1. #1

    Spirits of Harmony - Spend or Save for 5.4?

    Hi everyone,

    I have several dozen Spirits of Harmonies across my toons, including on my Blacksmith and Leather worker. Is there a reason for keeping them in 5.4 for these professions, or would it be better to buy Golden Lotus' with them and transmute green quality gems to blue quality gems?

    Cheers.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  2. #2
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point. I have about 100 saved across several toons that don't even have professions, and I've spent every single one on the chars that do have professions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  3. #3
    Field Marshal TJkroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point. I have about 100 saved across several toons that don't even have professions, and I've spent every single one on the chars that do have professions.

    Can you not buy more matts with toons that have SoH, and send them to your crafters?

  4. #4
    The Lightbringer Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I have several dozen Spirits of Harmonies across my toons, including on my Blacksmith and Leather worker. Is there a reason for keeping them in 5.4 for these professions, or would it be better to buy Golden Lotus' with them and transmute green quality gems to blue quality gems?

    Cheers.
    Best to spend imo. There are no new recipes specfically requiring Spirits of Harmony next patch. I anticipate Trillium prices, however, going way up due to higher demand for living steel for the engineering pets/mounts, as well as the new blacksmithing pattern which requires 6 trillium.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I think it's just stupid at this point.

    It is stupid. But unbinding them would mean you're spending less time out in the world grinding them on toons that you do need them on.

    Kudos to Blizzard though for being very successful at making everyone think there is more to do in MoP, at the risk of losing subs.

  6. #6
    If you're looking to speculate go with Trillium and Living Steel. If you absolutely don't need the SoH you can always stockpile them till 6.0. I have a ton of them on 2 different toons and I am only holding onto them in the hopes that they make them non-binding at the end of the expansion so I can send to my tailor.

  7. #7
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    off the forest
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I have several dozen Spirits of Harmonies across my toons, including on my Blacksmith and Leather worker. Is there a reason for keeping them in 5.4 for these professions, or would it be better to buy Golden Lotus' with them and transmute green quality gems to blue quality gems?

    Cheers.
    new patch, new gear, new enchants, LW leg enchants require soh, spending it now on anything else is a waste.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    new patch, new gear, new enchants, LW leg enchants require soh, spending it now on anything else is a waste.
    I haven't seen anything from patch 5.4 that requires SoH's. Could you provide a link to something that does? I know the LW leg enchants need them, but I have quite a stockpile of them already, so don't really need any SoH's for that purpose anytime soon.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    I haven't seen anything from patch 5.4 that requires SoH's. Could you provide a link to something that does? I know the LW leg enchants need them, but I have quite a stockpile of them already, so don't really need any SoH's for that purpose anytime soon.
    Well if you have that many on the LW, make the leg enchants and profit on patch day/week ? Currently on my AH the Magnificent hide is 200g, AVERAGE leg enchant price is 700g-1000g, so I'm just stockpiling for next wednesday .
    What I wonder tho, will the Magnificent Hide "craft" become a daily cd ? Since if it will: start making cheap Magnificent Hide too to stockpile !
    And if you really don't know what to buy with the SoH: get to Shrine and convert to Golden Lotus for Flasks/Transmutes ? You just have thousands of gold laying on alts which you don't use ;-) !

    Good luck tho.

  10. #10
    Not being un-binded in 5.4 however I personally would keep them until they are more useful at least

  11. #11
    I just spent an hour logging all my toons and buying golden lotus's with them.....ended up with over 400 which made me a fair few flasks.

  12. #12
    I am Murloc! Descense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5,265
    I would save them to boost up arhelogy when expansion ends.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It is stupid. But unbinding them would mean you're spending less time out in the world grinding them on toons that you do need them on.
    Dude, they grow in farms. No one is grinding mobs for these things, we stopped doing that week three.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Dude, they grow in farms. No one is grinding mobs for these things, we stopped doing that week three.
    What? you can easily farm up a crazy amount in a short time by farming the Barrens mobs. I solo farmed ~9 or so in ~45? minutes, by myself. Not in a raid group. That 45 minutes just got me a ~9k-13.5k profit come patch day.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I seriously wish they'd unbind the stupid things. I have about 100 saved across several toons that don't even have professions
    I think it is the intent that only the Characters on who you invested Time and Effort of levelling Professions get to use the full benefit of Spirits. The Developers don't want to do 10x Profit of a Profession via Boa Spirits bypass.
    Capitalism, Ho!

  16. #16
    Save for 5.4 and unload all the materials to AH after a week of 5.4 or so.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk 1ns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    tdb
    Posts
    1,906
    Blueposts said they are to be unbinded towards the end of mop, which is 5.4 so hopefully now or in the end of 5.4/mop
    There is no such thing as "ability bloat" just l2fp.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It is stupid. But unbinding them would mean you're spending less time out in the world grinding them on toons that you do need them on.

    Kudos to Blizzard though for being very successful at making everyone think there is more to do in MoP, at the risk of losing subs.
    Other than the Barrens area which is a limited time thing (gone in 5.4), where exactly is all this "going into the world and grinding" coming into play? There aren't any good places and everyone just uses their farm and has for many months!

  19. #19
    I would save them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •