Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    A few years ago my mother's house, in which I was at the time living half the time (divorced parents), was broken into in the early hours of the morning, and the keys to her Mazda RX8 were stolen. The thief took the car and her purse which was next to the car keys. Waking up to the sound of her distraught crying was 100% the most disturbing and terrifying thing that has ever happened to me. The feeling of knowing someone has been in your house, uninvited, during the night, and stolen from you - it's almost indescribable. Since then everyone in my family has been super fucking vigilant with locking doors, keeping keys safe, keeping keys away from letterboxes etc.

So yes, had a house broken into, and things stolen. Feels fucking awful.

The car was retrieved several days later about 30 miles away, abandoned and mildly damaged. Insurance company paid for the damage and the bank locked all the stolen cards, so nothing much was lost at the end of it all. Still a terrifying thing to have gone through.

Stolen, hmm, i remember back in old days i had my discman stolen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    ...stolen 7 cases of imported, danish beer.
    Those Bastards!!!

Back in the day, I had my VCR and my guitar stolen.

edit.
    Just remebered that my dad actually saw them running, got in his car and ran them over.
    I like juice

Deleted
    been broken into 3 times, by what I suspect was the same group of people.
    First time they took my PSone and a couple of backed up games, Was more pissed that they had broken a window than the loss of the console + games as I had another one in bedroom which then some how missed.

Second time They took my PC. For some reason I found it back at my door in the morning. Might have had something to do with the big red custom bios screen stating that it was stolen if not at my address.

Third and final time they took upwards of 100 DVD's but for some reason left an ounce of Cannabis resin that was on the table and left the PS2 powered up. if they had taken a few moments to inspect the DVD's they would have found the majority where copies. The originals where in a leather binder behind the TV. its almost like they broke in, smoked some weed, played on my PS2 and took some DVD's leaving the weed behind which confused the hell out of me.

Thieves in my area are not exactly known for having a High IQ. Since then I have installed a security system and never been bothered again. The worst thing I found out of the whole experience was not the loss of some dvd / console or my PC. it was that someone had been in my home and had been through my stuff. Took ages afterwards to feel comtable leaving my home for anything more than a couple of minuets.

Deleted
    A couple of years ago, I had what is known as a 'creeper burglar'.

Basically, it's a burglar who's brazen enough to come into your home while you sleep - and not just into your home, but your room. My poor flatmate woke in the middle of the night to find someone standing with her laptop under his arm. Unfortunately her yelling took a second to wake me, and he'd made it out the door before I could grab something heavy or sharp and block his route to the door (turned out he'd picked the lock).

Thankfully, he was caught a few months later, though the laptop was long gone by this point. It was the same idiot who I'd come home late to find 'casing' the place. At the time, he'd acted the good samaritan who had been walking past, seen our door open and checked to see if we were okay. Might've gotten away had he not been stupid enough to give me his REAL cell number on the way out of the door in case I "wanted to watch a DVD or something sometime".

Regardless, we have a couple of extra deadbolts on the door now.

Aside from being a little shaken up at the time, we did at least get a good chuckle at what he got away with. Aside from the brand new Vaio (which was insured, so no biggy), everything he'd managed to snatch on his way through was broken. Broken MP3 player, empty wallet that was falling apart, broken cellphone, and a DVD-RW box that in fact contained a broken CD-ROM drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I've ever really had anything stolen from me personally was my little purse back in middle school. :\ Been at my locker, had left it on the floor in front of me, walked away forgetting to pick it up, got to class and realized I'd forgotten it... told the teacher I needed to run back and get it but that fast it was gone. Teacher or principal or somebody, I forget, checked trashcans in bathrooms and stuff but wasn't found. Still feel kinda badly about that, to think it ended up in the hands of some asshole, esp the loss of a little coin purse I'd had in it that a relative had brought back from a trip they'd taken.

