Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

5.4 Gearing Strategy (Hunter)

So I wanted to get some opinions on how you guys will be going about gearing out your hunter next patch. What are you going for first? Trinkets or tier pieces. I'm sure ranged weapons are priority number 1 on everyone's list, but after that, what will you be spending your tokens/charms... whatever they are calling them next patch.

My group will progress much slower than most of the people here, so I'll likely take what I get when I get it.

However, I'll likely save my "Warforged Seal" rolls for ranged weapons, trinkets, and tier pieces.

weapon>trinkets/tier>rest

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    However, I'll likely save my "Warforged Seal" rolls for ranged weapons, trinkets, and tier pieces.
    Better stock up on Lesser Charms then. That is what I'm doing. I'll be going after that bow that drops from the Klaxxi, which sadly won't happen until October (I play LFR mostly).

Deleted
    I am hesitant to just throw coins on every weapon, even when all of them are solid upgrades over HC TF tortos bow. in ToT I've seen at least 10 drops of the tortos bow HC WF, while have not seen a single Crossbow from durumu (in 5 kills) and only once the Gun from Qon (in 6-7 kills). I may save the coins on the first week, just to have an idea of the drop rate of the items I want more, so I don't waste coins on items that may drop plenty of times. Also current gear (+545) is way higher than needed to clear normals, and I'm pretty sure we won't clear 14/14 the first week, not even the second. So, since we don't need gear from one boss to beat the next one, until maybe paragons or Garrosh, and definetly HC's, ill plan my coins mindfully, not to get geared as fast as possible, but to save the coins for those good pieces that rarely drop in a 2-3 week window. Except for trinkets/tier, of course.

its better to look up every upgrade in simcraft, to calculate the next one, but weapons and trinkets will most likely go first

Deleted
    Probably gonna save my coins the first week, and start spending them in week two when we hopefully kill something on heroic. But guess I will spend them for the same as others, weapons and trinkets first.

According to FD Tier isn't really an upgrade other than the obvious fact that its a higher ilvl. Well i should say Tier Set bonuses. T15 Bonuses are alot stronger than T16 BUT even with that being said the tier is an upgrade simply because of all those glorious red gems. Personally i'm going for Weapon>Trinkets>Tier>Off Pieces. Mainly because in my guild we have 5 prot users(2 shamans 1 BrM Monk and a Fury Warrior + Me ) So some of their sets are better to grab than mine right off the bat.

I'll be progressing much slower then most here, but I'll certainly roll Sha of Pride and then bosses with weapons(Protectors/Malkorok, Paragons when we kill them.)

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure yet, but since my weapon is pretty decent I'm thinking about spending my first 3 coins on the 3 trinket bosses. Once we start on heroics I will start coining in order the weapons (again, all of them), trinkets and tier items.

We are probably going to have a bunch of normal mode kills on the late tier bosses before we start doing them on heroic so I think it's a smarter idea to try to coin the things almost a third of our raid team wants to have. Our tier bonuses aren't as strong for us compared to other people and with 3 Hunters (1 being on vacation for several raids days even) and 4 different ranged weapons I'm fully expecting us to disenchant a handful of those as well. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to spend coins on ranged weapons in my case, despite them being the biggest upgrade.

Deleted
    weapon -> 2 set > trinket -> 4set

If I was going into t16, I would roll on two bosses that drop weapons because the ilvl difference is huge, then I would try to get the assurance of consequence trinket. So in summation, I would go with: Weapons > trinket(s) > tier.

Bosses to roll on based on the above:

Sha of Pride
    Malkorok
    Paragons of the Klaxxi

Not only are these covering the weapons and the assurance of consequence trinket priority, but they are also covering tier pieces and some misc gear you can just put on when you get them (rings, bracers, etc.).
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-09-07 at 06:20 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Better stock up on Lesser Charms then. That is what I'm doing. I'll be going after that bow that drops from the Klaxxi, which sadly won't happen until October (I play LFR mostly).
    I have 600 Lesser Charms, so as of right now, I'm good for 12 weeks.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 1000 of them. I finished up needing Mogu Runes many weeks ago. Warforged Seals here I come!

i still have over 1000 on my hunter, i did a lot of dailys trying to get all the achievements and racing for that FOS that i didnt got because others cheated with the scritch mob and spended a lot of gold on the ítem as well.

not that getting a lot of charms is any dificult now since they are not removing mobs that ppl used to farm them.

i think i will focus my priority on replacing bad juju since is the most hurt trinket, i will go for the trinket i will prolly use for both specs wich is ebon, after that i will try to get my hands in 2pc and weapons as tehstool is doing on bosses that have not only tier but good offpieces.

kinda sad that im going into 5.4 with no TF gear other than raden loot and still missing a belt, using rep belt doublé upgraded. gota love 10 man.

I have 25,000 lesser charms lol, if only there was more use for them ^^
    (from lots of pet battling, and still doing the odd daily set most days)

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The entire T16 set appears to have good stats and gem sockets/bonuses for Hunters. Shouldn't need to use any offset pieces. Having said that, the set still looks...different! o.O

Tier legs are clearly the worst, therefore BiS will be http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105454 mostly because of the 150 extra agility, not necessarily the stats.

Personally im going for Wep>assurance> 2P> anything heroic mode

Quote Originally Posted by Walajanilu View Post
    Tier legs are clearly the worst, therefore BiS will be http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=105454 mostly because of the 150 extra agility, not necessarily the stats.

Personally im going for Wep>assurance> 2P> anything heroic mode
    To add to this for people who will likely not see heroic gear until near the end of the xpac, the crafted pants are likely BiS.

Gorge Stalker Legplates