Thread: SSD Problems

SSD Problems

I just put in an SSD, most everything is running fine. I have two problems, though. When I login and open Chrome, it will open maximized and then size down and I'll have to manually maximize it. Anyone know if there's a setting or something that's causing that? The other problem I'm having is with "Sleep". I'll hit sleep, the screen will go black, but the fans and everything will keep running. The light on the bottom of the mouse will go off. After a minute or two, decide to a key on the keyboard to try and bring the video back, but it stays black. Eventually, I just have to flip the switch in the back to turn it off. Any ideas for this?

I never use chrome so I can't help with that, but there have been issues with putting computers to sleep when installing the OS on an SSD as sleep mode copies the current settings/values etc to the drive. With an SSD it is generally best to just tell the system to shut down and turn it back on when you are ready. I know my system only takes about 35 seconds to boot so sleep mode is no longer all that necessary.

Deleted
    question, do you have an asus motherboard and have AI suite installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    question, do you have an asus motherboard and have AI suite installed?
    Yes. It's an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 with Suite installed as well.

Edit: The current programs installed are (after uninstalling AI Suite):
    AMD Catalyst
    Belkin (Wireless Adapter)
    Microsoft Security
    Samsung Magician
    Microsoft Visual C++ x64
    Google Chrome
    Last edited by Lbueno; 2013-09-05 at 09:41 PM.

Deleted
    once youve removed the asus suite, do you still get the same issue?

Yeah, I removed it, restarted the comupter, was still happening afterwards. Funny thing now.. I put the HDD back in and started getting BSOD and it doesn't give me enough time when I try to reinstall W7 to actually reinstall it. The blue screen comes up before it finishes and stops it mid-install. So, now it's kind of like.. WTF.. The computer is still under warranty with iBuyPower (until the end of December), so I'm going to try and send it back to get fixed rather than trying to fix this thing myself. I've been having problems with it since I got it pretty much. I don't think I'd buy from there again. The computer is great when it works, but it has given me too many problems to be worth the $800 I spent on it. As an example - (This was probably 2-3 months after getting the computer in January) When I would start the computer, it was taking forever (3 to 15 minutes) to get to POST. I tried a few things, nothing was working. I sent it in. They "fixed" it. When they sent it back, it was working fine for a few days. Then, it started again and was taking up to 15 minutes to get to POST. I have a friend that went to college for all this stuff, so I had him look at it. He took out the CPU and showed me the bent pins and said this is probably your problem. He said he learned a little trick in college to straighten the pins as a temporary fix - Taking something like a credit card and straightening the pins. So, he did that and it fixed the problem. I told them what it was and had them send me a CPU. They sent me one. They sent it in a box of a card reader that was about 15+ times the size of the CPU with no protection or anything, so it just was probably bumping around all the way here. When I took it out, I gave it to the friend to replace. He looked at it and started laughing. I asked what're you laughing about. He gave it to me to look at... It had bent pins. I sent it back and they were going to try and charge me. Eventually, they gave me the money back and didn't charge me for it. There's more, but this post is getting long.