Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ...
    In a nutshell, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Casuals are keeping the game alive... Bad clueless dev's are killing it. the fight between good and evil.
    Some examples:

-No new dungeons with epics
    -Can't spend valor without having done at least one lfr to get rep for it, when they provided tons of non-raid means to EARN the valor
    -Painful earning of JP points when a lot of the gear got downgraded to use it
    -Not fixing how easy it is to get 'force flagged.' When people complain about ganking, Blizz tells them to pay to transfer to PvE servers....where they can easily be force flagged and ganked anyway
    -Not designing to minimize obvious means of trolling (deadly mobs with AoE easily kited long distances to kill other players, not force-dismounting players around quest NPCs/mailboxes, the whole "bloody coin" fiasco where now even your OWN faction wants you dead, even on PvE
    -Tab targeting still a joke after all these years - and it's needed still because it can be hard to click on what you WANT to attack because of other players/stacked mobs in the way in raids/with rares

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    One notable issue I don't see you mention in your posts is that unlike all prior mmos you list, wow has always had roughly half its subs in china. Do you have information on product life cycles of major chinese mmos (including the ones that netease operates?) I have read that there are some simply huge ones there on the same pay model as wow uses there, but information is quite hard to come by in english. also, just the changes from the9 to netease and subsequent netease ongoing geographic expansion within china impacts your model.

I know it is pretty common here to use the wow worldwide sub number trend while ignoring the market half those subs are in, but its bad statistics unless you have data to compare to western markets showing that similar sub trends exist in products in their largest market (by subscribers).
    The product life-cycle I've described isn't limited to traditional Western subscription PC games. Among the games I've already used to demonstrate it are a Japanese console MMO (FFXI) and a Korean internet cafe MMO (Lineage). The cycle has less to do with how they pay and more to do with the fact that people are expected to pay, that they are not willing to do so in limitless numbers, and that the people who are willing to pay aren't living under a rock. Sooner or later most of them will have heard of or tried a given game already.

kalgan ruined wow. that turd doesn't know what hes doing. he ruined ultima online too. get him out of the gaming industry for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    No "Casual player" isn't a special type of player, if I like the game more, I will play more and will be something you call it "Hardcore" and if game is not fun for me, I'll play less and will be what you call it "Casual".
    Basically putting a lot of time in game isn't fun anymore that's why blizzard is making game what you call it "Casual" friendly, which is an ok move.
    Quote Originally Posted by xXzCoDProxXz View Post
    No the elitists ruined WoW with their demands..
    Nothing was hard just time-consuming. Lots of free time=you can have and IQ of 10 and still clear any content you want. BLizz like any other business saw the time constraint so they had to lower the difficulty along with the length of raids/took prebuffing out of the picture(like resistance buffing yourself, fire prot potions so forth) and introduced easier mechanics
    I think these two posts sum it up perfectly.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    almost 5 pm and the servers are still down after adding lfr. who loves lfr now?

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Everyone, except for a small disenfranchised minority of elitists that no one cares about anymore.

Same as yesterday.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    They're also adding the second wing of flex.
    Problem?

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Casual didnt ruins it, blizzard ruined it for the $$$
    |Asus Rampage IV Formula|GeIL 16 GB DDR3-1600 Kit|Intel i7-3930K|EVGA GTX680 Hydro Copper|OCZ VTX4-512G x2|Corsair HX1050|Cosmos II|ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT|Astro A40|Logitech Z-5500|Custom Watercooling System|
    ~ Sta op voor de kampioen! 2013-2014 ~ Friend Code - 4785-6590-2958, Friend Safari "Ghost" - Pumpkaboo, Lampent, ???

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    blizzard ruined it for the $$$
    There is a fundamental contradiction in that sentence. Do you see it?

BC/LK raider ('07-'10)