Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Yes, it's alot easier to farm badges than farm lfr to get gear that MIGHT drop. Badges = no rng



    And those people tend to get kicked from the group rather quickly



    I personally do not agree with gating content at all because they gate lfr and flex now to falsely keep those people playing longer till they clear it. Normal modes and Hardmodes have a longer life span because of difficulty.

    Since you wanna change the subject Do you think SoO will be another DS/ICC where we have it for a yr
    I doubt we're going to be running SoO on the same order of magnitude as icc or ds, simply because blizzard has come out and stated many times this expac that they want to get content out faster. Does that mean we get 5.5/6.0 in the next 3 months? No, but I also doubt we're going to be waiting upwards of 10+ months like we did last expac, waiting for DS to be over.

  2. #242
    Dreadlord Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    No, I didn't forget about badges, I simply misunderstood what you meant by getting tier. However, on the point of badges, you really think that today's lfr community is going to farm badges? To put forth any effort, however insignificant it may be, to get more reward? People already queue up for lfr and afk the ENTIRE time. So don't even try that shit, because it's ridiculous.

    The entire conflict that you started out here with was about gating anyway. I've laid out why Blizzard gates content, and you just refuse to acknowledge it, so I guess you wanted to change the topic to something else.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I know, but what I'm getting at is the player base. Of course you're going to get some n/h raiders when you queue into an lfr. I was pointing out the disparity of the players that solely run lfr who also don't take the time or effort to know how to play their class. If you were to take my example, and add in normal and heroic raiders to the mix of puggers, then you have what lfr is presently, not the scenario I was laying out.
    The issue being your scenario would be such an astronomically low possibility I wouldn't even consider it as good data to any sort of analysis. And to be perfectly clear. There are many, -MANY- Lfr raiders who are ex normal, ex heroic that not only take the effort to spend 5 minutes at icy veins.com and learn how2class, but also know how to gear it and spec it. And yes, there are people that stack stam as BRM monks or don't use thunder focus tea (giving broad examples because I'm not listing every possible fault) and that's pretty bad on their part, however the point still remains that a situation where 25 random people (heroic raiders, normal raiders, good players running said content, idiots, players who have gear but play subpar) could still defeat a 25 normal raid boss, as they did in times previous. Would it take time to do such things, and much understanding on the parts of the players who don't know any better? Yes. Will there be hiccups, stupid wipes? Yes. Will it be the smoothest run ever? No. But people aren't as stupid as you claim them to be.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  3. #243
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    1. Blizzard does never cater to real raiders. They want people to stay and play their game. Lots of LFR heros sub for clearing the content in 1 evening and unsub again. Then they go to twitter and the forums and write stuff like "GC, if you change LFR I will unsub in a second and never come back!". Still Blizzard catered to them with LFR in the first place and now they have a problem of very big magnitude.
    Say it with me Blizzard is a business, They want to make money. Who would you cater to? the majority of your customers or the minority?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    2. When some LFR hero comes and states that he unsubs because he can't clear all of LFR in week 1, what would be the difference? He would still unsub after clearing LFR in week 1 if it were possible.
    Well the funny thing is those people are probably unsubbed allready and wont resub till all wings of LFR are unlocked. In fact if I do recall correctly the reason why they said they gated LFR was because Raiders in raiding guilds bitched, whined, cryed, pissed and moaned how they were forced to do lfr.

  4. #244
    Dreadlord Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    I doubt we're going to be running SoO on the same order of magnitude as icc or ds, simply because blizzard has come out and stated many times this expac that they want to get content out faster. Does that mean we get 5.5/6.0 in the next 3 months? No, but I also doubt we're going to be waiting upwards of 10+ months like we did last expac, waiting for DS to be over.
    To be fair, two expansions in a row we waited 10 months-a year for an expansion. The promise of faster content and faster expansions and the faith I gave to blizzard on a personal level was lost when mop was delayed a year. You can probably expect them to do the same with the next expansion as they will probably wait for next June or later to finish it. 9 months of SoO reporting in. (Also notice both times they stated they were working on the expansions for years before they were actually announced)
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  5. #245
    Wow, this whining and qq from the entitled casual playerbase is amazing. They wan be just lik teh hardkor rayiders! They wan all purpl epix nao in their hands! It is this entitlement that has ruined this game. Hey guess what casual players, maybe this game isnt for you with the amount of whining you do on such little things.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The issue being your scenario would be such an astronomically low possibility I wouldn't even consider it as good data to any sort of analysis. And to be perfectly clear. There are many, -MANY- Lfr raiders who are ex normal, ex heroic that not only take the effort to spend 5 minutes at icy veins.com and learn how2class, but also know how to gear it and spec it. And yes, there are people that stack stam as BRM monks or don't use thunder focus tea (giving broad examples because I'm not listing every possible fault) and that's pretty bad on their part, however the point still remains that a situation where 25 random people (heroic raiders, normal raiders, good players running said content, idiots, players who have gear but play subpar) could still defeat a 25 normal raid boss, as they did in times previous. Would it take time to do such things, and much understanding on the parts of the players who don't know any better? Yes. Will there be hiccups, stupid wipes? Yes. Will it be the smoothest run ever? No. But people aren't as stupid as you claim them to be.
    Again mana, I must really be failing at communicating my point >.< I wasn't laying out a hypothetical scenario where it's wotlk and lfr just got implemented, and lo and behold, and of the 25 people that just got grouped, not a single one has ever raided. I was just commenting on the overall state of people in lfr. Of course there are people who are very skilled who do lfr, may have done bleeding edge progression in the past even. I was never saying anything contrary, just that the stereotypical lfr player, and we all know the kind of player I mean, would not have been doing raids back in wrath, or before 4.3 for that matter.

  7. #247
    For Blizzard it is business: There is nothing to gain by opening all of LFR week 1. Those who say they will sub later when all is open would still just sub now and leave after one month as they will in October. Those who are still subbed would just kill Garrosh next week and unsub and never come back till next expansion.

    Please tell me what will Blizzard gain by opening all of LFR in week 1.

  8. #248
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, this whining and qq from the entitled casual playerbase is amazing. They wan be just lik teh hardkor rayiders! They wan all purpl epix nao in their hands! It is this entitlement that has ruined this game. Hey guess what casual players, maybe this game isnt for you with the amount of whining you do on such little things.

    That's funny...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=jaylock that's you right? You should not scream about casual players and act like your a hardcore raider when you only done lfr.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-04 at 10:49 PM.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Say it with me Blizzard is a business, They want to make money. Who would you cater to? the majority of your customers or the minority?



    Well the funny thing is those people are probably unsubbed allready and wont resub till all wings of LFR are unlocked. In fact if I do recall correctly the reason why they said they gated LFR was because Raiders in raiding guilds bitched, whined, cryed, pissed and moaned how they were forced to do lfr.
    But that was my original point to you, that is NOT why it's gated. It's gated to mimic standard normal/heroic progression by normal/heroic guilds. Players crying on the forums has never been why blizzard changes things in their game. That's not to say they don't take in feedback on matters, but the crowd that gets on the forums and says "Hey blizzard, fuck these noobs and lfr, us REAL raiders deserve to see it first" is ignored, I promise you.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    To be fair, it's not really any different than playing a sport. I used to play Hockey 3-4 times a week(2x training 2x games) and I would absolutely schedule my other real life stuff around that, now that I'm a bit older I use that time for WoW. It's not a huge commitment, but if you can play 10-12 hours a week you can definitely raid normal+, you just need to want to... Clearly you don't. There's nothing wrong with that, but don't try and make up excuses for it.
    Exactly, it is about the desire to schedule to raid. I was arguing against the guy who said that most people didn´t raid because they were ´bad´. Agree with you exactly, it is just making a commitment to say that raiding on those nights is a priority.

    I am going to be raiding flex when 5.4 starts ( my first real raiding since vanilla). The biggest draw for me is the flex part of it. if I am miss a week, it is not a huge issue, nor will there be guild drama, nor will I lose my spot the next week etc etc. That has always been my issue with raiding since vanilla. If you have 10 or 25 man teams, then two things are going to happen. You are going to have to punish people who don´t show up, and at the same time, you are going to have to have ´extras´on standby who end up not being able to raid with you. Those two ´scheduling´ issue are what kept me out of raiding all these years. I don´t want ingame drama if something happens in my personal life, and now as a guild leader, I don´t want to have to punish people for not showing up, or to have to sit someone who does show up but doesn´t have a slot available.

    It should be fairly easy to keep a 15 man team going.. and if we grow to 20 and start pushing 25, easy to break into two groups without ever having to sit anyone or having any ackward moments with those hard and fast 10 man limits.

  11. #251
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    For Blizzard it is business: There is nothing to gain by opening all of LFR week 1. Those who say they will sub later when all is open would still just sub now and leave after one month as they will in October. Those who are still subbed would just kill Garrosh next week and unsub and never come back till next expansion.

    Please tell me what will Blizzard gain by opening all of LFR in week 1.
    To be honest they gain nothing. As said before they said they gated LFR was because Raiders in raiding guilds bitched, whined, cryed, pissed and moaned how they were forced to do lfr.

  12. #252
    Dreadlord Manabomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Posts
    920
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    Again mana, I must really be failing at communicating my point >.< I wasn't laying out a hypothetical scenario where it's wotlk and lfr just got implemented, and lo and behold, and of the 25 people that just got grouped, not a single one has ever raided. I was just commenting on the overall state of people in lfr. Of course there are people who are very skilled who do lfr, may have done bleeding edge progression in the past even. I was never saying anything contrary, just that the stereotypical lfr player, and we all know the kind of player I mean, would not have been doing raids back in wrath, or before 4.3 for that matter.
    In that particular post I was pointing more toward a current tier 25 man raid boss that 25 random people would be able to complete, with relative difficulty, but still complete.

