Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They lost..why can't they just deal with it rather than whining and complaining with stupid impeach Bush, impeach Obama rubbish 0o

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't just make up stuff and pretend those are "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    They lost..why can't they just deal with it rather than whining and complaining with stupid impeach Bush, impeach Obama rubbish 0o
    Because those are the only things they can think of saying. Do the Republicans actually have a manifesto that isn't currently solely "oppose Obama every step of the way and stymie discussion in Congress"?

Barry Soetoro...really? Still riding that pony?

By that logic Ted Cruz is also ineligible to hold the office of the President as he was born in Canada, but is the son of an American Citizen. So EVEN IF OBAMA ISN'T BORN IN THE US, he is still eligible for office.

This is tiresome.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    Is it suddenly justified to impeach a president just because you don't like him or his policies? Ugh. That's not what impeachment is for.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it ironic?
    What do you mean suddenly? That has been the only reason impeachment has ever been brought up for any president except Nixon

Wanted: Barrack Obama

Known Crimes: Being democratically elected to office of the president of the United States of America twice

My god this mans evil knows no bounds!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    Is it suddenly justified to impeach a president just because you don't like him or his policies? Ugh. That's not what impeachment is for.
    I was under the impression that when applied to presidents, that was about the only thing it was ever for.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Wouldn't it be amazing if our political parties would focus on running the country instead of pulling this crap for the millionth time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You can't just make up stuff and pretend those are "high crimes and misdemeanors".
    O yes I can!

Impeach him for the high crime of outlawing "Kinder" chocolates. Those things are epic and if he was doing his job, they would be at every supermarket in the USA.

Seriously, why cant I get Kinder stuff @ Kroger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    O yes I can!

Impeach him for the high crime of outlawing "Kinder" chocolates. Those things are epic and if he was doing his job, they would be at every supermarket in the USA.

10/10 For making me laugh. Good show sir!

Seriously though, Impeach Obama? Should of done it to Bush.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how you parse it.

Is it "High (crimes and misdemeanours)" or "(High crimes) and misdemeanours".

If you use it like the latter, I'm sure that, given the sheer volume of US law, that you could find some misdemeanour that he is guilty of, just like anyone else.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

If you use it like the latter, I'm sure that, given the sheer volume of US law, that you could find some misdemeanour that he is guilty of, just like anyone else.
    Obama is guilty of jaywalking! IMPEACH HIM!

10+ Year Old Account

"(High crimes) ".
    Not enforcing outdated useless pot laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    United States Code, Title 21, Section 342(d)(1).

They should just go ahead and impeach him for being a Democrat, because if you take a look at their website you'll see that just about everything there is going on about how Democrats are evil.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account

Hell, I'm assuming the latter. We're not talking about plotting to sell the countries to its enemies; Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice (and found innocent of both charges, as it happens).

Neither "attacking liberty" nor "egregious acts of despotism" are crimes, though. Even if we take them on their face, without pointing out that they're ludicrous charges to level to begin with.

Hell, I'm assuming the latter. We're not talking about plotting to sell the countries to its enemies; Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice (and found innocent of both charges, as it happens).

Neither "attacking liberty" nor "egregious acts of despotism" are crimes, though. Even if we take them on their face, without pointing out that they're ludicrous charges to level to begin with.
    If "attacking liberty" were a crime that could get somebody ejected from office, then surely everybody that signed the Patriot Act should be worried of losing their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If "attacking liberty" were a crime that could get somebody ejected from office, then surely everybody that signed the Patriot Act should be worried of losing their job.
    Heck, passing pretty much any law is inherently a restriction of someone's "liberty". So it would basically be the crime of "being Congress".

And still wouldn't apply to Obama, since he isn't Congress, and they're confusing the Executive Branch with the Legislative.

Show us on the doll where Obama touched you.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    And still wouldn't apply to Obama, since he isn't Congress, and they're confusing the Executive Branch with the Legislative.
    But he was a senator.

Can you impeach a president for crimes they perpetrated before becoming president?