Thread: just staring

just staring

like the title says id like to hear if i am alone in this or not...could it be something else i dont know..

i log in every day for most of the day and have times i just stare at the screen and stand there , doing nothing...other moments i just level up characters and delete and lvl new ones...most characters dont make it past level 20 and i start over..

whats with the staring ?? is that plane old boredom after leveling for a full (what was it ? 8 years?) wowtime since vanilla.

i mean , it could just as easily be my handicap, in which i dont do dungeons , scenarios, raids (or lfr) for a reason ..oh and neither do i do pvp etc for a reason. when archeology came out i did that until i got what i wanted (the title professor) when pet battles came up i did that until i got what i wanted (title zookeeper) and then all those casual things are thrown at the sideline and never looked into again...

i see a lot of players being afk in cityhubs and i wondered are they actually there , like me, just staring? or are they busy doing real life stuff..
    ofcourse i have real life stuf too and i actually do them but i have a lot of free time, and i spent most of it in wow .

to get back at the handicap (because that question might come up) why i dont do the basic things in the game is because i miss a brainlink/stamp thing in my head which causes tiredness...no focus or you could also say numbness/blurryness in my head , which might be the reason why i am unable to do things for periods of times.maybe i just need good pokes to activate me ..but if anything i want, its join the rest of wowplayers in all the things wow offers..

is it boredom or that ?

Quote Originally Posted by jaiks View Post
    like the title says id like to hear if i am alone in this or not...could it be something else i dont know..

i log in every day for most of the day and have times i just stare at the screen and stand there , doing nothing...other moments i just level up characters and delete and lvl new ones...most characters dont make it past level 20 and i start over..

whats with the staring ?? is that plane old boredom after leveling for a full (what was it ? 8 years?) wowtime since vanilla.

i mean , it could just as easily be my handicap, in which i dont do dungeons , scenarios, raids (or lfr) for a reason ..oh and neither do i do pvp etc for a reason. when archeology came out i did that until i got what i wanted (the title professor) when pet battles came up i did that until i got what i wanted (title zookeeper) and then all those casual things are thrown at the sideline and never looked into again...

i see a lot of players being afk in cityhubs and i wondered are they actually there , like me, just staring? or are they busy doing real life stuff..
    ofcourse i have real life stuf too and i actually do them but i have a lot of free time, and i spent most of it in wow .

to get back at the handicap (because that question might come up) why i dont do the basic things in the game is because i miss a brainlink/stamp thing in my head which causes tiredness...no focus or you could also say numbness/blurryness in my head , which might be the reason why i am unable to do things for periods of times.maybe i just need good pokes to activate me ..but if anything i want, its join the rest of wowplayers in all the things wow offers..

is it boredom or that ?
    Are you asking to be psychoanalyzed?

Clearly you aren't very interested in the game anymore, quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you only do solo content and never level past 20.. yea maybe MMO genre is not for you.

not really psychoanalyzed..
    but if you consider the handicap AND the possible boredom , which would it be i still like the leveling part but just not past lvl 20 ,i have 4 accounts with numurous characters and i switch from toon to toon every 15 minutes or something. I STILL LIKE the leveling (to repeat myself)
    i just do it over and over xD

oh and are all those cityhub afkers also staring or just like it should ...really afk...

If you don't actually do anything in WoW other than level characters I'm not surprised you get bored quickly. I'd have in vanilla if I didn't raid/PvP, that's for sure.

As for just logging in and staring at the screen, I do that sometimes. Usually when I'm tired or if I'm hoping somebody logs on to play with. Usually though I only play WoW for 9 hours a week, three 3 hour long raids, and I don't touch it the other 4 days at all.

You're likely suffering from at least mild depression and WoW just isn't the crutch for you. I'd recommend trying something with a strong story-driven motivation like a JPG or a Bethesda game and see if it keeps happening. If so, you need someone to talk to and possibly a trip to a therapist eventually.

hmm it could indeed be i dont like MMO genre, but on the other hand i chat like crazy in guildchat...its not like i do a total solitaire lvling

hmm whats a jpg?
    and i know bethesdagames yes
    Last edited by jaiks; 2013-09-04 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiks View Post
    hmm it could indeed be i dont like MMO genre, but on the other hand i chat like crazy in guildchat...its not like i do a total solitaire lvling

hmm whats a jpg?
    and i know bethesdagames yes
    He probably ment JRPG - Japan RPG.
    I would suggest you try Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

thx ill look into that
    ./runs off closing four accounts xD

Don't list to the ignorant people here. I do the same thing. I keep leveling characters at low levels ( except I don't delete them ). I just like 1-12 leveling better than the rest. I also stare at the character selection screen trying to decide which character to play.

I had what you have and I quit then after about 1 year of real AFKness... I came back to do some very casual stuff (used to be hardcore). Though I haven't really played for 4 weeks now apart from logging in and doing some old instances for transmog in one setting, I am again ready to quit now. Just waiting for the next patch and killing Garrosh then quitting again. Perhaps for good. Time will tell.

ah ok.
    thx for your answer silverrendy

means i am not alone .
    that gets my hopes up as indeed i do enjoy the game but just lowlvl.
    on the other hand it also means my handicap makes me stare as well and its not boredom
    hmm..

I have meet and know alot of people that seem to play WoW for the social aspect mostly.
    They can sit in a city for hours and just talk, and dont care about anything else.

Myself, on those "down" days where the actuall game play doesnt intress me at all, i often find myself AFKing in cities doing professions and AH-ing.

I sometimes also stare. But not in the same way you do.
    I stare at my character selection to figure out what char to log, and what in heavens name to do after I chose one.
    There is just to much to do in the tiny amount of time I have to play. That's why I stare and do nothing but I shouldn't be doing that because there is so much things to do.. but what do I want ://

i have a hard time making choices as well ..i never know what i want

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible to stare so hard that your pupils start to bleed?
    Hi

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel like you're bored, adventure and spread out your gaming career. Find other alternatives that you can multitask, while you enjoy gaming here and there. Whether you're bored or burned out, doing something or playing the same game for constant hours isn't healthy. Find a balance at which you approach your activities and responsibilities.

Try something new out, like .... getting work and work full time for money
    Take a break
    And when you get to bored and your life goes back wow, come find me, tell me your story
    (Supernatural fans will get this)
    Last edited by Styx1992; 2013-09-04 at 09:35 AM.

ehm styx1992 let me just stop your suggestion by telling you i am unable to work due to the handicap i mentioned and its not as easy as do simple fitting work you CAN do nevertheless..it doesnt work that way..ive tried to work in the past , i even did a college and finished it ...but work isnt just possible ...i am not as healthy as a `normal healthy person`if you could call it that as everyone usually has SOMEthing..doctors did research with MRI scan and such and told me i have a missing brainpart that connects every crucial part you could possibly imagine and yet i live....
    it disrupts a whole lot of aspects in life and i just play wow to keep busy in a days time.