Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Indeed. The fact that in less than two decades, UKIP went from being a minor interest group to being the third largest political party in the country with millions of supporters, representation across the country and the support of over 20% of the British population is a testament to the British people's resolve.
    I think that is a testament more to the stupidity and myopia of 20% of the British voting population than the validity or "tenacity" of UKIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think that is a testament more to the stupidity and myopia of 20% of the British voting population than the validity or "tenacity" of UKIP.
    People are sick of the leading 3 parties, myself included only difference is some people try to confide their against equality feelings in a political party because it makes the feel "legitimate".

I won't be voting UKIP; ever. Their "leader" is a populist and an asshole, granted these traits are not exclusive to him; he just does it on a much more frequent basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The UKIP just sounds like the UK's GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    That's a joke party, right? Right?

Damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    That's a joke party, right? Right?

Damnit.
    Vote for Johan. Make America the 4th Swedish State.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

lol lefties gunna hate, nothing new, really

back in the day there was one party with cool name too: Polska Partia Przyjaciół Piwa which you can translate as: Polish Beer-Lovers' Party ;]

UKIP success gave me hope that next election polish libertarian (in poland its conservative-liberal) party will finally get a chance to repair my country. EuroSoviet Union needs to fall, no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    lol lefties gunna hate, nothing new, really

back in the day there was one party with cool name too: Polska Partia Przyjaciół Piwa which you can translate as: Polish Beer-Lovers' Party ;]

UKIP success gave me hope that next election polish libertarian (in poland its conservative-liberal) party will finally get a chance to repair my country. EuroSoviet Union needs to fall, no matter what.
    I would prefer if they weren't called libertarians. Because they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    I would prefer if they weren't called libertarians. Because they're not.
    Well, thats you opinion, anyway- name is name and in todays world it means close to nothing.
    I agree on most of their ideas as well as my local party shares similar view, apart from whole "democracy" bs they seem to like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Well, thats you opinion, anyway- name is name and in todays world it means close to nothing.
    I agree on most of their ideas as well as my local party shares similar view, apart from whole "democracy" bs they seem to like.
    Not really. There is a definition as to what entails libertarian ideology, and they're a far cry from classical liberalism.

Not really. There is a definition as to what entails libertarian ideology, and they're a far cry from classical liberalism.
    In what way? I know that Nigel Farage has welcomed a lot of left-wingers into the party recently, but overall the party remains solidly dedicated to classical liberal principles. Look at ideas and policies of the America Libertarian Party's presidential candidate in 2012 and compare them to those of Nigel Farage. I think you'll find a great deal of overlap.

10+ Year Old Account
    happy birthday i guess.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    In what way? I know that Nigel Farage has welcomed a lot of left-wingers into the party recently, but overall the party remains solidly dedicated to classical liberal principles. Look at ideas and policies of the America Libertarian Party's presidential candidate in 2012 and compare them to those of Nigel Farage. I think you'll find a great deal of overlap.
    They differ greatly on marriage equality, environment, immigration, and criminal rights. They actually believe that humans have rights that shouldn't be violated.

10+ Year Old Account
    They differ greatly on marriage equality, environment, immigration, and criminal rights. They actually believe that humans have rights that shouldn't be violated.
    They also want to increase military spending
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They also want to increase military spending
    Well, the UKIP does. The Libertarian party is the one that agrees with the Human Rights Act.

Deleted
    Oh UKIP is something worth celebrating now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the UKIP does. The Libertarian party is the one that agrees with the Human Rights Act.
    Yeah I was referring to UKIP

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...n-8424411.html
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gotcha. Just wanted to clarify, since my post probably wasn't that clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Oh UKIP is something worth celebrating now?
    If by celebrate, you mean bury the still writhing body in a shallow grave, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Sunrise View Post
    If by celebrate, you mean bury the still writhing body in a shallow grave, yes.
    Don't deserve a grave, nearest landfill, along with the current lib dem party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I won't celebrate the party (the political one, not the birthday one), but I won't shun them just because they shake things up. They're interested in protecting our interests within Europe. Look at the current govt. - Foreign aid, they won't cut that, but they'll cut back on essential services here at home. They keep cutting and cutting, yet we're still putting a whole lot into the EU to bail out countries that can't handle their own damn finances, and rarely get anything out of it. I'm all for protecting our interests. If that means going with a party that makes waves, then so be it. I won't support them if they start to border into BNP territory.
    Hilarious. Furthermore, UK interests are better served with closer ties to the EU funnily enough.

The fact that people like you are promoting a one-trick pony party is the dangerous part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.