Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Brandon is halfway through the third draft of Words of Radiance (book 2) and it's due out March 4, 2014. Can't wait.
    i just hope he doesnt die before the series ends. it would suck to go through that again
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i just hope he doesnt die before the series ends. it would suck to go through that again
    It ended well though IMO. Brandon was a great choice to finish the series. Brandon doesn't have any serious medical conditions like Jordan did though and he's still pretty young. I think we're going to be ok.

It ended well though IMO. Brandon was a great choice to finish the series. Brandon doesn't have any serious medical conditions like Jordan did though and he's still pretty young. I think we're going to be ok.
    yeah, i actually think sanderson's writing is better than jordan's. but i doubt we would get that lucky twice
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

yeah, i actually think sanderson's writing is better than jordan's. but i doubt we would get that lucky twice
    He's in his 30s, and healthy unlike someone like Scott Lynch. Sanderson is also one of the 'new wave' of writers who can knock out a thousand page book in a year or so including editing and printing time, unlike Jordan or, Odin forbid, GRRM. I just want him to stop messing around with YA books and start churning out Cosmere content, but w/e.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

He's in his 30s, and healthy unlike someone like Scott Lynch. Sanderson is also one of the 'new wave' of writers who can knock out a thousand page book in a year or so including editing and printing time, unlike Jordan or, Odin forbid, GRRM. I just want him to stop messing around with YA books and start churning out Cosmere content, but w/e.
    it's been 3 years since the way of kings came out, will be close to 4 by the time book 2 comes. i know he's got plenty of time ahead of him. i just dont look forward to another 20+ year saga, even if it is really really good. i did read one of his YA books, and it was pretty decent, if a bit young
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

it's been 3 years since the way of kings came out, will be close to 4 by the time book 2 comes. i know he's got plenty of time ahead of him. i just dont look forward to another 20+ year saga, even if it is really really good. i did read one of his YA books, and it was pretty decent, if a bit young
    A lot of that time was occupied with finishing WOT. I don't think he's written an Alcatraz book in awhile though. I don't think either steel heart or the rithmatist are YA. I'll say the same thing I said about Jordan, GRRM and King though, I'd rather him write at the pace he feels comfortable with and it be good than try to get the books out quick and they be crap.

A lot of that time was occupied with finishing WOT. I don't think he's written an Alcatraz book in awhile though. I don't think either steel heart or the rithmatist are YA. I'll say the same thing I said about Jordan, GRRM and King though, I'd rather him write at the pace he feels comfortable with and it be good than try to get the books out quick and they be crap.
    i read rithmatist, it was young adult imo. good, but young

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I think someone has already mentioned Magician but the entire Riftwar Cycle by Raymond E. Feist is pretty awesome. The universe has about 30 books in it now (iirc) and the 30th is the last installment. Has many characters (mostly male tbh) and plenty of different things going on.

I'm currently rereading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind actually. First 2/3 books of it were made into a TV series too. The books are good but not really mindblowingly awesome, imo. Good reads though.
    that series started good, but turned to complete shit imo. i made it to book 6 and just couldnt take any more of richard's preaching
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

that series started good, but turned to complete shit imo. i made it to book 6 and just couldnt take any more of richard's preaching
    No joke. I'm trying to muddle my way through it again. Currently I'm on phantom but just getting completely annoyed with the preaching and moreso with the repetition. He has to say the same thing 30 different ways. Sometimes it's not even different. It's a fantastic story, I think the books after 6 could have been 3-400 pages shorter. and book 7 could have been removed entirely.

No joke. I'm trying to muddle my way through it again. Currently I'm on phantom but just getting completely annoyed with the preaching and moreso with the repetition. He has to say the same thing 30 different ways. Sometimes it's not even different. It's a fantastic story, I think the books after 6 could have been 3-400 pages shorter. and book 7 could have been removed entirely.
    it wouldnt have been so bad if it didnt feel like 30 pages of his soliloquy, followed by 5 or 6 pages of something actually happening, only to launch him into another rant on the evils of communism, free will, blah blah fucking *snore*
    sure, he was more right than wrong imo, but there is only so much i want to read the same shit again
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

That's because he was working on finishing WOT and then messing around with his random YA crap. Like I said, I want him to stop messing with that crap, and he has finished WOT, so ... MOAR COSMERE!

- - - Updated - - -

it wouldnt have been so bad if it didnt feel like 30 pages of his soliloquy, followed by 5 or 6 pages of something actually happening, only to launch him into another rant on the evils of communism, free will, blah blah fucking *snore*
    sure, he was more right than wrong imo, but there is only so much i want to read the same shit again
    Its a Randian shoving his beliefs down your throat. COMMUNISM IS BAD BECAUSE... RAPE! COMMUNISM IS BAD BECAUSE... uh... MOAR RAPE! It turns into a 'we heart Ayn' series without any redeeming qualities.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

It turns into a 'we heart Ayn' series without any redeeming qualities.
    i figured that's where it was going, and why i got tired of it. it was at the point where i would just keep turning pages without reading them so long as paragraphs were all still starting with quotation marks. it made book 6 a really fast read, lol
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because he was working on finishing WOT and then messing around with his random YA crap. Like I said, I want him to stop messing with that crap, and he has finished WOT, so ... MOAR COSMERE!
    What's with all the hate on the YA stuff? They may not be as epic as his other works, but that's hardly a bad thing. Personally I enjoy a short, light story every once in a while. I thought The Rithmatist was great, as were the first few Alcatraz books.