Ra-den tips! Help me again friends!

Haste is the best stat nowadays cuz' of the rppm trinkets, leg meta gem and stuff, but I was thinking like "Sometimes I have to stop hitting Ra-den for some mechanics, could mastery be good for it?". So I'm here looking for your tips, at Ra-den what's the best? Mastery? or Haste?

English ain't my primary language so, calm down, haha.

I'm raiding 10m with a monk tanking.

Thanks guys, I know that you can be truly helpful that's why I'm here! Let the -help- begin, haha.

Honestly you are off Ra-den for a very small amount of time and I don't see that shifting your stat priorities in a way that would result in a non trivial outcome.

My tips from recent kills:

- I find Marked for Death amazing on this fight. Use it on the orbs and the adds, and then on the boss in P2.
    - Try and keep Rupture rolling on the boss if you can.
    - Make sure your raid bursts down the adds quickly - that saves a lot of raid damage.
    - Feint for explosions and in p2. If your raid dps is good, just ignore the healing balls. Elusiveness is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    If your raid dps is good, just ignore the healing balls. Elusiveness is your friend.
    This is probably the worst advice I continuously see on threads. Having your last phase last longer only means you're getting more damage, having less uptime on bloodlust/defensive cooldowns for healers, and giving more time for the damage-increasing balls to get through. Switching to the balls isn't a DPS loss until 20% or so (since the heal actually increases his maximum HP and therefore scales based on % HP remaining) therefore doing them until the 20% mark yields both a faster kill and much less damage taken.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

The largest damages are caused by AoE skills, like the balls exploding, could be Cheat Death better than Elusiveness? More safety for a few seconds where my healers can shield me and put my health up again.

Thanks for the tips until now, they are being helpful.

Once again, english ain't my main language. Keep help me guys, I'm a noob, at least, a noob with will for learn.

Quote Originally Posted by assaris View Post
    The largest damages are caused by AoE skills, like the balls exploding, could be Cheat Death better than Elusiveness? More safety for a few seconds where my healers can shield me and put my health up again.

Thanks for the tips until now, they are being helpful.

Once again, english ain't my main language. Keep help me guys, I'm a noob, at least, a noob with will for learn.
    There's no unexpected burst damage happening at any time, Elusiveness will provide with a much more smooth (and lower) damage income.

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    This is probably the worst advice I continuously see on threads. Having your last phase last longer only means you're getting more damage, having less uptime on bloodlust/defensive cooldowns for healers, and giving more time for the damage-increasing balls to get through. Switching to the balls isn't a DPS loss until 20% or so (since the heal actually increases his maximum HP and therefore scales based on % HP remaining) therefore doing them until the 20% mark yields both a faster kill and much less damage taken.
    If you ignore the balls and tunnel the boss it hardly lasts longer. A few seconds max. It goes from 40% to 30% in a matter of seconds.

We only raid 2 nights per week and so don't have BIS gear but have only ever tried this strat and have never wiped to raid damage in p2. First time and every time since we have got the kill this way, one time with only one healer alive in p2.

EDIT: this is on 10 man btw. No idea about whether this works on 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    If you ignore the balls and tunnel the boss it hardly lasts longer. A few seconds max. It goes from 40% to 30% in a matter of seconds.

We only raid 2 nights per week and so don't have BIS gear but have only ever tried this strat and have never wiped to raid damage in p2. First time and every time since we have got the kill this way, one time with only one healer alive in p2.

EDIT: this is on 10 man btw. No idea about whether this works on 25 man.
    Seeing as until 15% the balls have less HP than what they're going to heal, not really. I said switching at 20% because usually below that time spent switching actually makes it a loss, but before it isn't. I'm not saying it isn't doable, just that you're taking more damage than necessary and prolonging the fight longer than necessary.

We kill the healing ones until 30% which is really just the first one as by the time the second one gets to him he is at like 28%. The first ball of whatever flavor will probably reach him at around 35% and 3.5% of his hp is significantly more hp than that ball has. Now exactly when it isn't worth it anymore is vague since you do lose efficiency having to ramp up after swapping to the ball.

If its on farm then I can see why you might just want to be lazy, but a couple percent on a progression pull can be pretty huge.

Deleted
    Seeing as until 15% the balls have less HP than what they're going to heal, not really. I said switching at 20% because usually below that time spent switching actually makes it a loss, but before it isn't. I'm not saying it isn't doable, just that you're taking more damage than necessary and prolonging the fight longer than necessary.
    In 10 man with semi-decent gear (which any guild that done Lei Shen HC has), it really is a bad advice to switch and kill the healing orb. From checking our logs on the first kill we done (where we killed the orbs till about 20-25%), it was a clear DPS loss to do so. Really, the heal does almost nothing especialy since the HP increase % counts him dying at 5.5%, it is almost nothing and not having to move/target switch is much better. Plus you avoid the risk of failing the soaking, which while trivial, can always happen.

I heard it doesn't work in 25 man as you actually risk him buging out into a 1/1 HP unkillable mob.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    It's important to note that the heal is not a true 10% of current hp. It's %-5.4 * .10, since he always is defeated at 5.4%.. i.e. keep in mind that when he eats the orb the amount of health you have to bring him down to also gets increased. Thus if he was at 30% and ate an orb, his "heal" is for 30-5.4 * .10 = 2.46% which as stated above, is insignificant enough to just not kill the orbs.
    Last edited by mmoc50845cc2fa; 2013-09-04 at 11:14 PM.

Which is a 12.5m heal (the 30% example). I can understand being lazy during farm, but on progress speeding up the fight is a significant gain being that the balls have 3.8m hp.
    Last edited by Fluorescent0; 2013-09-05 at 12:05 AM.

Deleted
    I think it depends. On progress pre-5.3 without gear upgrades/overgearing the place? Absolutely. On progress now(where I don't see any guild being on Lei Shen without 540+ on almost everyone)? I'd say it's safer to just nuke boss.

I guess you should judge the safety of just stacked up Patchwerk fight + 100% uptime on boss DPS vs a bit more risk/target switching but shorter phase 2 where the damage can get out of hand. The 3.8 milion vs 12.5 milion (30% example) ends up being a lot closer due to melee having to run out, most classes have some sort of ramp-up time, lost uptime on boss etc.

EDIT: Anyway, for more Rogue oriented tips - our rogue doesn't really change anything for this fight (he runs haste build). Just be careful when switching to balls to avoid getting unstable vita bounced at you, and if you have an arcane mage/destro lock/some other strong orb ranged DPS, tricks them. Full CP Kidney on Crackling stalker is also nice. Feint + Elusiveness is your friend like mentioned, and obviously Smoke Bomb is awesome in p2.
    Last edited by mmoc50845cc2fa; 2013-09-05 at 12:17 AM.

Rogue tips for Ra-Den

-Shadowstep to get to orbs quickly. Be sure to wait for unstable vita if it's about to go off.
    -Nerve Strike for Crackling add.
    -Tricks the tank on cooldown, especially if Monk. The damage they do is insane, so might as well add to it!
    -Elusiveness is mandatory on this fight, needed to soak red orb damage in phase 2. Also helps since you want to keep feint uptime near 100% in phase 2.
    -Smoke Bomb glyph for phase 2, make sure to catch the tank in the smoke.

Other things to note: We kill any lifegain orbs until 25% when we lust and burn. Not sure if that is actually optimal but it hasn't failed us. Also, I use a mastery>haste build but really that just means mastery gems and reforging 2-3 pieces differently with my current gear.

Ra-den down, guys! Thanks for all tips, were trully helpful. See you all next patch!

Quote Originally Posted by assaris View Post
    Ra-den down, guys! Thanks for all tips, were trully helpful. See you all next patch!
    You mean the day after tomorrow? Congratulations!

You mean the day after tomorrow? Congratulations!
    Can't stay away from you guys so long! Hahaha. Til' there!