Deleted

Headaches after school.

Anyone had these weird,light headaches after school? Really started to annoy me now. It would be great to know how to avoid and get rid of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pop a Tylenol.

Wait, you were wanting some form of "natural" remedy, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sleep enough, if you aren't already. Also, headaches can become chronic because you expect them to happen.

Deleted
    Dehydration is the number 1 cause of headaches, drink water not sugary crap.

stop going to school, play vidya games, problem solved.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Drink more water, and Less caffeine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tylenol is bad for your liver. Are you drinking enough water? Getting enough sleep?

Headaches can be symptoms of serious conditions, so this is something best discussed with a medical professional. Perhaps starting with your school nurse (if they still have those).

Hopefully it's something non-serious and easily relievable.

Lack of sleep or dehydration or both would be my guess. Remember to drink and eat during the day.

Deleted
    How much water do you drink on a regular day?

This is going to be a little weird, but trust me on this.
    What color is your pee? The darker / yellower it is, the more dehydrated your body is. Thirst is not a proper indicator of how dehydrated you are.
    Since your body is 60% water, lacking in water can cause a lot of problems - headaches are obviously included in there. Depending on your gender you want to drink between 2 and 3 liters a day (the 8 8-oz glasses is not quite enough but a good way to remember what you need to drink).

Tylenol hides the pain but doesn't eliminate the underlying cause. Also over time it damages your liver, something you're going to damage plenty in college - you don't need a head start.

If you are getting proper sleep and proper hydration, then you need to see a doctor because the headaches could be an indicator of a major problem you want to clear up asap.

I'm pretty sure it is just your brain trying to make room for the new stuff it learnt during the day!

Don't pay so much attention in Class so that your brain doesn't get all filled up.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you wear glasses and do you wear them only when your go to class?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrax View Post
    This is going to be a little weird, but trust me on this.
    What color is your pee? The darker / yellower it is, the more dehydrated your body is. Thirst is not a proper indicator of how dehydrated you are.
    Since your body is 60% water, lacking in water can cause a lot of problems - headaches are obviously included in there. Depending on your gender you want to drink between 2 and 3 liters a day (the 8 8-oz glasses is not quite enough but a good way to remember what you need to drink).

Tylenol hides the pain but doesn't eliminate the underlying cause. Also over time it damages your liver, something you're going to damage plenty in college - you don't need a head start.

If you are getting proper sleep and proper hydration, then you need to see a doctor because the headaches could be an indicator of a major problem you want to clear up asap.
    It not only depends on gender but also the heat of his location ie how much he loses. And yea, headache pills should be taken together with water as to relieve the pain while also try to remove the reason for the headache.

You post wasnt that weird... Though its important to say that he shouldnt be looking at his morning urine because its not indicative in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Tylenol is bad for your liver.
    Isn't that a rather long-term side effect? I don't think popping a tylenol once a day or so will hurt your liver, unless you're doing it for years at a time (especially given that tylenol is designed to be taken several times a day).

This isn't a medical forum and you shouldn't take anything anyone says here for fact. Go see a doctor.

(Btw, I'm a doctor. I didn't go to 12 years of med school to be called Mr.)

Deleted
    Seek medical help instead of coming to a forum that isn't qualified to help you in this issue.