1. #2261
    The only thing I'm happy about with this is that the new Warchief isn't an Orc, and that Garrosh is still alive. Perhaps Blizzard has finally learned not to kill off big characters so easily?

    Vol'jin is just meh, Thrall in troll skin.

  2. #2262
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The moment his head dropped when it was announced I fucking laughed. Whats worse for garry? dieing a warriors death even in disgrace? or LIVING with that disgrace.
    True, but he might still die after that trial. It wouldn't be his dream death though, lol.

  3. #2263
    Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    True, but he might still die after that trial. It wouldn't be his dream death though, lol.
    Indeed.

    I did freak out though when Voljin was chosen as the new chief. It was the alliance version I saw first, moment I saw the horde one I was like OH DAYUM!!!

  4. #2264
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Thrall has always been like this. Anyone who truly dishonours the horde etc dies by doom hammer.
    Yeah. Or rather:

    Thrall: I gonna kill you now, asshole!
    Varian: No.
    Thrall: Good point.

  5. #2265
    At first I thought "so he's like a spokesman for the horde while they're still choosing the warchief"

  6. #2266
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Yeah. Or rather:

    Thrall: I gonna kill you now, asshole!
    Varian: No.
    Thrall: Good point.
    Nah it was not like that at all, HE tells Varian hes not taking Garry until Taran gets wtf pwned like Krillain zu says the pandas got the worst of it and that Garry should stand trial. Both Varian and Thrall agree.

    Otherwise Garry was going to have his head popped like a Melon (i'd pay to see that!)

  7. #2267
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Thrall: I gonna kill you now, asshole!
    Varian: No.
    Thrall: Good point.
    I somehow forgot the cinematic in the moments I was reading this and thought it was a duel.

  8. #2268
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Nah it was not like that at all, HE tells Varian hes not taking Garry until Taran gets wtf pwned like Krillain zu says the pandas got the worst of it and that Garry should stand trial. Both Varian and Thrall agree.

    Otherwise Garry was going to have his head popped like a Melon (i'd pay to see that!)
    Really. The Pandaren got the worst treatment here.

    Okay, I'm a not really a fan of the whole rebellion thing, but what about Trolls getting murdered on refular basis? Or, what about Jaina and Theramore? Or numerous war casualities on the Alliance side? Lol nope, one zone of Pandaria started to look kinda ugly, they really have the biggest reason to hate him.

    To be fair, Garrosh made them a favour. Remember what he said in 5.4 trailer? Pandaren tend to bury their damn emotions rather than let them run their course - you know, the natural solution. So what, the continent was prefectly fine with being stuck with a big ass condensated evil Sha under their settlements? Yeah, the best idea ever. Garroshes actions somehow helped the Pandaria more than they hurted the continent, since without Garrosh they would be stuck with the 7 Sha forever. It may be taking it too far, but come on, what a bunch of asian hypocrites.

    Anyway, my money is on the fact that Taran Zhu will get himself hurt again somehow.

  9. #2269
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Okay, I'm a not really a fan of the whole rebellion thing, but what about Trolls getting murdered on refular basis? Or, what about Jaina and Theramore? Or numerous war casualities on the Alliance side? Lol nope, one zone of Pandaria started to look kinda ugly, they really have the biggest reason to hate him.
    If Immerseus were not cleansed, the corruption in the Vale would have meant the death of an entire contient. That's sort of worse than what was done to the Darkspear, however gruesome it might have been.



  10. #2270
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Really. The Pandaren got the worst treatment here.

    Okay, I'm a not really a fan of the whole rebellion thing, but what about Trolls getting murdered on refular basis? Or, what about Jaina and Theramore? Or numerous war casualities on the Alliance side? Lol nope, one zone of Pandaria started to look kinda ugly, they really have the biggest reason to hate him.

    To be fair, Garrosh made them a favour. Remember what he said in 5.4 trailer? Pandaren tend to bury their damn emotions rather than let them run their course - you know, the natural solution. So what, the continent was prefectly fine with being stuck with a big ass condensated evil Sha under their settlements? Yeah, the best idea ever. Garroshes actions somehow helped the Pandaria more than they hurted the continent, since without Garrosh they would be stuck with the 7 Sha forever. It may be taking it too far, but come on, what a bunch of asian hypocrites.

    Anyway, my money is on the fact that Taran Zhu will get himself hurt again somehow.
    Dont get me wrong lots of people were affected by Garry, but we must remember the Mantid struck EARLY because of the shit storm we brought. The mogu and Zandalari were separate as far as I was aware so us being the helped them out, the Sha also caused huge problems with the yuangol attacks and other issues where the sha infestation was worse than its ever been. Not to mention we brought an entire war to that place. Then the whole mess of the vale too.

    Still the others agreed to have the trial in panda land. so meh \o/ guess we have to live with it. I preferred the head popping like a melon.

  11. #2271
    I can see Garrosh reappearing in a future expansion as an Ally. Like you are clearing a raid in a Burning Legion expansion, only to enter a room full of dead demons. The camera pans up from the floor to see a brown-skinned Orc, drenched in demon blood only to have him turn his head and let out a grin.

    Thrall's words will have hit home about him not being worthy of his family name, he makes up for it by fighting to defend those who showed him mercy.

  12. #2272
    Thrall wanting to smash Garrosh's head with Doomhammer was unexpected for me, but I liked the two cinematics (hundred times better than the shit we had in Cata...)
    Abyssal Maw when Blizzard cancelled it.
    Over the Mists, WoW like you've never seen it before !

  13. #2273
    I still think the whole thing happened too quickly.

    I know they were trying to wrap it up in a single scenematic, but Thrall's previous poor decision-making was what led to this whole thing to start with. You'd think that someone would stop and say, "Maybe we should all sit down and discuss this before we make any hasty decisions..."

    That's what kills my ability to suspend disbelief the most: not the obvious things that make zero sense, but the things that you'd consider when you really put yourself in the character's shoes. Thrall making an earth-shakingly horrendous decision on the new warchief last time would be reason enough to put the discussion to a good deal more debate and discussion this time.

    Vol'jin has been through a lot lately: is he still the same as he was before? Does he have a chip on his shoulder now? Etc.

    Also, I can almost guarantee we'll see a Garrosh redemption story at some point, here. There's no other reason to leave him alive at the end. Why leave him alive only to execute him in Pandaria?
    Last edited by Destian; 2013-09-12 at 11:25 AM.

  14. #2274
    Well they certainly took the safe option but I think that Vol'jin is a pretty good choice for Warchief. Would have preferred Lor'themar but what can you do?
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  15. #2275
    lol voljin. i am dissapoint big time.

  16. #2276
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,839
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You're in for a rude awakening.... literally.

    MMO champ had both videos up last night within an hour of each kill.

  17. #2277
    Stood in the Fire Dat Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Mega Drive Sonic 1's Special Stage
    Posts
    399
    Totally called it. And I could not be more happy

    FOR THE HORDE!!!

  18. #2278
    What's funny is that I see less hate/complaining in YouTube than here. Usually it's the opposite?

  19. #2279
    Garrosh lives!! LOLOLOLOL THE TRUE HORDE WILL COME TO PASS!

  20. #2280
    Pit Lord Urti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Learnin' Braille, Readin' basketballs.
    Posts
    2,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Totally called it. And I could not be more happy

    FOR THE HORDE!!!
    Yep. My main is a troll. Let da good times troll brudda!!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •