Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That's basically business competition for you! Everyone puts their best products out at the same time to hopefully win against their competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They're trying to get as much system sales in before the PS4/Xbox One starts this Christmas. It's rather simple, really... ((and don't give me any of that "2 different audiences" BS either. They're really not. :P))
    even if that were true they couldve announced it ahead of time, or atleast let people who buy the wiiu bundle also get the cool gannon statue instead of forcing them to buy another copy of the game they are already buying

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saerk View Post
    That's basically business competition for you! Everyone puts their best products out at the same time to hopefully win against their competitors.
    im not talking about other companies, im talking about when one company does it with their own products.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    even if that were true they couldve announced it ahead of time, or atleast let people who buy the wiiu bundle also get the cool gannon statue instead of forcing them to buy another copy of the game they are already buying
    No they couldn't have... chances are they were waiting on the official announcements for the Sony/MS release dates for PS4/XBone to base their releases on.

EDIT: Well, TECHNICALLY they could've... but they like to maximize sales as much as the next guy - and taking uneducated risks isn't smart buisness... especially when we're talking about a system that's FLOUNDERING in sales that could go extinct by next Christmas if sales don't pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    No they couldn't have... chances are they were waiting on the official Sony/MS release dates for PS4/XBone to base their releases on.

EDIT: Well, TECHNICALLY they could've... but they like to maximize sales as much as the next guy - and taking uneducated risks isn't smart buisness... especially when we're talking about a system that's FLOUNDERING in sales that could go extinct by next Christmas if sales don't pick up.
    the releases have been known for a long time now, everyone knows what holiday means. and even if they didnt want to announce the release date of the bundles how does that stop them from atleast letting us know about them?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    a mix of pre order bonuses and envy, also impatience
    I believe we have got down to the crux of the problem. you are impatient.
    you know have known that the games are coming out, At least in the case of the Pokemon games as they tend to release quite a lot of themm as for Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, after a 30 second search I have found an announcement for it back in January here

so as a "collector" you have had the better part of a year to save the money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I believe we have got down to the crux of the problem. you are impatient.
    you know have known that the games are coming out, At least in the case of the Pokemon games as they tend to release quite a lot of themm as for Wind Waker HD on the Wii U, after a 30 second search I have found an announcement for it back in January here

so as a "collector" you have had the better part of a year to save the money for it.
    i knew about the game itself, but i didnt plan on buying the game right away until the announced the bundles which they only announced a couple weeks ago

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, I want that Zelda theme gamepad. I wonder how much the gamepad itself will be on ebay after it comes out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    OMG, I want that Zelda theme gamepad. I wonder how much the gamepad itself will be on ebay after it comes out, lol.
    do gamepads work for the system they werent bought for?

10+ Year Old Account
    do gamepads work for the system they werent bought for?
    Yep, you can buy individual replacement gamepads, you just have to sync them. Unless you mean if the special collector's edition one is locked to its system, in which case I don't know and that's a good question.

im hoping the fact that the wiiu isnt selling that well right now might actualy work in my favor and these things might stay on the shelf for a little while

- - - Updated - - -

i also should mention i had to move recently because my landlord was selling the house i was living in so that also kind of made my ability to save up money be a bit weakened

10+ Year Old Account
    its a limited edition, if i dont buy it now i will only have to pay more from a scalper

- - - Updated - - -

and ive been waiting over a year for the new pokemon games, so yes i have to buy both
    Or wait a few weeks for the price to drop, or wait for a Steam sale . . .

Companies are going to produce as much as they can to make us much money as they want.

And you're the one deciding to buy "limited edition."
    Putin khuliyo

the releases have been known for a long time now, everyone knows what holiday means. and even if they didnt want to announce the release date of the bundles how does that stop them from atleast letting us know about them?
    No we didn't. The release dates were just announced at Gamescon... that was like 2 weeks ago, son.

Yes, people know what "Holiday" means - but that doesn't give an exact DAY. And Nintendo clearly wanted to push their promotions before those two came out.

Deleted
    we knew the release for both pokemon and wind waker was in oct for months..

two zelda games in two months.. and i still have too many games on steam untouched.

You don't have to buy the collectors / limited edition, you want too.

Games are purely optional and are meant to be a form of entertainment. Don't get dragged into buying games if you can't finance it properly. The value of the entertainment will rarely out-weigh the fear of going overdrawn, overdue notices or even eviction.

It's the timing, school starts, kids need stuff to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an excess of video game funds because I live like I am on welfare and buy the cheapest life sustaining food possible, reuse things I probably should have thrown out long ago, usually walk to work instead of using a vehicle and use non-video game electric sucking devices very sparingly. This allows me to buy a couple hundred dollars worth of video game what-nots per week and if for some reason my insatiable hunger is not satisfied I will do drastic things such as sell my blood/other fluids, trade in bottles, sell worthless junk, scams, look for extra local jobs that need doing online and other stuffs that give me some extra spending credits to feed my crippling addiction.

Also most game stores that I know of will usually hold a reserve for something up for about a months time, so if you dont have the cash at launch it shouldn't be to hard to have it held while you scrounge it up. It also seems like you plan on doing what I am going to do and will be getting the Wind Waker Wii U bundle as well as the real physical limited edition copy of the game. Also take into consideration then that you will be able to sell/trade the code voucher that comes with the system for the download copy of the game (unless its gonna be built into the system or require some system authentication bullshit for it to download) so you will have that as a bartering chip towards a future purchase as well.

It's simple business. Nintendo has so much stuff coming out lately, it'd be stupid not to milk it as much as possible.

Because Nintendo is a Publisher. Not the Creator.

Why would Gamefreak wait and lose profit so that more people could buy Zelda games.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!