Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Then, in the words of Secretary Kerry, you are "wilfully avoiding reality."
    I'm fine with that. Kerry is a moron. Our actions in Libya worked out so well, let's try it again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    His reason for why we should intervene is that sarin gas was used. Somehow he is trying to make the american public think there is evidence Asad used it when there is no such evidence. If they had evidence you don't think they would throw it in everyones face?
    I have no idea how you can be so utterly ignorant and out of touch of/with reality. The German, French, and American intelligence agencies have all released independent dossiers outlining why it's "impossible" for the chemical weapons attack to have been conducted by anyone other than the Al-Assad regime. Furthermore, the German and French reports actually use hard evidence, such as the interception of communications between Assad regime leaders, the SAA, and Hezbollah, that prove that the attack was coordinated by them due to its sheer level of "sophistication and magnitude."

The vast majority of people, whether for or against intervention, will not dispute whether or not chemical weapons were used, or if it was Assad who used them, unless they are, again, being "wilfully avoiding reality."

I hope another poll is conducted and we charge in guns blazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    so true

Last edited by TheGravemind; 2013-09-03 at 11:36 PM.

Any military intervention in Syria would be rather pointless, one despot would be replaced by another, while risking the lives of soldiers. I personally have a problems to send soldiers out there, who most likely die for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Any military intervention in Syria would be rather pointless, one despot would be replaced by another, while risking the lives of soldiers. I personally have a problems to send soldiers out there, who most likely die for nothing.
    We're not going to be sending soldiers, this will be a Kosovo-style aerial/naval campaign that will give this despot a lethal dose of liberty.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're not going to be sending soldiers, this will be a Kosovo-style aerial/naval campaign that will give this despot a lethal dose of liberty.
    oh yeah, lets kill people who are killing people to show them how much killing people is wrong
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

lmfao to bad Syria has already moved everything all this time we have been screwing around it will mostly be a expensive fireworks show and yea if they do dismantle the Syrian Army then Al Qaeda will swoop in and take all the good shit and use it against us at a later time. I met guys like you when i was in the Military all gun ho cant think for your self just ignorant sheep drinking the kool aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    oh yeah, lets kill people who are killing people to show them how much killing people is wrong
    No, the proposed mission is closer to "let's kill people who are gassing innocent people to show them how wrong gassing people and killing innocents is."

I suppose you're the type that thinks capital punishment is hypocritical, too, eh?

Obama hasn't really turned into a war hawk. He has nearly completely wound down the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, while containing the conflict in Libya to a very short 6 month campaign. As for Syria, I don't think it's fair to call what he did a "betrayal." Do you expect the man to never use the most powerful military on earth, even if the times call for it? The Presidency can easily change a young idealistic man who would love to stick to his principles if not for the pragmatic reality of the world.
    Actually Bush signed the order to leave iraq, not Obama, all he did was be in office while it was happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    lmfao to bad Syria has already moved everything all this time we have been screwing around it will mostly be a expensive fireworks show and yea if they do dismantle the Syrian Army then Al Qaeda will swoop in and take all the good shit and use it against us at a later time. I met guys like you when i was in the Military all gun ho cant think for your self just ignorant sheep drinking the kool aid.
    Syria cannot move its airbases or air force. We're going to be taking that out for certain, and that alone is a huge deal. We have spy satellites watching the entire country, and wherever they move their mobile defense systems to, we'll just strike them at their new location. I love how you're an MMO-C arm-chair general who purports to know everything pertinent to military intervention, but in reality, it seems as though you really are just a clueless hothead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eodusaf View Post
    Actually Bush signed the order to leave iraq, not Obama, all he did was be in office while it was happening.
    Obama could have extended the tenure of American forces in Iraq, so the credit goes to him ultimately.

And airplanes can't be shot down or what? You talk about liberty I am very certain life for Syrians won't get better after Assad, it will most likely be the same or worse, which is why any kind of military interference is pointless, it is a choice between pest and cholera.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And airplanes can't be shot down or what? You talk about liberty I am very certain life for Syrians won't get better after Assad, it will most likely be the same or worse, which is why any kind of military interference is pointless, it is a choice between pest and cholera.
    The F-22 has the most advanced martial flight avionics systems in the world, and outside of our close allies, there is literally no one with the technology to shoot them down. They can fly all over Damascus with impunity, especially during the night. Furthermore, we're going to be disabling their anti-air capabilities via naval warfare before we send in manned vehicles anyways, so it's a total non-issue.

The life for the average Syrian will not immediately improve, but the following will be accomplished:

1. A man who is probably the closest thing to the 21st century's version of Hitler will have his regime terminated, and possibly even his life, thereby delivering justice to all those who suffered by his evil forces.
    2. The foundation and basis for a stable Syria sometime in the future will be laid.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, the proposed mission is closer to "let's kill people who are gassing innocent people to show them how wrong gassing people and killing innocents is."
    killing 'innocents'........
    Im assuming they are labeled innocent because they are civilians? So military personal are 'guilty'?
    Civilians always have, and always die in every war.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Syria cannot move its airbases or air force. We're going to be taking that out for certain, and that alone is a huge deal. We have spy satellites watching the entire country, and wherever they move their mobile defense systems to, we'll just strike them at their new location. I love how you're an MMO-C arm-chair general who purports to know everything pertinent to military intervention, but in reality, it seems as though you really are just a clueless hothead.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama could have extended the tenure of American forces in Iraq, so the credit goes to him ultimately.
    ive seen more action then you ever will in your lifetime. In the end its will all come back to bite us and Israel in the butt anyways

- - - Updated - - -

It is against international law to bomb a school or university. There are confirmed reports on the ground that Assad has already taken over many schools and Damascus University and turned them into military installations. Do we attack them for ignoring international law by ignoring international law and bombing those schools? Or Mosques? Or residential buildings?

They know how to play us, they put in the news us killing the civilians they throw in front of our bombs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The life for the average Syrian will not immediately improve, but the following will be accomplished:
    and this benefits our country why?

10+ Year Old Account
    ive seen more action then you ever will in your lifetime. In the end its will all come back to bite us and Israel in the butt anyways
    I highly doubt that given the fact that I'm in ROTC atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    and this benefits our country why?
    It protects our various interests in the region, as well as allies, such as Israel, Turkey, and Jordan. A stable Middle East is within our national security interest.

Fuckin A! You want to use chemical weapons? You get the cockmeat sandwhich! 'Murica!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It protects our various interests in the region, as well as allies, such as Israel, Turkey, and Jordan.
    last I heard this was a civil war

- - - Updated - - -

A stable Middle East is within our national security interest.
    and the world is paying us or eternally grateful for us doing this?