Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't know how it is in america, but "disrespecting a police officer" is not a crime and should never be treated as such. It's just a case of some asshole cop trying to act superior. Saying "murica" is not disrespectful, it sounds more like a grumble than anything else.

The way I see it you were under no legal obligation to follow his directions, and he had no legal base in making them.

Quote Originally Posted by RoguexA View Post
    How is that deserved? Rofl, if he was as esctatic as he was saying then obviously the Officer would have picked up on it.
    Oh, but wait. Are all you "'Muricans" this intolerant to a good vibe or sense of humor? Jesus christ, you fellas need to relax a bit.
    Joke around with your friends. Not as the first words out of your mouth to the police. Seems like common sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Do you think pigs have a right to treat people like that? He was held against his will because he said a word that the delicate flower of an officer didn't like.
    Yeah...I think it's safe to ignore any and all of your thoughts on the subject.

A dangerous act, OP. MURICAN police are remarkably sensitive, and reserve the right to detain you, torture you with electricity, or even execute you if they perceive even the slightest hint of disrespect. They are incredibly delicate, which is understandable, as they believe that power flows from their bauble of a badge and that delusion can never be shattered. Welcome to a militarized police force.

I absolutely can not believe that people are defending the "officer"! Oh my, 59 in a 55! SUCH a criminal. SUCH disregard for pointless, little laws.
    Couldn't agree more. Also 4 over is speeding in america ? haha weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think pigs have a right to treat people like that? He was held against his will because he said a word that the delicate flower of an officer didn't like.
    Do you think people like the OP have the right to say stupid shit to a police officer like *MURICA*?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    It's actually perfectly legal for a cop to smack around anyone who uses internet memes in public...

..Oh wait, that's just in my fantasy world, nevermind.
    Yeah because telling a guy to get out of the car and put his hands on it, without actually grabbing the guy, is totally "smacking someone around".

Really?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I don't know how it is in america, but "disrespecting a police officer" is not a crime and should never be treated as such. It's just a case of some asshole cop trying to act superior. Saying "murica" is not disrespectful, it sounds more like a grumble than anything else.

The way I see it you were under no legal obligation to follow his directions, and he had no legal base in making them.
    He was pulled over for speeding, an illegal act.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    My Plea

What do I do in this situation?
    Be glad you got away with a caution and didn't get arrested.

And no, it had nothing to do with your skin colour. It was all your attitude towards the cop. I.e. it was your fault. Take it as a lesson not to talk back to a police officer again.

He probably just pulled you over to warn you not to speed because it was dangerous. You then acted like an idiot and came over aggressive. He told you to step outside the car so he knows you aren't going to shoot him. He phones his superior, who tells him to let you go with a caution. He does so.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-09-03 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Joke around with your friends. Not as the first words out of your mouth to the police. Seems like common sense to me.

Yeah...I think it's safe to ignore any and all of your thoughts on the subject.
    If you think it's safe to ignore his, then your thoughts should be thrown out the window.

I have no sympathy for you. You deserved it.

Oh, did the cool guy try to troll the police officer and cried when he got punished? Boo-hoo...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Hahahaha held against his will... do you think ANYONE stopped by the police is held willingly? Come on. If you know you're guilty very few people are going to sit there and say "I'm so happy you've stopped me and I'm facing the consequences!"

Why should the police tolerate stupid shit? They shouldn't. He is there to keep everyone safe and you cannot do a job like that unless you command respect. If you let people talk to the police like that and get off freely, people will have no respect for you.
    Yes, YES. Keeping everyone "safe"! Going 2 over the speed limit (factor in a margin of error for the radar gun) sure is endangering everyone! Oh my! I'm swooning because the OP was so reckless. Just the very thought!

The pig should've executed him on the spot! That would've shown him who's large and in charge!

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Your story is total bullshit. That's all.
    Yeah 100% fabrication.

The cop was messing with you because you were messing with him. The cop won because he almost made you crap your pants.

The thing is, I said it in a JOKING VOICE as I was pulling out my wallet, then he told me to get out of my car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    The cop was messing with you because you were messing with him. The cop won because he almost made you crap your pants.
    I doubt it. He looked pretty fucking serious, and it wasn't funny. Just because YOU didn't encounter this doesn't make it damn funny.

Deleted
    Do you think that perhaps if Police Officers were treated with a bit more respect they wouldn't get angry? This guy could've very well been the straw that broke the camel's back, after a long string of idiots who felt the need to disrespect the Police Officer in any way shape or form.

And by idiots, I don't straight up mean OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy crap lol you guys are tearing him apart!

well OP, guess you learnt your lesson. as a way to balance it out somewhat, congrats on the good review!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, I said it in a JOKING VOICE as I was pulling out my wallet, then he told me to get out of my car.
    So what? He didn't even give you the ticket for the speeding.

And how you got racial profiling from this I will never understand.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Do you think that perhaps if Police Officers were treated with a bit more respect they wouldn't get angry? This guy could've very well been the straw that broke the camel's back, after a long string of idiots who felt the need to disrespect the Police Officer in any way shape or form.
    They don't deserve respect. Go ahead and read all about the incidents of brutality, the racism, the targeting of religious minorities, the executions of the homeless and mentally ill...

What function did he serve for pulling someone over going slightly over the speed limit? None. He was a leech, a parasite, a highway robber in the truest sense of the words.

to the op. even when what you did was an act of idiocy, also there might be a misinterpretation from part of the officer. since " 'murica" can be misheard as "marica" a spanish translation for "faggot".
    (my apologies if faggot can't be said in this forums but it's only for explanatory purposes),

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt it. He looked pretty fucking serious, and it wasn't funny. Just because YOU didn't encounter this doesn't make it damn funny.
    Just...don't do it again. It was a stupid idea in the first place and you got let off lightly.

What function did he serve for pulling someone over going slightly over the speed limit? None. He was a leech, a parasite, a highway robber in the truest sense of the words.
    Oh I don't know...the cop might have been doing his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    My thoughts

Internet behavior is not appropriate when you are stopped by the police. Don't be a fucking idiot next time.

It's kind of odd how you changed your poor attitude the moment you got pulled out of the car. Had you shown that much intelligence while inside of the car, this thread wouldn't exist. Hell, he let you off with a WARNING.

The only advice I have for you is to grow up and act like an adult.

Yea next time don't be an idiot.