Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    Actually it does track xfers and alts, but that's a bit beyond the point, and I think you know it. You aren't even arguing your original point anymore, you're arguing with unholyness. Care to tell me why, if you care so deeply about this game, and wish you could have things in it, you're on mmoc forums picking arguments with other posters, instead of using your apparent free time in an otherwise overloaded schedule, to enjoy the game you're so adamantly passionate about?
    Funny... This isn't the original nor one of the first 5 names my priest has had and it's not actually showing any alts or server transfers. Can't play WoW on my iPhone, but I can browse and post on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    Actually it does track alts,server transfers and goes back to T8 which is pretty good. Nice server btw.
    Do you realize going back to t8 isn't even half of the game? You keep saying nice server like its some kind of insult. Do you not see how shallow and silly you are?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Seems fine to me.
    If you are clearing flex much faster than the gating, you are probably good enough to raid normal modes for better gear.
    If you are the target audience of flex, then you should not even notice the gating, especially after wing 2 is open (since the first three are kinda easy)
    If you are a normalmode raider, you can hopefully ignore lfr completely and only have to do some flex, if you want to be super hardcore about your gear progression.
    If you are a heroic raider you can ignore everything but normal/heroic if you arent super unlucky about that one setpiece/trinket you really want.

Lfr has to be gated by time instead of difficulty, since the target audience would burn through it in a day or two otherwise. Which would result in "ey dude? where is my content?" from the lfr guys and "thanks for ruining my epicness" from the rest.

In the end every audience, will get garrosh´s head at about the same time in their respective difficulty. Would be a better world, if no one would have to do any of the other less fun versions, but I think this is the best blizzard can do.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Funny... This isn't the original nor one of the first 5 names my priest has had and it's not actually showing any alts or server transfers. Can't play WoW on my iPhone, but I can browse and post on a forum.

Do you realize going back to t8 isn't even half of the game? You keep saying nice server like its some kind of insult. Do you not see how shallow and silly you are?
    Completely irrelevent, and I never stated that I used your mmoc name, your main is in your profile, a link to your priest, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iless/advanced

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...utus/Merciless

But all that is beside the point here. I'm not going to sit here and bash on you're accomplishments, because quite frankly, I don't fucking care. What irks me is players like you who, who are so delusional in their sense of entitlement in this game. We all pay $15 a month, yes. That doesn't mean you get to have what heroic raiders have. It never has.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, read this post by Bashiok, and take a seat.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882178141#19

Did I miss something? What does Flex have to do with the Virtual Realms? I was under the impression Flex was cross-realm by default as in I could invite RealID/BattleTag people on other realms to join a raid and do Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    Patch 5.4 - The patch that killed LFR (which is a good thing).

When the regular raiders stop doing LFR, LFR starts sucking with wiping on every boss (and wiping increasing as less experienced raiders come). With Flex now available all normal and better raiders have ZERO reason to go to LFR. LFR will only contain the people who HATE commitment and being social. It will turn into a wipe and flame fest like we've never seen which will scare off the remaining normal raiders who dare try to get that trinket that still hasn't dropped.

Even with the recently added failbuff, 5.4 will bring so much fail that people will just quit LFR again.

Good riddance!
    Disagree with this. Yes, if you get a tank or two with normal or heroic gear, it makes a difference. But other than that, in my experience, it was always normal raiders who were the ones who were afk, or being idiots in chat, or purposefully trying to wipe the group. They also are the ones who go on rants if there is a wipe.

yeah, LFR raiders probably are not as good of players as heroic raiders.. but for the most part, they are not the ones who made LFR unbearable. Without tanks from real raids, LFR will definitely be harder.. but that is just for the tanks.. DPS and healers are about the same, and it will be nice to get rid of the AFKers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Disagree with this. Yes, if you get a tank or two with normal or heroic gear, it makes a difference. But other than that, in my experience, it was always normal raiders who were the ones who were afk, or being idiots in chat, or purposefully trying to wipe the group. They also are the ones who go on rants if there is a wipe.

yeah, LFR raiders probably are not as good of players as heroic raiders.. but for the most part, they are not the ones who made LFR unbearable. Without tanks from real raids, LFR will definitely be harder.. but that is just for the tanks.. DPS and healers are about the same, and it will be nice to get rid of the AFKers.
    This is kind of true, the people most likely to be trolling or insulting everyone in LFR are the normal/heroic people just there for a trinket and wanting to "prove" how much LFR is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Kinda lame that Flex has to wait so long. Could give a shit about LFR but I don't get why Flex isn't one wing a week.
    Think of this.. if you have a 14 man Flex raid.. by the 4th or 5th week, won´t you be ready to take your 10 best into normal mode and kill bosses that are essentially exactly the same as they are in Flex

GC tweeted this last week that Flex is not available for cross realm raiding but may be available later in the patch. Old raids you can but he stated specifically that Flex isn't meant to be used cross realm, at least for the present.
    Blue post today contradicts GC's Tweet.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-a-lfr-raider/

Flex does have an accelerated unlock timetable, and the first wing will be available on day-one of the patch. While Flex has a lot of... flexibility, it still requires coordination of a raid leader to create a competent group. Potentially to your benefit though Flex is cross-realm, and groups can be built of multiple guilds and friends regardless of the realm they play on. Considering the increased difficulty of Flex we're not sure how successful day-one Siege of Orgrimmar Flex PUGs will be (and it is progression raiding, not just slightly harder LFR), but we're excited to see people give it a shot. That's probably an option a lot of current LFR-only raiders will find enticing, and could lead them to a regular raiding group, new friends, maybe a new guild, and even higher difficulty levels.

The sad reality is that people think Normal mode is 'hardcore' which shows just how far player's playing level has fallen. Normal mode is for the average player and is easy but no content is easy if you play incorrectly, standing in fire,bad dps/hps,no gems/chants, and have no rotation, then i guess normal would seem hardcore.

Player's used to become better player's or class leader's would help people become better player's but now it seems people go for a easier difficulty or come on here posting thousands of times saying they dont have time to raid, how ironic is that?
    Obviously you never raided in Vanilla. Anyone who raided vanilla will verify that for the first three raids, there were NO mechanisms at all on bosses. Besides the potions/grind and logistic stuff.. the actual fight mechanisms from vanilla were far easier than even LFR ToT. The majority of ´hardcore´ players spent 30 hours per week preparing for the raid, and then half the actual raid auto-shooting.

-October 22

Well my birthday present is a dead Garrosh. lol

Obviously you never raided in Vanilla. Anyone who raided vanilla will verify that for the first three raids, there were NO mechanisms at all on bosses. Besides the potions/grind and logistic stuff.. the actual fight mechanisms from vanilla were far easier than even LFR ToT. The majority of ´hardcore´ players spent 30 hours per week preparing for the raid, and then half the actual raid auto-shooting.
    to say the fights were easier would be correct. to say they didn't have any mechanics is simply not correct.

Well... I will admit I may have blown all CD's on the bloods on the way to Primordeus while hitting a defense to stay alive while watching others drop like flies...

Even so, my memories go back to when T15 LFR was first release the success rate was only good when regular raiders were present in all roles and shared their knowledge on how to kill the boss. Now they won't even be there anymore to share their knowledge. Many LFR's since have proven that nonraiders will almost never research the bosses themselves. So with no one there to say how to kill the boss you'll no doubt see stacks well greater than 5 of the failbuff and people still unable to kill the boss.

Trust me... the fail train is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by meloreandor View Post
    -October 22

Well my birthday present is a dead Garrosh. lol
    I'm thinking I'll try it on Oct 25.

"But we in it shall be remembered-
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition"
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Well the flex/lfr does not apply to me AT ALL but I still think it should be two weeks shorter than the whole thing plays out to be. If I was running that content instead of normal/heroic I would be quite disappointed because it would boil down to there not being shit to do after 2 hours on Tuesday for a few weeks.
    Timeless island has upgrades for those people. If you are only doing LFR, then more than likely you actually WANT solo content that gives upgrades. For Flex people (like myself).. we have Flex, LFR and timeless islands all with a chance to give upgrades from what we have now.

I actually think Blizzards schedule is pretty genius. It does exactly what they hope. Everyone will start out at ´their level´ and will also do a -1 level. For instance, Flex raiders will also do LFR, Normals will do Flex. But after about 4-5 weeks, their goal is for everyone to turn that -1 into a +1. For instance.. Flex raiders will start to do some bosses in Normal. Normal raiders will get into heroics.. and LFR people, who have now seen the fights and have gear, will be able to do cross-realm or pug Flex modes.

Maybe I am just being selfish because this schedule works out perfectly for me and my guild (starting flex).. But even if I was an LFR person, I still think the timeless island upgrades, along with flex-cross realm just gives a lot of progression. Blizzard should really start promoting Openraid a lot more for those people. But even still, there are a LOT of LFR people, and the first three bosses of flex are pretty easy. There is no reason you can´t pug it.

Deleted
    I was hoping that they'd push people towards Flex raiding by releasing it quite a bit faster than LFR, but alright, lets hope this helps towards phasing out LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    Completely irrelevent, and I never stated that I used your mmoc name, your main is in your profile, a link to your priest, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iless/advanced

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...utus/Merciless

But all that is beside the point here. I'm not going to sit here and bash on you're accomplishments, because quite frankly, I don't fucking care. What irks me is players like you who, who are so delusional in their sense of entitlement in this game. We all pay $15 a month, yes. That doesn't mean you get to have what heroic raiders have. It never has.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, read this post by Bashiok, and take a seat.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9882178141#19
    Yes, I'm well aware that my Character Merciless is the one you peeped at. But like I said, it's only tracking the name Merciless, not the other names it's been or the alts, nor stuff before Ulduar. But thanks btw, I didn't know I was the number 3 shadow priest on my realm! But that's besides the point. I'm not asking to have what heroic raiders have. I'm not asking for Thunderforged gear, I'm not asking for Ra-den fights. I'm asking to see how the main story plays out. That's why I do LFR. I don't do it for the loot and I don't do it to for the achievement for killing a harder boss. What irks me about players like you, is that you think LFR some how interferes with your superior gear and sense of achievement from defeating a more difficult fight, when it doesn't in any way at all.

Why are you acting like Bashiok is some kind of omnipotent infallible CM? Hell Blizzard has been wrong plenty of times. I see no reason for LFR to not have full release day one. The only thing LFR will get over normal is seeing the story all the way through, but that's what the point of LFR is. There isn't better gear and there isn't higher prestige. There's nothing stopping normal/heroic raiders from doing LFR to see the story all at once either. They can still go do their normal raiding for the better gear and their achievements. They're not locked out.

This argument is seriously as silly as the gay marriage debate. It's a non-point and does not effect you whatsoever.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    The only thing the release schedule really does is makes sure to ignore the fact that just because someone does LFR/Flex it does NOT mean that they have a casual amount of playtime in game. Sure they might be bad or just don't want to do organized raiding but its pretty silly to assume that they all also don't play often. It pretty much screws anyone that plays often but doesn't run normal/heroic
    If all you did was LFR in TOT.. then, timeless island has 14 gear upgrades waiting for you even if you have all the SPA stuff. The other side of this ( I am an LFR only person right now), what content am I doing now? Nothing.. LFR people will not only have LFR, they will also have the timeless island for content and progression. Right now, I have LFR and nothing.. barrens loot is downgrades for me.

I guess my answer is, if you are playing 30hrs per week and only do LFR.. you have had basically 2 years of this problem. It is no different after 5.4 and in my opinion, timeless island will be far better than any non-raid content for LFR people because it has actual gear upgrades. As soon as barrens launched, it was obsolete for me ( and most non-casual LFR people).

I guess my answer is, if you are playing 30hrs per week and only do LFR.. you have had basically 2 years of this problem. It is no different after 5.4
    But this is not the case. In previous tiers, a LFR raider will have been grinding LFR in order to gear up for the next tier. In 5.4, he's gearing up for ... what?

That is the problem, made all the worse by LFR being cleared so quickly, and by the LFR raider (most likely) not having a guild raid team that he has commitments to.

Yes, the LFR raider can get upgrades on TI. But if he's not planning to do Flex or above, what is the point of those upgrades? They aren't unlocking anything.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

wow double post....
    Last edited by pvrwizard; 2013-09-04 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    Yes, I'm well aware that my Character Merciless is the one you peeped at. But like I said, it's only tracking the name Merciless, not the other names it's been or the alts, nor stuff before Ulduar. But thanks btw, I didn't know I was the number 3 shadow priest on my realm! But that's besides the point. I'm not asking to have what heroic raiders have. I'm not asking for Thunderforged gear, I'm not asking for Ra-den fights. I'm asking to see how the main story plays out. That's why I do LFR. I don't do it for the loot and I don't do it to for the achievement for killing a harder boss. What irks me about players like you, is that you think LFR some how interferes with your superior gear and sense of achievement from defeating a more difficult fight, when it doesn't in any way at all.

Why are you acting like Bashiok is some kind of omnipotent infallible CM? Hell Blizzard has been wrong plenty of times. I see no reason for LFR to not have full release day one. The only thing LFR will get over normal is seeing the story all the way through, but that's what the point of LFR is. There isn't better gear and there isn't higher prestige. There's nothing stopping normal/heroic raiders from doing LFR to see the story all at once either. They can still go do their normal raiding for the better gear and their achievements. They're not locked out.

This argument is seriously as silly as the gay marriage debate. It's a non-point and does not effect you whatsoever.
    Forget the wowprogress, like I said, I don't care about what you have or haven't accomplished. I'd like to draw light to the fact that you assume I have a burning hatred of lfr and that I feel like it impedes on my own game experience. I never said that, nor did I ever imply it. I lead a 2/13h guild, hardly hardcore or superior. As far as my stance on lfr, I don't care, because it doesn't effect me, in any way. My 1 and only issue with it is the toxic mire that it grows in the player base, and the bad habits it teaches. But again, at the end of the day, it still doesn't effect me, because I play with my guildies, not random players.

My link to Bashiok's post had nothing to do with any perceived respect you think I have for him, or any CM/Dev in general. It was to make a point that LFR is not gated because of players that run normal/heroic bitching and wanting to be "special", it never has been. LFR, and now flex, are gated to simulate the time guilds spend on normal and heroic. You may want to see all of a tier's content in 1 sitting, the first day of the patch, but Blizzard is completely against that, and it won't ever be that way. They didn't design this raid, or any raid for that matter, to be seen once by someone in lfr and then have them unsub.

Also take into consideration this. If you full clear lfr in 1 week, see every boss, what is there left for you to do until next patch/expansion? If lfr is all you do, the answer is nothing, and do you know how many asinine threads have been made by people saying " WTF blizzard, no new content for HOW MANY MONTHS? I'm done with the raid, now what do I do? Release content faster like you promised you liars!"

You need to accept that the gating is there for good reason, and not some personal agenda by Blizzard to cater to the 1% heroic bleeding edge guilds.