Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    And yet it would take me a long time to find a post where a casual has actually posted "Give me stuff or I will cancel my sub!!" but I can sure find posts were raiders are complaining that a casual gets purple coloured names on their gear (and honestly who the hell cares).

There are no LFR heroes claiming they are real raiders now, yet for some reason some raiders keep telling us the opposite and claiming it as fact.
    There was a thread on the official forums where someone had misinterpreted one of Ghostcrawler's tweets as that they'd gate out some of the last bosses in SoO from LFR. The following 3 pages were people saying they were quitting until someone brought up that Ghostcrawler didn't say anything like that at all.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    ....The following 3 pages were people saying .......
    3 pages worth of comments... on official forums... on a topic regarding a bluepost from GC himself.

THREE pages.

lel lel lel comedy gold.

I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE that such a MASSIVE amount of 'feedback' is what constitutes a 'casual decision-making powerhouse'.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine de Coolette View Post
    3 pages worth of comments... on official forums... on a topic regarding a bluepost from GC himself.

THREE pages.

lel lel lel comedy gold.

I'm SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE that such a MASSIVE amount of 'feedback' is what constitutes a 'casual decision-making powerhouse'.
    I'm only saying that I see people saying they'll quit if XXX happens or not happens all the time, when he says they're far and few between.
    You won't find an expanded version of my avatar here.

I absolutely think casuals ruined the game. Back in vanilla, epics were epic. You had to raid through the very first raid in order to be good enough for the next one. Resist gear had a purpose. Rep grinding was rewarding, although not game breaking. You had to travel far and wide for certain profession training. It gave you plenty of things to do, and it made it hard to have more than one character that was actually endgame suited. This formed a sense of character and server identity. Immersion was high back then, and that's what kept ME playing.

Fast forward to today. There is absolutely nothing that keeps me involved besides the same repetitive raid, and the same repetitive heroics. I can make as many alts as I want and get them geared enough to Q raid finder in a week only playing a few hours a day. If you take the challenge out of the game, it is not fun (for me). I don't like games being annoyingly hard (Think Vagrant Story), but I love a challenge and that's one of the reasons I like MMO's. I want everything about one expansion to last the whole expansion. I don't like this whole "Skip the previous patch completely because you can get gear that's better without touching it" thing they are doing. It seems to me, though, games like Everquest, Final Fantasy XI, and vanilla/TBC WoW are a dying breed.

I'm not really saying "The game sucks now! I wont support it!" I quit playing because I got bored. It's not because it's an old game, because I played Final Fantasy XI for six years until it ended up following a similar path as WoW. I played a few months in Vanilla, a few months in TBC, half of WOTLK, and all of cata. I touched MoP, but I didn't even get a character to level cap. Everything is just stale to me.

Slightly off topic:
    For example, it's the same reason I keep starting over on Skyrim. Once I get smithing and/or enchanting to 100, the game becomes too simple and easy, so I start over. On this file I'm buying nothing but lockpicks, avoiding smithing and enchanting completely (Although I'm disenchanting), not using trainers to level skills easily, I'm not leveling skills I'm not using just to gain levels quicker (Like Illusion), and I'm not doing silly things to get skills quicker (Sneak against a wall, hit Shadowmere with daggers, etc). It's actually somewhat challenging even on normal difficulty, and I've done more on this file than I have on any other file because I'm having fun with it. I look forward to a quest sending me on a dungeon because I might actually get light armor and sword skillups, instead of thinking "When will this stupid faction questline be over with".

Casual players isn't the right word, "long term bad players" is more the right word... you know, the LFR guys that demand everything is nerfed, or that they should get a full set of pvp gear from simply doing bg's, I think those ones have done the most harm.

Casuals didn't kill WoW, the fact that WoW is 10 years old and there are 10 times more MMO's to play now that are just different enough to be interesting than there were 5, 3 or even 2 years ago, is what "killed" it.

WoW still has 5 times (if not more) subscribers than the next most subscribed MMO out there, how can anyone call that "killed" or "dead?"

The decisions the development team has made over the last 10 years (which includes the decision to cater more directly to the "casual" player) has kept this game going for 10 years, and has made Blizzard one of the most succesful gaming companies in the business. And a lot of the people complaining that WoW is "dead" are still playing it...so it can't be all that bad.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2013-09-05 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    -SNIP-
    WoW's current model forces out people whose sole source of pride and fun related to this game was the fact that the next person was never [in the then-foreseeable future] going to get the gear and raid invites that they do? Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    It seems to me, though, games like Everquest, Final Fantasy XI, and vanilla/TBC WoW are a dying breed.
    It's almost like game companies KNOW people like you and RickJamesLich are an irrelevant minority not worth developing toward.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I'm only saying that I see people saying they'll quit if XXX happens or not happens all the time, when he says they're far and few between.
    I see those posts all the time too: Remove LFR or I quit, remove epic gear for casuals or I quit, remove titles and mounts from old raids or I quit.

There simply is no comparison between the number of so called hardcore crowd posts where they demanding things be removed or they'll quit vs the number of casuals demanding to have access or they'll quit.

LFR was not made because casuals wanted to raid, it was blizzards attempt to get casuals raiding. Casuals also didn't demand to have purple coloured gear but Blizzard gave it to them anyways so that they could feel special too. Blizzard made these choices not the player base. Yes you have whiners on both sides but the vocal minority on sites like this are the ones threatened that they will no longer be special snow flakes.

Now that blizzard has opened up the can of worms that is LFR and LFD it would be rude to remove it from so many people that enjoy it because of a handful of immature individuals that don't feel special anymore.

This is all about hardcores having to share the same oxygen as casuals. This is never about hardcores not having anything to do.

If someone needs so much status from a video game, they must have the self-esteem of a fucking gnat.

Imo player flying was the first step into dumbing down the game.

There's a major difference in getting to UBRS on a pvp server at primetime in vanilla, and flying straight into Mechanar in tbc, it only went downhill from there on.

WoW's current model forces out people whose sole source of pride and fun related to this game was the fact that the next person was never [in the then-foreseeable future] going to get the gear and raid invites that they do? Good riddance.
    ? I never was able to get into a good raid guild on WoW. I mostly just PVP on WoW. The concept of it was appealing to me, and if I wanted to start raiding I had to put forth actual effort to raise to the top. While I did join raid guilds, most of them were never any good, and I generally never got to see past the first few bosses. I was okay with that, though. It gave guilds incentive to improve, and they sometimes did.

It's almost like game companies KNOW people like you and RickJamesLich are an irrelevant minority not worth developing toward.
    Considering the peak of WoW and FFXI were when the games were actually challenging and immersive, I'd have to disagree. In fact, ever since FFXI started going easy-mode in 2009, it went from a steady 500k sub base for five years down to a staggering 250k.

We all know about WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

There's a major difference in getting to UBRS on a pvp server at primetime in vanilla, and flying straight into Mechanar in tbc, it only went downhill from there on.
    I also think there is a big gray area between difficulty and tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    This is all about hardcores having to share the same oxygen as casuals. This is never about hardcores not having anything to do.

If someone needs so much status from a video game, they must have the self-esteem of a fucking gnat.
    Funnily enough, snippets of info from Blizzard employees point out that the flow/cyclic change and replacement of gaming population within WoW itself has been on such a grand scale, that the amount of hardcore-raiding oldtimers still active is very, VERY scarce.

Funnily enough, snippets of info from Blizzard employees point out that the flow/cyclic change and replacement of gaming population within WoW itself has been on such a grand scale, that the amount of hardcore-raiding oldtimers still active is very, VERY scarce.
    Yup. There are scores of these threads for every hardcore, and a thousand casuals for each of these threads.

Blizzard only cares about the difficulty as far as they are getting $paid$. There would be NO LFR OR Normal if there were millions of hardcores. There aren't though.

quick someone make a thread named did hardcores ruin wow and if so how?

oh thats right . casuals dont do that sort of thing.

you know, whine about what other people are getting like a freakin baby.
    i5-3570K 4.2GHz :: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO :: ASRock Z75 Pro3 :: Corsair XMS3 8GB :: Crucial M4 256GB :: Radeon HD 7870 XT :: NZXT Source 210 (Black) :: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified :: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium ::

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post

Ahhh I loved the good old days of traveling to black rock mountain. Between rogues lurking around, so having to make a mad dash to the entrance, and raids heading into places like MC, there was always an awesome battle going down.

I didn't get that from reading his post at all. Odd.

Let me ask you this. Is killing an LFR boss as rewarding as defeating one that you've been working on for a few weeks? The whole 'pride' thing has nothing to do with knowing someone else can't clear a given hurdle (or even caring what anyone else does to begin with), but it's more about earning vs. being given an accomplishment.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Please stop talking about casuals vs hardcore for once. Lets start talking about real problem of WoW------->constant increase and demands of noob population in the game.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    you know, whine about what other people are getting like a freakin baby.
    You must be new here.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion