Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    This is sad

I was hoping for that he would get shanked by another inmate :|
    My thoughts when I read about this earlier. I would've felt much better knowing he was raped and shanked to death. But like it's been said earlier. This saves a little tax payer money on imprisonment I guess.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

You guys actually mad about him being dead? So fucking what! At least the system saved alot money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    You guys actually mad about him being dead? So fucking what! At least the system saved alot money.
    Not sure what you have been reading most are glad he is dead but just point out he is a coward.

But he had only 1000 years to go.

Good riddance...he saved the taxpayers the cost of keeping his sorry behind alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it matters, if it was suicide, it was likely a spur of the moment decision. Most (successful) suicides are. I don't really think I care either way if he lived or died.

I saw this thread name and thought "Fidel had a daughter? And now she's dead. sad news." I was pleasantly surprised. And also amused that a boy's parents would be cruel enough to give their son a girl's name.

all these posts about the taxpayers saving some money are on a different level of ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    all these posts about the taxpayers saving some money are on a different level of ridiculous.
    Are we wrong?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Are we wrong?
    It's a bad precedent to start.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's a bad precedent to start.
    Because this man deserves tact?

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If only he'd done that before committing those terrible crimes.
    My thoughts exactly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because this man deserves tact?
    If we're going to be better then he is. Yes. But you can feel what you wish.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-09-04 at 06:42 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    If we're going to be better then he is. Yes.
    Nonchalance and/or apathy towards his death doesn't put me at the level of Ariel Castro. Spitting on Hitler's grave doesn't make me worse than him. Don't be ridiculous -- there is a threshold of inhumanity that can be crossed that when crossed allows us to call people out and I'm pretty sure Ariel Castro crossed that threshold.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-09-04 at 06:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I saw this thread name and thought "Fidel had a daughter? And now she's dead. sad news." I was pleasantly surprised. And also amused that a boy's parents would be cruel enough to give their son a girl's name.
    Ariel is a neutral name, from what i know, can be used both for boys and girls.
    Also, his childhood was quite screwed up, in any case, from what i read some psychiatrists say. Not that it excuses what he did, but it helps understand how a human being can become so devoid of empathy and obsessed with exerting power over others. Understanding the genesis of a monster hopefully will help us keeping other humans from ever becoming monsters.

Are we wrong?
    The amount each individual saves is as significant as the change in the fucking sea level would be if you added a teaspoon of water to it. People use that same line of non-reason to justify the death penalty too - it's pathetic.

Plus the principle behind that sentiment can apply to more than just Ariel Castro's death. Oh, some war veteran who lost all his limbs and is on financial assistance died? At least the taxpayers save some money. It's a spastic philosophy in more ways than one. If you're glad someone died, just fucking say as much. "Woe are the poor taxpayers" doesn't belong in any kind of discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I doubt he really suicided all by himself... I mean those guys in there do terrible things to rapists, pedophiles etc, it was probably an "assisted" suicide with not much of his approval.

Really glad he no longer breathes my air.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The amount each individual saves is as significant as the change in the fucking sea level would be if you added a teaspoon of water to it. People use that same line of non-reason to justify the death penalty too - it's pathetic.

Plus the principle behind that sentiment can apply to more than just Ariel Castro's death. Oh, some war veteran who lost all his limbs and is on financial assistance died? At least the taxpayers save some money. It's a spastic philosophy in more ways than one. If you're glad someone died, just fucking say as much. "Woe are the poor taxpayers" doesn't belong in any kind of discussion.
    I don't fucking care either way about Castro. I know he was a bad man who did bad things (to say it quite simply). My statement "At least we saved some money" is a factual neutral statement that has no agenda hidden between the words. If a war veteran dies then yes, we do save some money as well, but I'm sure there are many other things we can say about him if we care to say anything at all. What do we say about Castro? Tell me what the fuck am I supposed to say about Castro? Woe the passage of a man who donned gratuitous beard? I could say many bad things, I'm sure, but there are many others who will express such horrible yet deserved sentiments and frankly I just don't want to get emotional.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2013-09-04 at 06:46 AM.

And nothing of value was lost.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

And no, no other inmates were involved, he was in secure segregation. Just him in his cell, with check-in patrols every half-hour. He was never in general population.