[Manga] Manga discussion

well i tried searching and while finding threads on specific types of manga (mainly popular or mainstream) i did not find a general overall manga thread.

so i thought i would like to start one!

First off i would like to offer up a nice tip to if you are just starting to read manga, or have an interest in it. mangafox is a good site i found as it allows you to bookmark mangas you like and you can easily check when they get updated, it will also rate each manga series you see based on a point system so you can easily search for popular series. of course a lot of mangas that they announce are updated, you cannot read there due to licensing issues so you would have to go to another website to read it, mangapanda is a good one i have found for that.

But as always it is always better to buy these manga online or at a store.

NOW! the very first manga i ever started to read was Bleach, well cuz i caught up to the anime episodes and just had to know what the hell was going to happen next! then i did the same thing to naruto, and for a long time it was only just those 2. But recently with my addiction to broadening my horizons to different genres of anime, i also did the same to manga.

i have read quite a few different kinds of mangas, ones like naruto/bleach, the ecchi/adult (not hentai though), and even dramas.

but the 2 i would like to share first of all i have found to be fantastic.

nisekoi - and - shokugeki no soma.

nisekoi [PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT UP TO DATE ON THIS ONE YET, 20 CHAPTERS AWAY]is essentially an evolving harem i guess, it revolves around 4 girls, (3 of which have a history with the MC) that get introduced at different points in the story, well 2 of them at least. But i have happily found that it isnt a typical BS harem where everything is completely predictable, there are quite a few twists and turns, plenty of laughs and one scene was actually so well written i got a little teary eyed (first time from a manga). Essentially 3 of the girls knew the MC 10 years ago, and of course they all remember it way better than he does, but that is just for the story, and a promise that revolves around a locket. anyway, wouldnt want to spoil too much but this one is great if you are into what i have described.

shokugeki no soma is about a teenager who's dad is a world class chef, and one day has to close down their family shop cuz he has some business in france, so the main character is essentially forced to join a extremely up tight cooking school that seems to take it more seriously than the military lol. not so much has happened yet in this manga but one thing that intrigues me to no end is that almost every single meal is described in near full detail in the manga, it is almost as if you could read it, and then go cook what was just described provided you had some common sense in the kitchen lol. either way the drawing is fantastic, plenty of lively characters and if your a fan of food you should definitely give this one a try.
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-09-03 at 06:05 PM.