Rogue
    Lock
    Spriest
    Ele sham
    Hunter

Swap ins

Disc Priest
    Gaurdian Druid

Just wondering if there is anything wrong going into 5.4 with this comp, 2 melee being an issue?

Why would 2 melee be an issue?

That is a good raid comp with little gear overlaps with some non-healer raid CDs and you have 1 healer who can do decent dps. Only issues are 5 players potentially competing for conq gear and having 33% of your tanks and healers sitting out for every single fight, which might result in someone being underused and leaving.

As this isn't patch 5.1, I don't quite understand the obsession with disc priests being "essential" in every raid comp. Unless they are running some unusual healing comp like double resto shamans / any healer, most healing comps should work. Paladins bring strong raid CDs while MW is counted as a melee class and provides strong throughput and mobility.

Some melee is fine as long as they are not tunnellers and know how to use their raid utility CDs. Many of the more challenging boss mechanics do not target them by default which is an advantage.

Disclaimer: I did copy and paste from my previous post with some modifications as there are a million of such threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically 3 melee since mistweaver counts as one for most raid mechanics.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

^ well mistweavers do count as melee but they don't always need to stand in melee, so they sort of get the best of both worlds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Why would 2 melee be an issue?
    I think many people are reading too much into what the world first guilds are doing without really understanding and relating back to their own raiding situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post
    ^ well mistweavers do count as melee but they don't always need to stand in melee, so they sort of get the best of both worlds.

I think many people are reading too much into what the world first guilds are doing without really understanding and relating back to their own raiding situations.
    Yeah I was kind of hoping the question would make the OP consider his own situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitney Houston View Post

If MW are in melee they can abuse the LMG (meta) to gain back 24k mana every time it procs, so they SHOULD be primarily in melee

Prot pal
    Brewmaster

Disc priest
    MW monk

Range
    Range
    Range
    Range
    Range
    Range (or rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't really checked out much on the PTR, but would 3 melee be plausible for SoO (mostly just curious if it has any mechanics like Iron Quon that would make it less desirable than it already is).

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I haven't really checked out much on the PTR, but would 3 melee be plausible for SoO (mostly just curious if it has any mechanics like Iron Quon that would make it less desirable than it already is).
    Speaking from general overview and not having tested, I'd think 3 melee is a bit of overkill. 2 is pushing it but doable, 3 would be asking for trouble IMO, although I'm sure it COULD still be done, just it would obv be harder.

Deleted
    We did 12/13hc in ToT with 3 melees so I think people worry far too much about having melees or not....

Quote Originally Posted by way2go View Post
    We did 12/13hc in ToT with 3 melees so I think people worry far too much about having melees or not....
    Well, it's not so much "You can't do anything with 3 melee" it's more like "Could you do more/faster/better without 3 melee".

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Well, it's not so much "You can't do anything with 3 melee" it's more like "Could you do more/faster/better without 3 melee".
    Make up your mind. first you said "2 is pushing it but do-able" and "3 is asking for trouble" and now its "could you do more / faster / better without 3 melee"

You are vague and inconsistent.

2 melee for his level of raiding is perfectly fine, its not "pushing it" at all. I'll agree that 3 isn't ideal for some bosses and tortos is the only current one that springs to mind. From what I've seen of the SoO bosses - and that's not an awful lot - I'd stand by 2 being perfectly fine.

If you are chasing world firsts and high rankings, well, frankly those people don't ask those questions here and have an army of alts so they can make what they believe to be the best possible comp for each encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    We actually found H IQ easier when we had to do it with 4 melee.