. But yeah they dont call SWP Shamanwell plateau for nothing ^^
    MMO player

It's threads like these, where I wish we wound finally put forth a proper definition of casual and just call shit players, shit players and dedicated players with time constraints just dedicated players with time constraints. Anyway, how would a playerbase, however you define them, be able to ruin a game (besides behaving badly)? There is only one instance that can ruin this game and that would be blizzard. While I'm not too keen on many aspects of the current wow considering the shit you see elswhere in game development at the moment, wow is actually still quite reasonable.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-09-04 at 05:16 AM.

As a whole casuals did not ruin WoW. It is really Blizzard who is responsible in the end for the changes. If there is to be blame on casuals then it would be a segment of casuals and not all casuals just as being casual does not directly mean you are bad. There are bads that are casual and bads that are no-lifers. The no-lifers will usually hide as a casual and are known to spend countless hours on the forums everyday behaving as if they speak on behalf of all casuals. These players tend to be the hardcore fans or just the hardcore addicts who cant accept responsibility for their own shortcomings.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-09-04 at 05:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Downranking and the limited mana pools made healing relatively more difficult than it is today. Or do you find MoP healing more challenging? >.>
    I did kill KJ before 3.0, so I guess I can comment.
    I find early Mop healing was harder than BC. Mana was much much tighter in MOP. Not to mention there is a lot more stuff to avoid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I laugh at the people who call casuals "entitled" because of content they want/pay to see, and yet somehow they're not blaming themselves for wanting to be "entitled" to exclusive content they pay for due to their own personal sacrifices they made IRL in favor of playing a game.
    Double standards ftl yes.
    MMO player

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Example: why would blizzard want to decasualize the game if most of its players play it casually?
    Non-casual gamers are more likely to stick with us. (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, blizzard ruined it by catering to them. Casuals don't have enough knowledge of the game to understand what makes certain things good or bad generally, and therefore catering to them generally ruins the game (LFD, LFR, Normal/Heroic toggle, etc.)

Deleted
    what the hell is a casual these days anyway. It has lost its meaning and now is just used as an insult. Yes blizzard made this game much easier and no i dont enjoy it that much either. Better than cataclysm still tho. And im still playing and enjoying

Blizzard stated they changed the raiding lock because, apparently, casual felt that it was mandatory for them to do 10 and 25 men normal and hard mode and they had time restriction and all that crap

It's now replace with Looking for retard and with the incoming flex for retard,
    So nothing has changed, it will always be mandatory to do all 3 modes ?

You know, I never heard someone saying anything bad about 10 / 25 mode.
    Now, you have to face to new new elite of wow and with their op 10 men modes ( 6 friends leading the group and replacing 4 guys each weeks)

Blizzard made some bad move and they are always saying ¨But it's for the casual gaming experience¨
    It's just a stupid excuse

WoW is ruined?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Blizzard stated they changed the raiding lock because, apparently, casual felt that it was mandatory for them to do 10 and 25 men normal and hard mode and they had time restriction and all that crap
    Thats total rubbish.

Casual players have never felt the need to do both 10 and 25 man modes, because they are casual and play whatever suits them. Also very few casual players did hard modes, because they took more time than casual players could commit to.

It was the whining from the so called 'hardcore' players that got the lock out changed, you know the ones that are willing to sacrifice their own lives and their actual enjoyment of the game for the sake of progression aka shiny epics.

Look everyone. It's this thread again.

i would personally just like to go back to the time where people were acknowledged for their achievements, they were rewarded , it motivated me to become good at the game , because blizz have listened to the people who arent motivated to be good at the game , they therefore removed all rewards from the players who are good at the game. The removal of 10 and 25 raid lockouts sortve just screwed raiding up for me. I always did a 25man guild run and 10 man pug , NOBODY was forced to do both , because why wud u do both , if 25 man gives better gear , y do 10 man ?

Deleted
    Casuals never ruined anything. People with entitlement issues who want everything here and now without putting any effort in is the problem to a lot of issues in general, not just WoW.

if only hardcore people played wow, blizz wouldn't make enough money to make the game anywhere near as good as it is....so to answer your question: no.