Was during a time when the stupid school district thought bussing in kids from the bad side of town would somehow get them a better education, while ignoring the fact that students/families ARE a large part of the school and what makes it good or bad. Because of this my middle school was pretty bad... not to automatically blame it on kids from poorer areas, the good ones certainly deserved a better chance and it may not have even been a kid from those parts, could have been a little local suburban asshole for all I know, but the chances are high given a lot of the kids that were there that it was one of those who was bussed in... I didn't really even have much in it worth taking. :\

Not directly me... lets see, my sister left my mother's car doors unlocked (she's been borrowing her car a lot for work) and someone had the nerve to get in it in our own damn driveway. That was earlier this year. My sister thought it was just stupid kid stuff since they mostly tossed stuff around and stole her coupons for something. (Later she realized they also took something belonging to my brother in law that he'd at least gotten cheaper used on eBay, but still.) She's lucky they either didn't notice or didn't want her pricy bow and arrows that were in the back seat.

I dislike that she tried to brush it off as just stupid kids because lesser crap is where it starts, I hope she's learned to lock those doors. Pisses me off though that they'd be bold enough to come onto our frigging property. Can't place blame and I doubt it was anyone actually from a nearby problem house, but no doubt somehow related to some of the rubbish coming around sometimes that they've attracted like flies. Been in this neighborhood my whole life and this is NOT what this place is, makes me angry that people would dare try to make it that way.

Aside from that, when my parents had a small second bathroom built in the basement, with the hired person's workmen coming in and out of the house, my mom's camera magically disappeared.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-09-04 at 08:21 PM.

When i in the military, i had my dorm room broken into, and my tv, dreamcast, cd's, dvd's were all stolen. luckily for me the only person who had a key to my dorm, was my ex g/f. So it pretty much narrowed downed the culprit.

15+ Year Old Account
    The summer before my senior year of high school, a guy broke into my mom's house at 6:30 in the morning. I was home, dude made so much noise checking to see if the house was empty before kicking down the back door, I was awake & met him at the door with a base ball bat. He saw me, turned around & ran, he didn't see our chain link fence, he hit it full force, did a front flip over it and landed on his face. Best part was that a link at the top caught his pants, so he got de-pantsed as well.

Funny how this thread came up when my family home got burgled just 2 days ago.
    Sad thing is, the poor souls didn't get much out of it. They caused a 3k worth of damage for a 700$ laptop, and a pc screen. They broke several doors, a window (including the thief bars behind said window) and a couple cabinets and the whole house was like a bomb exploded inside.
    Thank god they didn't bother with the TVs or the sound system.

Nope, but the street I'm living inn, we are the last not to have burglery done to us as far as I know. Few weeks back other neighbours had tools stolen, but don't think they went inside.

Basicly Denmark is riddled with it. We got the sad record off my burgleries off any European country pr. citizens inn Europe. I don't understand why my dad dosen't seem to care much for it - Would be easy to rob us if you ask me.

Edit: Blame eastern europeans mostly for it aswell. But they aint all the time the offenders ofcourse.

Family recently had his house broken into, while he was at work; They took random things, but also some silly things like taking the DvD player, but not the right remote (LOL!!), and a electric razor...Seriously who would wanna use anothers mans razor, its pretty intimate tool.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-09-04 at 08:20 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Nope, but the street I'm living inn, we are the last not to have burglery done to us as far as I know. Few weeks back other neighbours had tools stolen, but don't think they went inside.

Basicly Denmark is riddled with it. We got the sad record off my burgleries off any European country pr. citizens inn Europe. I don't understand why my dad dosen't seem to care much for it - Would be easy to rob us if you ask me.

Edit: Blame eastern europeans mostly for it aswell. But they aint all the time the offenders ofcourse.

