Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ...
9
49
57
58
59
60
61
... LastLast
  1. #1161
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So if I put a night elf on a box and sold it to the public, I'd be a millionaire then?
    I should have bolded the part where I said "it's a mix of tings but quite honestly the cover art had more to do with it then raiding" which is true. Nuance is also not taught in schools these days.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    somewhat agre here.. blizzard has not let anything compete with raiding except for the extreame end of pvp. you cant get get nearly as good as the HC raiders. even crafted gear for a given patch normally requires materials you cant obtain outside of raiding.. (and no you cant buy them with valor points either)
    and it's even worse in mists where valor rewards have taken a back seat and don't even exist in this patch. It's fucking stupid what do they expect people to do? Well they expect people to raid or consume raid content at any rate. Exactly because raids and raiding content ENTERTAINED NOBODY IN THE PAST and now they think it will serve as a catch all to entertain everybody. My hope is that they realize it's a grave mistake they've made.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 06:46 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  2. #1162
    your never going to get the HC players to admit anything is wrong. life is peachy.. cause thier guild can do HC so can yours.. what they fail to mention is that the top 5 guilds on the server.. after 8 years.. has the best players.. and its unlikly to change anytime soon. overtime players with the time and ability will gravitate to the best guilds. im sure almost everyone here can name at least 2 or 3 of the top guilds on their server.. tell me something.. why dont they have problems recruiting?? heres a clue.. thier the best on their server... (getting quality players is a different issue).

    they have long gotten rid of the clueless and incapable. Some of us though. perfer to play with family and friends.. as such the majority of guilds below your HC guilds are made of of these types of players.. sure 2-3 (sometimes more) might be capable of HC play.. but they would have to leave behind everyone they know because their are a few in the guild who simply cant play at the level they can.. and these types of guilds make up WAY more of the raiding base than all the HC guilds combined. so if the game is being taylored for the 2-3 guilds at the top.. it sends a message to the rest .. so sorry.. so sad.. but look at all the shiney gear they are wearing and be happy... for them...
    I have always been a fan of HC guilds should get MORE loot.. (with unique HC bosses dropping unique gear) not better quality.. i was of the same opinion back when Wrath had 10/25.
    that being said.. i thought the death buff that you recieved in LFR would have been a great raid saver back in cataclysm and normal modes. i still think it should be used with maybe a timer per boss that gives extra loot so if you sit there and go through your 5th wipe.. well.. you loose the extra loot (kind of a get better thing)

  3. #1163
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    your never going to get the HC players to admit anything is wrong. life is peachy.. cause thier guild can do HC so can yours.. what they fail to mention is that the top 5 guilds on the server.. after 8 years.. has the best players.. and its unlikly to change anytime soon. overtime players with the time and ability will gravitate to the best guilds. im sure almost everyone here can name at least 2 or 3 of the top guilds on their server.. tell me something.. why dont they have problems recruiting?? heres a clue.. thier the best on their server... (getting quality players is a different issue).
    The sad thing is that the top guilds on our server have been very unstable be cause it's hard to even get a full raid off on low-progression servers. Even our top guilds can't retain a stable base and many of them have even tried relocating to higher progression servers for the sake of a bigger recruiting pool. More often than not, however, they die shortly after the relocation. Kind of sad.

  4. #1164
    if low pop servers cant field a single topend guild then that just shows how bad things have gotten in terms of difficulty. im sorry the top end players need to realize that they have a team full of players who are like them or capable of following orders like them. its like showing up at a playground with championship college team or nba team and then saying everything is just fine when they win the 20th scrim game in a row.

  5. #1165
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No I give it exactly the credit it's due. I just don't subscribe to the fairy tale that wows end game (raiding) is what keeps it going when the vast overwhelming majority of people were not actually raiding and when given an alternative that rewarded as well they chose the alternative. Given how low the participation rates were I feel it's most of you who give it far to much. As for the items you list you notice that most have generally awarded little to no character progression certainly not enough to compete with raiding once again.
    Let's go over some things to what makes gear upgrades feel good and fun and thus driving people to pay 15 a month:

    1. You feel your power increasing when you can kill things faster
    2. An obstacle that you could not beat before is now possible
    3. Perhaps you enjoy the gear's look
    4. You do things that you think is fun while getting new gears
    5. There is enough activities to do so you aren't out of content

    Raids match these points while making each iteration feel new and fresh. Sadly to say, there is currently no other system that provide a new and fresh experience while obtaining gear patch after patch. How many NPCs do you think you would kill before you give up and say "there are other F2P games that provide this exact experience so why am I paying 15 a month" (aka D3). How many dailies, pet battles, area explorations do you think you will pay 15 a month for and how fast do you expect new content to come out (think Skyrim)? I cannot speak for 7 million+ players who are willing to pay 15 bux every month when there are a large array of cheaper games out there. But my guess is the successful raiding game, while matching the above points, is what makes people shelling out 15 month after month. If you don't believe raiding is the lure, what do you think is the factor(s) that keep players paying?

    Again, I am not saying raiding IS the only thing. Afterall, 2nd life was really successful without raiding as well (dunno about them now). But fact is subscription based MMORPG genre as a whole has not found a sustainable system as of yet apart from raiding. It is totally possible for a company to come up with an idea that revolutionizes MMORPG genre alltogether. But I am fairly confident that company will not be Blizzard since it is very difficult to think outside of a rather successful box.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  6. #1166
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I should have bolded the part where I said "it's a mix of tings but quite honestly the cover art had more to do with it then raiding" which is true. Nuance is also not taught in schools these days.

    - - - Updated - - -



    and it's even worse in mists where valor rewards have taken a back seat and don't even exist in this patch. It's fucking stupid what do they expect people to do? Well they expect people to raid or consume raid content at any rate. Exactly because raids and raiding content ENTERTAINED NOBODY IN THE PAST and now they think it will serve as a catch all to entertain everybody. My hope is that they realize it's a grave mistake they've made.

    Perhaps you bought the game because of the night elf on the cover, but I can tell you that there's a pretty big fan base for blizzard and their name has gotten by on word of mouth for almost 2 decades now. Stuff like raiding is *why* blizzard gets word of mouth publicity from fans, they were (not so much now) known for going the extra mile in every game. It's changed quite a bit over the last year or so with the "re-use content to save money" thing, but back in the day, it was dramatically different.


    As for raid gear being better than other gear, PvP gear always had an edge until recently, minus sometimes a weird set combination, trinket, or legendary weapon. The reason why raid gear is better than what you see in dungeons should be pretty self explanatory.

  7. #1167
    Oh please, the big rush of Blizzard fanboys that came into WoW when it launched didn't even know what a "tank" was at first. Raids are some stank bullshit left over from EverQuest that only persist because the devs were EverQuest dorks back in the day.

  8. #1168
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    your never going to get the HC players to admit anything is wrong. life is peachy.. cause thier guild can do HC so can yours.. what they fail to mention is that the top 5 guilds on the server.. after 8 years.. has the best players.. and its unlikly to change anytime soon. overtime players with the time and ability will gravitate to the best guilds. im sure almost everyone here can name at least 2 or 3 of the top guilds on their server.. tell me something.. why dont they have problems recruiting?? heres a clue.. thier the best on their server... (getting quality players is a different issue).

    they have long gotten rid of the clueless and incapable. Some of us though. perfer to play with family and friends.. as such the majority of guilds below your HC guilds are made of of these types of players.. sure 2-3 (sometimes more) might be capable of HC play.. but they would have to leave behind everyone they know because their are a few in the guild who simply cant play at the level they can.. and these types of guilds make up WAY more of the raiding base than all the HC guilds combined. so if the game is being taylored for the 2-3 guilds at the top.. it sends a message to the rest .. so sorry.. so sad.. but look at all the shiney gear they are wearing and be happy... for them...
    I have always been a fan of HC guilds should get MORE loot.. (with unique HC bosses dropping unique gear) not better quality.. i was of the same opinion back when Wrath had 10/25.
    that being said.. i thought the death buff that you recieved in LFR would have been a great raid saver back in cataclysm and normal modes. i still think it should be used with maybe a timer per boss that gives extra loot so if you sit there and go through your 5th wipe.. well.. you loose the extra loot (kind of a get better thing)

    I can agree with a lot of your points here, it is difficult for guys that want to break into raiding to actually be able to do it, and there are times where people do say "this was easy for me so it should be easy for you to do". There's a lot of reasons for that though, wow in the present provides no real challenge to people leveling up, the stuff that used to was nerfed into oblivion. Stuff like cc'ing before pulls, teaming up for quests, the risk of dying, all has been eliminated (along with a lot of other stuff like socializing) - while that stuff isn't going to make anyone the perfect raider, it demonstrates that in certain levels of the game, you need to plan things out, coordinate, and put in some effort. Now people get from 1 to 90 with almost no hassle during the grind, and go through LFD and LFR and have the same experience, then they get to raiding and it's like a completely different game. I'm not saying make everything impossibly hard, but blizz took out way too many challenges and made wow look like a much different game than it is at max level.


    And I don't think wiping in raids, or not even being able to get into raids makes someone a "loser", casuals put that mentality on themselves. You can still have a lot of fun in the game without raiding, at least I and many others did.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Oh please, the big rush of Blizzard fanboys that came into WoW when it launched didn't even know what a "tank" was at first. Raids are some stank bullshit left over from EverQuest that only persist because the devs were EverQuest dorks back in the day.

    If WoW didn't have stuff like forming up with teammates, taking on big challenges, going into raids, battle grounds, world pvp, the game wouldn't be around today I bet. And the word tank was used long before wow, if you played wc3 or a lot of other games, you'd know that.

  9. #1169
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Let's go over some things to what makes gear upgrades feel good and fun and thus driving people to pay 15 a month:

    1. You feel your power increasing when you can kill things faster
    2. An obstacle that you could not beat before is now possible
    3. Perhaps you enjoy the gear's look
    4. You do things that you think is fun while getting new gears
    5. There is enough activities to do so you aren't out of content

    Raids match these points while making each iteration feel new and fresh. Sadly to say, there is currently no other system that provide a new and fresh experience while obtaining gear patch after patch. How many NPCs do you think you would kill before you give up and say "there are other F2P games that provide this exact experience so why am I paying 15 a month" (aka D3). How many dailies, pet battles, area explorations do you think you will pay 15 a month for and how fast do you expect new content to come out (think Skyrim)? I cannot speak for 7 million+ players who are willing to pay 15 bux every month when there are a large array of cheaper games out there. But my guess is the successful raiding game, while matching the above points, is what makes people shelling out 15 month after month. If you don't believe raiding is the lure, what do you think is the factor(s) that keep players paying?

    Again, I am not saying raiding IS the only thing. Afterall, 2nd life was really successful without raiding as well (dunno about them now). But fact is subscription based MMORPG genre as a whole has not found a sustainable system as of yet apart from raiding. It is totally possible for a company to come up with an idea that revolutionizes MMORPG genre alltogether. But I am fairly confident that company will not be Blizzard since it is very difficult to think outside of a rather successful box.
    Dungeons also match all those points. I disagree about each iteration feeling new and fresh. It feels terrible stale and old. Precisely because of the focus on the raiding.

    What do I believe the lure is? Well it's multifaceted obviously but the FANTASY that content which so few people historically participated in is also somehow magically responsible for entertaining and keeping those player subscribed may as well be the tooth fairy. Considering people did everything they could to get out of raiding (notice in cataclysm people gearing about patches not bosses) and the only current success of raiding in terms of participation is in lfr (where people are abandoning normal raids in favor of the far more accessible lfr) it strikes me as absolutely LUDICROUS to claim the success of the game is based on raids or that raids had any big impact. It was marginal at best. The elf on the box had far more to do with attracting players and lvling to 60 or 70 kept them far more entertained for far longer in vanilla and tbc than any raiding did. It's not I who attributes to little of the success of wow to raiding. Its' you who attributes far to much to it's success. Which is nothing new. It's always been that way. Especially among raiders who's egos and vanity is often quite enormous.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Oh please, the big rush of Blizzard fanboys that came into WoW when it launched didn't even know what a "tank" was at first. Raids are some stank bullshit left over from EverQuest that only persist because the devs were EverQuest dorks back in the day.
    Essentially this. Raids only exist because the developers are ex EQ players and they continue to be the only serious form of end game because the developers are bereft of any imagination or creativity to do anything more. They are stuck 10 years in the past.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Perhaps you bought the game because of the night elf on the cover, but I can tell you that there's a pretty big fan base for blizzard and their name has gotten by on word of mouth for almost 2 decades now. Stuff like raiding is *why* blizzard gets word of mouth publicity from fans, they were (not so much now) known for going the extra mile in every game. It's changed quite a bit over the last year or so with the "re-use content to save money" thing, but back in the day, it was dramatically different.


    As for raid gear being better than other gear, PvP gear always had an edge until recently, minus sometimes a weird set combination, trinket, or legendary weapon. The reason why raid gear is better than what you see in dungeons should be pretty self explanatory.
    So here we go once again. We have what YOU can tell me and we have the FACT that raiding has historically had very low participation. I don't understand why you keep feeling the need to bring up your experience when you KNOW it's anecdotal and not universal in the slightest. When it's not representative of anything outside of your narrow view. Oh wait that must be it. Never mind. Carry on.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 07:51 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #1170
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    So here we go once again. We have what YOU can tell me and we have the FACT that raiding has historically had very low participation. I don't understand why you keep feeling the need to bring up your experience when you KNOW it's anecdotal and not universal in the slightest. When it's not representative of anything outside of your narrow view. Oh wait that must be it. Never mind. Carry on.

    If raiding has had low participation, then who here has never raided before Cata? Your facts are based on your opinion, whether you want to admit it or not. You say I'm bringing up my own experience, but again, if anyone here has an experience where they never raided, speak up and let's hear it. We always see people on these forums saying they are "casual", now it's gut check time lol. Also, if wow didn't have raiding, it's been established that players would be bored pretty fast, just look at other games on the market right now. If there's not much of a reason to hit max level, how many will stick around?

  11. #1171
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If raiding has had low participation, then who here has never raided before Cata? Your facts are based on your opinion, whether you want to admit it or not. You say I'm bringing up my own experience, but again, if anyone here has an experience where they never raided, speak up and let's hear it. We always see people on these forums saying they are "casual", now it's gut check time lol. Also, if wow didn't have raiding, it's been established that players would be bored pretty fast, just look at other games on the market right now. If there's not much of a reason to hit max level, how many will stick around?
    No they are not my opinion they are based on the statements made by the developers themselves. Not my opinion. THEIR DATA AND THEIR FACTS. It is exactly the precise reason you see LFR created. See you don't get it your asking people on a forum who are primarily raiders or ex raiders who come to the forum. It's a sample bias in the same way your narrow view of your circle of people is the exact same bias.

    It's not established that if wow didn't have raiding it would be pretty boring because we can safely assume that the developers wouldn't just sit on their hands and asses not making raids and saying "hey guys we got nothin". We can safely assume that they would be making SOMETHING ELSE THAT WASN'T RAIDING. I mean all of that is irellvant the simple fact is that end game for most players wasn't raiding prior to lfr especially. End game for most players for years was hitting lvl 60 or 70 and then quitting or lvling alts or pvping or running a scant few heroic dungeons (more so this after lfd was introduced). NONE OF IT WAS RAIDING. Not at least until wotlk with far more accessible 10 mans and even then it wasn't as much as lfr. How many stuck around? Well not many they left but more came back and the game has had an incredible churn of subscribers. Which is still ultimately to say RAIDING HAD VERY LITTLE impact on keeping players subscribed because it entertained so few of them. I don't know how else to put it but you live in a fantasy.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 07:58 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  12. #1172
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    just for the record, I do not respond to vesselblah on threads, and suggest readers look at the 4.1 gy change, look at the blue post, and draw their own conclusions about who understands what and the motives of the other party in this exchange (also look at both of our posting histories, it should prove illuminating).
    I'm not gonna bother looking into your posting history, but if it's anything like the above example you never bother to read what you're replying to and can't do basic deduction.

    I never said Blizz didn't fail with that change, what I am saying is that they didn't fail it on purpose. There's pretty fucking huge difference between the two.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

  13. #1173
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    If WoW didn't have stuff like forming up with teammates, taking on big challenges, going into raids, battle grounds, world pvp, the game wouldn't be around today I bet. And the word tank was used long before wow, if you played wc3 or a lot of other games, you'd know that.
    Five or six years from now your average gamer kiddie won't even know what "raiding" is, unless some other game applies the term to some other activity. Tell me I'm wrong.

  14. #1174
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No they are not my opinion they are based on the statements made by the developers themselves. Not my opinion. THEIR DATA AND THEIR FACTS. It is exactly the precise reason you see LFR created. See you don't get it your asking people on a forum who are primarily raiders or ex raiders who come to the forum. It's a sample bias in the same way your narrow view of your circle of people is the exact same bias.

    It's not established that if wow didn't have raiding it would be pretty boring because we can safely assume that the developers wouldn't just sit on their hands and asses not making raids and saying "hey guys we got nothin". We can safely assume that they would be making SOMETHING ELSE THAT WASN'T RAIDING. I mean all of that is irellvant the simple fact is that end game for most players wasn't raiding prior to lfr especially. End game for most players for years was hitting lvl 60 or 70 and then quitting or lvling alts or pvping or running a scant few heroic dungeons (more so this after lfd was introduced). NONE OF IT WAS RAIDING. Not at least until wotlk with far more accessible 10 mans and even then it wasn't as much as lfr. How many stuck around? Well not many they left but more came back and the game has had an incredible churn of subscribers. Which is still ultimately to say RAIDING HAD VERY LITTLE impact on keeping players subscribed because it entertained so few of them. I don't know how else to put it but you live in a fantasy.

    So if Ghostcrawler says "heroics should be hard" and you disagree with that, it sounds like you are picking and choosing quotes that you just happen to like from blizzard. And wouldn't it be weird, if after you are saying such a low portion of the game actually raided, nobody in here came out and said "I never raided before". We will see if this actually happens or not. There's plenty of people that will say they are casual here, so surely you agree we should be getting at least a few, right?



    And if blizz didn't make raiding, what else would they have done? Make 7 man dungeons? Which sounds more appealing a 40 or 25 man raid or a raid in which you can bring 7 players, instead of 5?


    And end game for you is very end game from many people - you really think most people that hit 70 just don't play on that toon, and instead level up an alt? Come on, surely you can agree this is ridiculous.


    And Kara was just as accessible as wotlk with 10 mans, I already know what you're goig to say here though.


    And raiding probably has a much stronger impact then you think, considering many of wow's competitors flop because they lack strong raids at max level.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Five or six years from now your average gamer kiddie won't even know what "raiding" is, unless some other game applies the term to some other activity. Tell me I'm wrong.

    Dungeons and raids are a normal part of an MMO, everyone knows that. Who would buy an MMO when they have no idea what's in it? Come on man, despite what Glorious Leader is saying, people don't just buy wow because of the night elf that's on the box.

  15. #1175
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    And if blizz didn't make raiding, what else would they have done? Make 7 man dungeons? Which sounds more appealing a 40 or 25 man raid or a raid in which you can bring 7 players, instead of 5?
    The 7.

    I love how important you think your stupid hobby is to the game when most players have never done it and don't care about it.

  16. #1176
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Dungeons also matches all those points and also made each iteration new and fresh. What do I believe the lure is? Well it's multifaceted obviously but the FANTASY that content which so few people historically participated in is also somehow magically responsible for entertaining and keeping those player subscribed may as well be the tooth fairy. Considering people do everything they could to get out of raiding (notice in cataclysm people gearing about patches not bosses) and the only current success of raiding in lfr (where people are abandoning normal raids in favor of the far more accessible lfr) it strikes me as aboslutely LUDICROUS to claim the success of the game is based on raids or that raids had any big impact. It was marginal at best. The elf on the box had far more to do with attracting players and lvling to 60 or 70 kept them far more entertained for far longer in vanilla and tbc than any raiding did.
    Dungeon is essentially raiding in a smaller proportion in terms of gameplay.
    LFR is also raiding by definition.

    The elf on the box might be what attracted a person to purchase the game. The new and fresh leveling process is what kept the players playing until max level. Raiding is what keep the players subbed after max level. I have been saying this and apparently you happen to agree in your post?

    I am not talking about raid tuning or specifically 10/25 here (historically speaking, raid would be 40 or more ppl since EQ until TBC). When I was talking about raiding, I was talking about the tiered, progressive, grouped gameplay. Remove it, you will not have subscription based WoW. I guess when you said raiding (the original post from you that I quoted), you were specifically thinking of 25man heroic raiding and LFR is not raiding or something?
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

  17. #1177
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    l. Raiding is what keep the players subbed after max level. I have been saying this and apparently you happen to agree in your post?
    No I don't agree. LVLING was the end game for people. Raiding could not serve as end game for most people because IT DIDN'T. We know this as a fact. Since so few people ACTUALLY PARTICIPATED in the act. It's utterly fucking asinine to say well raiding kept people entertained and subscribed at max lvl WHEN NEXT TO NOBODY FUCKING RAIDED.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    So if Ghostcrawler says "heroics should be hard" and you disagree with that, it sounds like you are picking and choosing quotes that you just happen to like from blizzard. And wouldn't it be weird, if after you are saying such a low portion of the game actually raided, nobody in here came out and said "I never raided before". We will see if this actually happens or not. There's plenty of people that will say they are casual here, so surely you agree we should be getting at least a few, right?

    If Ghostcrawler says "heroics should be hard" that's his opinion and ultimately his opinion and taste will influence design. He got lots of push back on that from cataclysm and well yea we know how that worked out. If ghostcralwer says "historically very players actually ever raided" then he's not giving us his opinion he's giving us a fact that he knows is a fact because he has access to the data. It would not be weird if nobody ever came to this forum and answered your clarion call (although it's certainly possible somebody will) because few players ever actually go on forums, even the official ones let alone 3rd party fan sites populated primarily by raiders and hardcore players.

    I get the distinct feeling I'm being trolled now because I think I've been very clear in all this but instead of acting as insight to the ignorant I'm just getting more feedback. Hmmmm
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 08:22 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    The 7.

    I love how important you think your stupid hobby is to the game when most players have never done it and don't care about it.


    I love how you ignore my points lol.

  19. #1179
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    The 7

    I love how important you think your stupid hobby is to the game when most players have never done it and don't care about it.
    But that's the point. They seemingly just can't conceive of how fucking utterly minscule their hobby was in the larger scope of things. They're like some ant crawling on a basketball thinking it's the king shit of the basketball when it's gonna get bounced and squashed. I think I've been pretty god damn clear in explaining this but the just utter and raw denial is almost insurmountable. They keep getting bogged down in their own small worlds and can't see the fucking forest for the trees man. Critical thinking man I'm telling you. It's missing from schools these days.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2013-09-11 at 08:31 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  20. #1180
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Most casual players dont' always have a tank friend or healer friend always on, and as far as I've seen, if the tank or healer drops queue, that dps does too (unless that's been fixed, let me know if that's the case lol). Who is always going to be willing to run a friend thru LFR at the drop of a hat just so they get a short queue? lol

    And you do realize LFR is one of the biggest factors to killing the social atmosphere in the game, correct? Hate it or love it, removing the need to socialize in an MMO is just a bad idea, even if it makes things "more convenient", a big part of what makes and MMO the type of game it is, is having that social atmosphere.


    So yes, you're thread on MMO speaks out for everyone that plays WoW.... and then you talk about denying reality. Makes sense lol. You seem pretty angry just because I said "a lot of people play LFR so they can get into normal raids"... relax guy, this is just a forum and we're just discussing a part of the game.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Ok, so let me get this straight. A. The game is based way too much around raiding. B. Nobody (or almost nobody raids). So then how can you explain how Wow has been incredibly successful, the most popular MMO of all time?

    Also, let's get real here, who has actually found LFR entertaining? The closest thing I've ever seen was "I was in a good LFR group last night.... we didn't wipe" - does that sound like a really fun experience?
    I'll let you in on a secret, you can make more than one friend on your server. You are basically saying you don't want to make any friends on your server unless you are forced to make friends to do things because there is no random queue. Sounds backassward to me. I actually enjoy LFR a lot, I always go in with my friends, who are either always on when I am on or the fact that I make a lot of friends on my server. Every group is a roll of the dice but my friends and I talk on Teamspeak or vent when we do them and its quite entertaining. These arguments about ruining the community don't hold water at all, your community is what you make of it. You either make friends or bitch that your not being forced to make friends. I know, you actually have to try but thats all part of the deal. In the old days the community didn't stop anything more than a random noob from misbehaving, if you had a guild that congratulated you for being a jerk to others then (because they were jerks too) they never saw any consequences.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •