Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Yeah I remember before LFR there were was no such thing as raiding because there weren't LFR people around to pay the bills. *rolls eyes*
    Before lfr raiding was on the verge of going extinct. Less and less people were doing it and it was becoming harder and harder to justify the cost of development. Blizzard has said that over and over again but for some reason, some people refuse to listen. LFR is what has allowed them to both tune the content harder then it was in the past and allow them to justify putting the resources towards raiding they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Before lfr raiding was on the verge of going extinct. Less and less people were doing it and it was becoming harder and harder to justify the cost of development. Blizzard has said that over and over again but for some reason, some people refuse to listen. LFR is what has allowed them to both tune the content harder then it was in the past and allow them to justify putting the resources towards raiding they have.
    Making stuff up is fun!

Making stuff up is fun!
    Hey donn't take my word for it,Blizzard has said it themselves several times. Maybe you should go look up it if your not too busy being one of the special ed snowflakes that has just a blind hatred towards lfr.

Yeah I'm going to spend my whole day looking up nonexistent information about how raids were becoming extinct and blizzard didn't have the money to make raids with their 12 million subcribers.

Deleted
    LFR raider here, and I think Blizzard are right to gate the availability of the lower difficulty of raid tiers.

Personally I think Blizzard have been too lenient with the timing, and would have prefered the following set up:

Day 1: Only heroic mode raid is available.

Once a boss is killed on heroic it then becomes available on normal mode.
    Likewise a normal mode kill makes the boss available to flex mode, and a flex mode boss kill makes the boss available to LFR players.

I think it would be a good way to bring realm communities back to life, as everyone would be supporting/watching the leading heroic guilds on their realm, and it may even foster a spirit of competition between realms. I would even go so far as to add a spectator mode to raids, getting everybody interested in realm progress.

Day 31: All remaining bosses become available to all levels of difficulty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    That is just stupid.
    No it's not. I would say wait for the release of flex, but people seem to be too spoilt with LFR now.

You're lucky you even get to see the raid. You should be thankful for what you have.
    And Blizzard is lucky to be getting our $15/month. Funny how that "luck" thing works, isn't it?

BTW, I have no problem with the delayed opening of LFR. If I wanted to, I could let my sub lapse for a few weeks (it expires in two days), but I doubt I'll do that. And if players aren't going to be doing that, they didn't really need an immediate LFR opening.

Blizzard might want to consider the consequences of mechanisms that increase the gear gap between LFR and normal raiders, though. In particular, that gap makes it less likely for LFR raiders to move up to Flex.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-09-05 at 12:43 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I remember once some 15 years ago i bought a game for my nintendo.
    After a while i realized i could not finish the game by afking in Super easy mode setting. Atleast not withing the first hour.
    Confused and infuriated i demanded my money back, if i payd for it it should cater to my need to finsh it instantly without any effort.

Deleted
    Before lfr raiding was on the verge of going extinct.
    you must be a newbie then. Before 10 = 25 there was A LOT, a FUCKING LOT 25 mans GUILDS. LFR is useless, as usefull as 10 = 25.

Going extinct... when most of the servers had at least 1 25man PuG back in Wrath... Mine had at least 4 PuG 25HC a week at the end.

Don't spread your ignorance.

" LFR raider ".... LFR != raid, it's not raiding it's just a festAFK when 5 rerolls PL 20 others greenstufflike skilled ignorant people about gamedesign and why devs sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post
    After a while i realized i could not finish the game by afking in Super easy mode setting. Atleast not withing the first hour.
    Confused and infuriated i demanded my money back, if i payd for it it should cater to my need to finsh it instantly without any effort.
    You may have noticed console games have gotten easier over the years. That's because of feedback from consumer behavior, the games they did and did not buy. Not quite at the level of the parody you gave there, but differing only in degree, not kind.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

why the hell is lfr so delayed? blizzard is a buncha fucktards if they think they should delay lfr till the end of october before garrosh even appears.

way to keep those subs dropping. gg

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    you must be a newbie then. Before 10 = 25 there was A LOT, a FUCKING LOT 25 mans GUILDS. LFR is useless, as usefull as 10 = 25.

Going extinct... when most of the servers had at least 1 25man PuG back in Wrath... Mine had at least 4 PuG 25HC a week at the end.

Don't spread your ignorance.

" LFR raider ".... LFR != raid, it's not raiding it's just a festAFK when 5 rerolls PL 20 others greenstufflike skilled ignorant people about gamedesign and why devs sucks.
    That's true for WoTLK. At that time we had pugs. We also had a 10 and 25 man model that were a different lvl of difficulty. At the point lfr came, tier 13, raiding was in a very steep decline and it was becoming harder and harder to justify the resources being devoted to it. Blizzard has said several times, that lfr is what allows them to justify the resources going towards raiding. Without lfr the trend line for those raiding would be down down down, as it is for both normal and heroic, far too little people raid anything but lfr to justify the resources towards raiding.

Please stop spreading your ignorance and lfr hatred. The part of the game you enjoy (raiding) would be getting a lot less resources if it wasn't for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floppi14 View Post
    Cant decide if joke or incredibly retarded....

Deleted
    Please stop spreading your ignorance and lfr hatred. The part of the game you enjoy (raiding) would be getting a lot less resources if it wasn't for it.
    Ignorance of what ? It like showing the moon and you just look my finger. I don't care about 10 man crap and flex and lfr, all of these are the BAD decisions of incompetent arse.

Part of the game I enjoyed was back, in Vanilla, Aldrassil, casting my first Wrath then spending a whole week in Teldrassil for pleasure. Nowadays, you can level 60 in 2 days easily and you won't even remembered your first step in.

I would prefer different servers for differents gamers, like HM servers, normal mode servers and beginners. Two servers migrations at 0 $ per year.

" A lot less ressources "

The best ressource is what you call "" Elitists "" players, without serious gamers the game would be a F2P quality and even look at the PvP state... worst ever and ever....

And ressources for what... to delete all the 5 man elite quest, to delete all the epicness of Dungeons, to delete all the 25 mans guild leading to dead servers ?

A SERVER IS DEAD WHEN there is no 25 man guild.... so your " A lot of ressources " is pretty DUMB ( insert rage and infracted leading to a BAN here ) !!

You for sure have never looked a PTR forum.... It is what Devs are, a whole fucking MESS. You don't know anything about WoW and the design issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    It IS a fact that NO EFFORT is needed. Watch the video by mikepreach.

Put it this way: I see you have a big collection of pets, and I can only imagine that some required some effort to get. How would you feel if Blizz suddenly decides that others who don't have time to farm pets should have them too and everytime I log in I get a rare pet handed by mail. Would you concratulate me for "my effort" of logging in? Would you be happy with Blizzard and feel that this is the right decision to hand out the rare pets, which some took you weeks or months to farm, like hotdogs at a baseball game?

I don't want to take any content from anyone. I just want that everyone has to put in the same effort for the same reward. That's all.
    mikepreach is a moron. It takes EFFORT to kill the boss 25 people cant afk trough lfr

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    I pay much more then the typical LFR hero, much much more, with staying subbed for so long, server transes, faction and race changes. So I pay the bill for LFR!
    LOL where are you getting this data at on people who run lfr?

- - - Updated - - -

Grow up. You are just a whiny vocal minority. LFR heroes do not pay the bills. The majority of players DON'T EVEN RAID. They don't even set food in LFR. If all the LFR heroes left it wouldn't matter one bit. The game existed fine before LFR and it would exist fine, imo better if it were removed. We're not even asking that here, we're asking that you crybabies stfu and wait to down the end boss like the rest of us.
    Bullshit. GC even said more people raid than ever now because of lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    mikepreach is a moron. It takes EFFORT to kill the boss 25 people cant afk trough lfr

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't take 25 people to kill a boss in Lfr, it takes 25 people to get in with less then half carrying the group. GL not getting 5+ stacks of determination without normal and HC players bringing in their mains and alts cause its all going to flex now that legendary is not tied to farming the raid. Even the good Lfr raiders who don't have the time for scheduled raiding will leave once they realize they can PUG easy and have some more fun. PUGs are a lost art on most servers and flex will bring it back

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    Even the good Lfr raiders who don't have the time for scheduled raiding will leave once they realize they can PUG easy and have some more fun.
    Or they will leave when they realize there's little point gearing up in the last tier of an expansion.

I do think this tier has the potential to turn out utterly disastrously, more so than Q2 2012 did for DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me debunk this bullshit your spewing

Ignorance of what ? It like showing the moon and you just look my finger. I don't care about 10 man crap and flex and lfr, all of these are the BAD decisions of incompetent arse.
    10 man, Flex and LFR were all good things for the game

Part of the game I enjoyed was back, in Vanilla, Aldrassil, casting my first Wrath then spending a whole week in Teldrassil for pleasure. Nowadays, you can level 60 in 2 days easily and you won't even remembered your first step in.
    Ah nostalgia, You enjoyed the long grind in leveling. Most do not.

I would prefer different servers for differents gamers, like HM servers, normal mode servers and beginners. Two servers migrations at 0 $ per year.
    Would cost to much for blizzard to maintain and not be worth it. Really if people want some hard core game maybe they should just realize wow moved on and they should do the same

The best ressource is what you call "" Elitists "" players, without serious gamers the game would be a F2P quality and even look at the PvP state... worst ever and ever....
    Bullshit. They tested bosses with out the ptr before. They have their own in house team for testing. PVp is in a shit state because blizzard nerfs one class in to the group than makes it op later, Also they seem to have no clue how to balance or fix pvp. In fact every season is "the worst ever". The Hardcore raiders are a very small minority.

And ressources for what... to delete all the 5 man elite quest, to delete all the epicness of Dungeons, to delete all the 25 mans guild leading to dead servers ?
    5 man elite quest were retarded for leveling. You had to skip it or find a level caped person to help you, They tried to make Dungeons epic again in Cata and we all know how that went, 25 man guild have been a dying breed on most servers since its easier to get 10 people who know what they are doing to show up.

A SERVER IS DEAD WHEN there is no 25 man guild.... so your " A lot of ressources " is pretty DUMB ( insert rage and infracted leading to a BAN here ) !!
    Servers being dead are because of too many servers and transfers but that is going to be addressed with connected realms.

You for sure have never looked a PTR forum.... It is what Devs are, a whole fucking MESS. You don't know anything about WoW and the design issues.
    And you know so much about wow design? I looked at the PTR and been on the PTR. The best part is when reported bugs are ignored and not fixed than pushed to live

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quilm View Post
    No it doesn't take 25 people to kill a boss in Lfr, it takes 25 people to get in with less then half carrying the group. GL not getting 5+ stacks of determination without normal and HC players bringing in their mains and alts cause its all going to flex now that legendary is not tied to farming the raid. Even the good Lfr raiders who don't have the time for scheduled raiding will leave once they realize they can PUG easy and have some more fun. PUGs are a lost art on most servers and flex will bring it back
    The point was it takes effort to kill the boss. I do not think flex will kill lfr. The reason puging died was because people want you to have the Achievement and out gear it
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-05 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Or they will leave when they realize there's little point gearing up in the last tier of an expansion.

I do think this tier has the potential to turn out utterly disastrously, more so than Q2 2012 did for DS.

Ye that's true but I certainly hope it doesn't turn into the DS gong show part 2, if they try to ride this for a full year with a minor content patch they will be in trouble and will hurt the servers a lot. I mean raiding isn't gonna keep the attention span of the subs unless flex turns out to be a big hit

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck difference does that make? I said the majority of the playerbase DO NOT RAID. It's irrelevant that more are raiding now than before, raiders are still the MINORITY.