Family recently had his house broken into, while he was at work; They took random things, but also some silly things like taking the DvD player, but not the right remote (LOL!!), and a electric razor...Seriously who would wanna use anothers mans razor, its pretty intimate tool.
    I know right? In my case, they left 2 1k each cameras intact, along with a special edition shotgun (with engravings etc etc) which costs around 5k but they made sure to grab our cordless telephones...

10+ Year Old Account
    Twice.

Once, I was actually home at the time. Dorms in college. Our front door was almost perpetually open due to the surfer dude roomate who was flitting in and out all the time. I literally walked out one evening to find my gamecube missing, when it was there an hour earlier.

The other time was riding my bike down the block to grab some noms at the local burrito shop. Lock my bike up, go get food. Come back, unlock bike, realize I forgot a straw for my drink. Go back in, get straw, come back out, bike gone. I was literally gone for.... 20 seconds? 30 tops? Someone was literally sitting nearby, watching, waiting for someone to leave their bike. -_-
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I had a beautiful scooter stolen from my yard. And my trusty mountain bike. A garden hose this past winter. All my silver jewelry stolen by a roommate I immediately kicked out. Someone just tried to break into my house this morning. I HAVE NOTHING LEFT FOR THESE JERKS TO STEAL, AND I'M POOR. GO ROB SOMEONE ELSE.

Oh, and now I remember when I lived in Honolulu...it was warm and breezy at night so I had the door open but the screen shut. Some guy walked into our gated apartment yard and decided he wanted to visit. I chased him out, running with barefeet down the street yelling at him. Exactly one month later he did the same thing and cut my screen to get in (the first time it wasn't locked). I caught him again while he was looking at a cage with my pet rats in it. This time I got his license plate number and jerk was arrested. Not like he could actually, you know, *drive anywhere else but Oahu*. Both times were midnight, just as I got home from work. It's a very scary and violated feeling. I'm just glad today that the nosy half-blind gay former bouncer neighbor saw the would-be thief and tackled him hard. I think he was picked up a few blocks from my house. I was at work and so were my daughters and roommate. FML
    Last edited by Thaag; 2013-09-04 at 08:43 PM. Reason: More fun and hilarity to share!

In late high-school, we had a new member of our class who was very socially uncomfortable. After he remained as an outsider for longer than it usually took to 'join' our class, I asked some of our teachers about him and apparently he suffered from a number of difficulties. One day we discovered he had added kleptomania to his list.

During a PE lesson when everyone had abandoned their bags, he went through them all and collected a dozen cellphones, three or four iPods and a few pieces of semi-precious jewelry. Needless to say it stirred up the school a bit, and he was eventually caught (after stealing art supplies from another class).

I haven't held a grudge against him as I realise he had other issues he was dealing with, but I'll never be able to forget that eerie and uncomfortable feeling you get when you know that someone has gone through your personal belongings without your permission. I can't even begin to imagine what that would feel like if someone stole from your own home.

The student in question returned all of the 'acquired' items, and was referred for professional help, just to round out the story.

Cheers.
    -Vin-

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a $600 Cannondale crossover bike.

Some asshole stole it from me about two months ago.

And if I ever find that asshole, I'm setting his nuts on fire.

I mean seriously, fuck you, I can't afford another $600 bike, it was practically a gift from my father. This piece of shit, well, lets just say if I catch him, he'll envy the relationship between Ramsay Snow and Theon Greyjoy (I'm Ramsay.)
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Yeah, a bike, had gotten it like 2 weeks before.

Deleted
    Nothing at all

Except my heart

Deleted
    Someone stole my whole Pokemon collection when I was a kid.

Never had anything stolen or my place broken into. A friend and I had to break into his place once though because he locked himself out like a boss. Was actually kind of fun figuring out how to get inside without actually breaking anything. Took us around 30 minutes or so, but we managed to do it.

Deleted
    Yes, in 2003 me and my then girlfriend were living together and we went out one Friday night and came back the next day to discover everything in our house was gone, aside from clothes and furniture. It was four days before Christmas too.