Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    That Q&A came out after the first talks about LFR hit.
    That Q&A was Blizzard's official explanation for why they created LFR, and it was posted on the day of LFR's release.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    I do not recall any statements saying "strictly" while there was posts referring to the purpose being a response to those who want to see the content.
    Please link a source for that. Seeing the content was one reason, but many players claim it was the only reason even though Blizzard has never put out any official statements to that effect. In fact, I posted an official statement which flat out refutes that misstatement. There's no dancing around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Obviously, the latter is the one showing "entitlement". The casual is just asking Blizzard to act in their own best interest.
    That's some election-cycle quality spin right there. Impressive.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    I will never understand why people prefered to have to: feed pets with shit, buy vials and poison mats, buy arrows, buy runestones for portals, symbols for paladin buffs and all that crap. I hated all of that stuff. Maybe the raids were more fun back then but these minor inconviniences really bothered me always and I don't miss them. Also mounts @ lvl 40&60 was total bullshit, 20&40 is much better for leveling.
    Does anyone remember how boring leveling lockpicking was? Because I do. This brings me to weapon skills, when you got a new bow and you used a gun before all your attacks miss because of your skill being level 1 instead of 200 :/

On topic, not casuals ruined the game but blizzard that wanted more income by making the game attractive, faster, convinient and less time consuming.
    So yeah, Blizzard made decisions that are ruining the game based around casual players is what you're saying. This is why devs should not pay attention to forums ever. People will complain no matter what. If you listen to them, you're done.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Normal mode is already way too difficult. The gap between LFR and normal mode is ten times bigger than the gap between normal and heroic which is major problem, and why so few of LFR players ever move on to the next level.
    I'd say 'why bother' is a bigger factor in not moving on than 'it's too hard'. There's a steady drop in first-boss attempts across raid tiers since LFR's introduction, and I find it difficult to believe that folks are hesitant to give it a shot because they heard how tough it may or may not be. It's far more likely that they simply don't see a need to bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's some election-cycle quality spin right there. Impressive.
    So, you think someone asking Blizzard to do something that would be contrary to their business interests, and someone asking Blizzard to do otherwise, are equivalent?

Casuals are in the enviable position that their interests, and Blizzards, are in closer alignment than are the interests of the entitled elitists. So the casuals don't have to make a self-serving argument; they can get the same effect with a principled one.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

So, you think someone asking Blizzard to do something that would be contrary to their business interests, and someone asking Blizzard to do otherwise, are equivalent?

Casuals are in the enviable position that their interests, and Blizzards, are in closer alignment than are the interests of the entitled elitists. So the casuals don't have to make a self-serving argument; they can get the same effect with a principled one.
    They're making just as entitled an argument as any other group of players might be (lets pretend for a moment that the playerbase is so easily fragmented into player types). The humorous tidbit here is that a) most casual-centric requests would serve to decrease sub stability (by effectively making content consumable at a faster rate), and b) Blizzard has been listening and making efforts towards said casual playerbase, and it's still not working out in their business interests.

casuals didn't ruin wow, although some may have degraded the community. the arena crybabies ruined all hope of class balance and the 1 who truly ruined the game is kalgan!

They're making just as entitled an argument as any other group of players might be (lets pretend for a moment that the playerbase is so easily fragmented into player types). The humorous tidbit here is that a) most casual-centric requests would serve to decrease sub stability (by effectively making content consumable at a faster rate), and b) Blizzard has been listening and making efforts towards said casual playerbase, and it's still not working out in their business interests.
    Where are all these supposed demands by casuals? Blizzard has reacted to people leaving the game not to people demanding the game be changed on the forums.

I'd say 'why bother' is a bigger factor in not moving on than 'it's too hard'.
    You can say whatever you want, but it doesn't make it true. Multiple blue posts have said normal mode raids are too hard. It might not be the main reason or the only reason why people aren't moving up from LFR, but I know for a fact that it is the limiting factor for few extremely casual "friends and family" type of guilds I have some contact with.

They would want to do normal modes and maybe even try heroic, but it's just not possible in MoP for a guild that cleared normal mode 10man Dragon Soul regardless of LFR and had few decent tries on heroic bosses there. Horridon and Council of Elders was just too much, and prevented enjoying raiding in this tier..

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Where are all these supposed demands by casuals?
    Nowhere. It's just a bullshit myth made up by the special snowflakes. Only demands from so-called casual players that I have ever seen in this or the official forums are from obvious trolls.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Nowhere. It's just a bullshit myth made up by the special snowflakes. Only demands from so-called casual players that I have ever seen in this or the official forums are from obvious trolls.

I don't know if you can say the casual complaints didn't exist, they created a lot of problems like LFR, LFD (guys that were just bad at PvE were automatically given a group without ever having to learn their class, ninja's could roll on whatever they wanted), and casual isn't the right word here, but you know what I mean lol. Now the game is all about queue's and teaming up with random strangers you'll never see again, was actually fun and felt like you were doing something interested when you had to make a trip there, when people wouldn't roll on your gear for the sake of pissing you off (when they don't need the item lol).... made you feel like you were actually doing a dungeon.

This probably already been said, but casuals themselves did nothing but help the game expand. Blizzard themselves put too much emphasis on the casual content (not saying this stuff should go away) and a lot of hardcore players moved on from the game + no new ones taking their place because of multiple reasons, but one being that the content isn't challenging enough. A lot of gamers that haven't played wow look at it as a casual game b/c there isn't enough emphasis on difficult content.

Proof: players have to create their own competitions to make the game more interesting/challenging. ie world firsts, region first, guild vs guild raid races. If the content was hard enough even best wouldn't clear it in 2 weeks every tier
    Last edited by Aboubacar; 2013-09-07 at 03:59 PM.

Millennials. Millennials ruined WoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0o9clVQu8

It's like the old 1951 story The Marching Morons. The whole "colonize Mars" thing is just our plan to solve the Millennials Problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    I don't know if you can say the casual complaints didn't exist, they created a lot of problems like LFR, LFD (guys that were just bad at PvE were automatically given a group without ever having to learn their class, ninja's could roll on whatever they wanted),
    Not talking about valid concerns that cover all players, but the supposed "gimme loot for free" or "epics should be mailed to me for no effort at the start of month" types of complaints. Those never existed.

Your other examples like people ninjaing in LFD/LFR was a problem for everybody, even to the hardcore players trying to level up their alts.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Casuals did not ruin WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Of course they are not happy, they got 5.0 with a bajillion dailies after Cata 4.3 and yeah, that caused a massive exodus. But if you think the solution is to return to TBC, you're delusional.
    Actually the exodus started when Blizzard nerfed the Cata Heriocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Idk why, the difficulty level was fine, the queues were just abysmal. something like 40minutes for a dps at one point.

I didn't mind wiping with strangers as long as they learned from their mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And yet, it's the whines from wannabe hardcores that gave us early Cata and early MOP. Ironic, isn't it?
    Oh I enjoyed Early Cata & Early MoP, I'm glad they put there foot down in MoP.

The Lightbringer
    Not according to the developers. You'll excuse me if I'll take their word for it.

Oh I enjoyed Early Cata & Early MoP, I'm glad they put there foot down in MoP.
    I didn't enjoy either a bit. Having to put aside 2 hours in addition to raiding to get something done is silly.

So Grogo, who is more entitled? The casual who is asking Blizzard to cater to a majority customer demographic, or a hardcore who is asking Blizzard to design the game around a minority hardcore demographic?

Obviously, the latter is the one showing "entitlement". The casual is just asking Blizzard to act in their own best interest.

It's kind of odd you can't see this, but, as you say, the entitled are so annoyingly clueless.
    Well Osmeric, you gotta admit though regardless if WoW was a new MMO & less Hardcore than Ultima / EQ. Making things more difficult & having people put in more work into it they will mostly stay longer & they will not leave as fast as they do now a days.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-09-07 at 05:45 PM.

Bad players make the game worse by suggesting their bad ideas, not casuals. Casuals are just players who don't invest that much time in a game. You don't need to invest alot of time in game like WoW to experience it all. I know plenty of casuals who have done 13/13 HC ToT. But then there are good and bad casuals of course.