Thread: Bad Raid Comp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad Raid Comp?

So my raid group is trying to get ready for 5.4 and we stack a few classes. Is this going to be a huge issue in 5.4?

Prot paladin
    Guardian druid
    Resto druid/feral OS
    Holy paladin
    Mistweaver monk
    Elemental shaman (me)
    Destro lock
    Demo lock
    Fury warrior
    Assassin rogue
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Your comp is more than fine

Deleted
    You have all buffs so there's that.

Locks are really good so using two wouldn't be much of an issue.

Resto druids are looking really really strong for 5.4 and you still have some absorbs in the holydin.

Prot pally + Guardian is an excellent tank combo with minimal loot waste (further helped by your warrior not wanting haste items and the pally mostly not wanting crit)

It would be very ideal if you could fit in a Disc Priest, but the comp you posted will be fine.

Not bad comp, all buffs covered. You want to add 1-2 players to your roster in case somebody can't make it - mage/hunter will be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cover all raid buffs and debuffs, should be fine enough.

Deleted
    Mmo-Raidcomp is a great tool for this.
    Besides buffs which look fine your token distribution looks good, you have combat rezzes spread and you can dispel everything.
    Looks good imho.

not only about buffs, having certain raid CDs is pretty important too. but between healing CD from the dps shaman, two paladins and a rogue, you're ok in that department too. as others said, obviously a disc priest would be nice. but this looks more then fine to me, nothing to worry about really.

maybe you should try to convince atleast your destrolock to get a serious second specc

but your comp looks pretty strong imo

Two melee is kinda meh, but other than that nothing really jumps out as "bad".

That is actually a very good raid comp with little gear overlaps with lots of non-healer raid CDs and you have 2 healers who can do decent dps. My suggestion is to get the resto druid to learn his balance spec as they share similar gear, while his feral spec might be very undergeared due to the other 2 MS agi leather users.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnovacaine View Post
    It would be very ideal if you could fit in a Disc Priest, but the comp you posted will be fine.
    As this isn't patch 5.1, I don't quite understand the obsession with disc priests being "essential" in every raid comp. Unless they are running some unusual healing comp like double resto shamans / any healer, most healing comps should work. Their paladins bring strong raid CDs while MW is counted as a melee class and provides strong throughput and mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Some melee is fine as long as they are not tunnellers and know how to use their raid utility CDs. Many of the more challenging boss mechanics do not target them by default which is an advantage.
    Last edited by Whitney Houston; 2013-09-04 at 02:24 AM.

Best comp

Prot pal
    Brewmaster

Disc priest
    MW monk

Range
    Range
    Range
    Range
    Range
    Range (or rogue)

WoW isn't nearly as comp sensitive as it once was, yours is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    This statement is depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    So my raid group is trying to get ready for 5.4 and we stack a few classes. Is this going to be a huge issue in 5.4?

Prot paladin
    Guardian druid
    Resto druid/feral OS
    Holy paladin
    Mistweaver monk
    Elemental shaman (me)
    Destro lock
    Demo lock
    Fury warrior
    Assassin rogue
    dunno why that resto druid wouldnt have boomkin as Os but other then that its fine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    WoW isn't nearly as comp sensitive as it once was, yours is fine.

This statement is depressing.
    10man is much more comp dependent then 25man thats for sure. and its a depressing truth about melee.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a warrior? Wouldn't skull banner like, help a lot?

4conq users so tier pieces for them migh suck.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    4conq users so tier pieces for them migh suck.
    What if I told you
    there will always be a token with 4 or more users in 10-man raid
    Shaman - Hunter - Monk - Druid - Warlock - DK - another Shaman - one more Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post

Prot paladin excellent tank one of the best in 5.4
    Guardian druid very big buffs he can be a soaker for big damage bits due to the increased hp pool, with tier 16 he will have a huge mitigation/avoidence boost due to Vial of Living Corruption will make barkskin on even shorter cd and with tier 16 o sweet active mitigation goodness
    Resto druid/feral OS he will be better off as moonkin offspec but i see ur monk taking all the leather already so tough choice
    Holy paladin not sure how paladins do in 5.4 in tot heroic they were ok
    Mistweaver monk i would get resto shaman or disc priest instead of monk, both very strong in 5.4
    Elemental shaman (me) good spec for caster heavy group lots of utility and dps
    Destro lock not a fan of having 2nd lock since they will compete for the same gear,however both of them should go mainly affli with destru or demo offspec depend on the fight
    Demo locksame as the above
    Fury warrior i assume he go arms in 5.4 which is what the better spec from what i heard
    Assassin rogue good support for your caster on aoe and great single target dps

if you can afford reserves get a frost dk and a mage, both are very strong in 5.4 and bring lots of utility

Quote Originally Posted by Faeglendir View Post
    What if I told you
    there will always be a token with 4 or more users in 10-man raid
    what if i told you conq doesnt exist in 10man with both prot and vanq having 40% drop chance conq is only 20%
    Last edited by Archimand; 2013-09-04 at 06:25 AM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

its a better comp then my guilds

Prot Pallly or brewmaster
    prot warrior
    resto shammy
    disc priest
    holy priest or Pally
    hunter
    hunter
    ret pally
    mage
    monk or hunter

Add in another couple of range so you have a wider selection, there will definitely be fights where even 2 melee is too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.