    Yes, there are stereotypical lfr players, but you're honestly willing to punish a few idiots for the purpose of feeling better about a title or normal/heroic weapons, other than defeating it on 1-3 difficulties higher than the rest? It's stupidity.
    Reduce- Iconic class abilities, complexity and meaningful rotations, usefulness of any one class in a raid group
    Reuse- A continent from 3 expansions ago, a story arch from 3 games ago, characters that would otherwise be dead
    Recycle- A beaten to death plot-line, the nostalgia goggles for TBC, bossfight mechanics that make patchwerk seem complex
    The three R's of Warlords of Draenor and that doesn't even mention flying, #savekarabor, blizzard store, tier to tier ilvl skips.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, this whining and qq from the entitled casual playerbase is amazing. They wan be just lik teh hardkor rayiders! They wan all purpl epix nao in their hands! It is this entitlement that has ruined this game. Hey guess what casual players, maybe this game isnt for you with the amount of whining you do on such little things.
    I am on neither side of this argument. But let me ask you this. What do you think this thread would look like if LFR was launched on day 1. It would be full of raiders crying and complaining about being forced to run LFR. The words would be different, but the amount of crying would be exactly the same.

    Also, in this entire thread, I believe I saw 2 players who actually complained about the delayed release of LFR. 13 pages of posts, 2 complaints.. not sure that is very much.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    That's funny...http://us.battle.net/wow/en/search?q=jaylock that's you right? You should not scream about casual players and act like your a hardcore raider when you only done lfr.
    It seems as though some people lack the capacity to think, and jump to conclusions very quickly on these forums. Did you ever think about the fact that players have alt characters? Did you ever think about the fact that jaylock is just a forum name that I use? Did you ever think about the fact that I am no longer subbed to this game, and therefore it would not matter what content I have, or have not done. Also, do you see me crying about content not being available right away?

    No. I am not whining, and I am fair in my assessment that it is lame and pathetic that people are doing so, and it highlights the entitled nature of the casual playerbase.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    For Blizzard it is business: There is nothing to gain by opening all of LFR week 1. Those who say they will sub later when all is open would still just sub now and leave after one month as they will in October. Those who are still subbed would just kill Garrosh next week and unsub and never come back till next expansion.

    Please tell me what will Blizzard gain by opening all of LFR in week 1.
    Agreed completely. People here do not realize that anyone who only runs LFR has a huge amount of upgrades available to them on the Timeless Island. There are, I would guess, 0 players who are going to log in on Sept 10th and say ´omg, there is no LFR, I have nothing to do this week´..

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I am on neither side of this argument. But let me ask you this. What do you think this thread would look like if LFR was launched on day 1. It would be full of raiders crying and complaining about being forced to run LFR. The words would be different, but the amount of crying would be exactly the same.

    Also, in this entire thread, I believe I saw 2 players who actually complained about the delayed release of LFR. 13 pages of posts, 2 complaints.. not sure that is very much.
    Saying things like "oh i guess it looks like I will be only resubbing on the 22th of october" is an implication of qq and entitled attitudes from the casual playerbase.
    World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
    See you in WoD!

  17. #257
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    It seems as though some people lack the capacity to think, and jump to conclusions very quickly on these forums. Did you ever think about the fact that players have alt characters? Did you ever think about the fact that jaylock is just a forum name that I use? Did you ever think about the fact that I am no longer subbed to this game, and therefore it would not matter what content I have, or have not done. Also, do you see me crying about content not being available right away?

    No. I am not whining, and I am fair in my assessment that it is lame and pathetic that people are doing so, and it highlights the entitled nature of the casual playerbase.

    Nope got it from your old sig and there is no reason to be upset that I pointed out you seem pretty Causal your self but hey don't let me interrupt your whining about people whining

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Agreed completely. People here do not realize that anyone who only runs LFR has a huge amount of upgrades available to them on the Timeless Island. There are, I would guess, 0 players who are going to log in on Sept 10th and say ´omg, there is no LFR, I have nothing to do this week´..
    What Il is the Timeless isle stuff

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Saying things like "oh i guess it looks like I will be only resubbing on the 22th of october" is an implication of qq and entitled attitudes from the casual playerbase.
    As Azrile said TWO people were complaining

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    In that particular post I was pointing more toward a current tier 25 man raid boss that 25 random people would be able to complete, with relative difficulty, but still complete.

    Yes, there are stereotypical lfr players, but you're honestly willing to punish a few idiots for the purpose of feeling better about a title or normal/heroic weapons, other than defeating it on 1-3 difficulties higher than the rest? It's stupidity.
    Wait what? No, I don't care that players get to do lfr, doesn't bother me at all. Not sure where you drew that conclusion about me from. To each his own, like I said in this thread a while back, I only play with my guildmates, so lfr has zero impact on me. I don't think I'm a special snowflake, never have.

  19. #259
    Bloodsail Admiral Shudder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,046
    I'm loving the wait for the LFR heroes. In my opinion it should be longer. Gating is the only way to make them experience "progression". You should never be able to down the final boss in 30 minutes.

  20. #260
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm loving the wait for the LFR heroes. In my opinion it should be longer. Gating is the only way to make them experience "progression". You should never be able to down the final boss in 30 minutes.
    Meh as someone said earlier "oh i guess it looks like I will be only re-subbing on the 22th of October". Blizzard already said Gating was added to LFR because Raiders in raiding keep saying they are forced to do lfr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •